Audrey vs. Avery

[name_m]Hi[/name_m],

We are expecting are second daughter this spring. Our first daughter’s name is [name_f]Julia[/name_f]. We are currently debating between:

• [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
  • [name_u]Avery[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]

What are your thoughts? [name_m]Favorite[/name_m]? Any other names that you think might go well with [name_f]Julia[/name_f]? Middle name suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]! I think it goes very well with [name_f]Julia[/name_f].

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] and [name_u]Avery[/name_u] are two of my most [name_m]FAVORITE[/name_m] girl names. I think either name goes perfectly with [name_f]Julia[/name_f]. [name_f]Julia[/name_f] is a name only for girls, and so is [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], but [name_u]Avery[/name_u] is unisex. If it bothers you that one daughter will have a girl name and one daughter will have a unisex name, then you should use [name_f]Audrey[/name_f].

However, I don’t think it matters that [name_u]Avery[/name_u] is unisex. So I wouldn’t let that affect your decision.

Some middle name suggestions I have are [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_f]Marie[/name_f], [name_f]Hope[/name_f], [name_f]Ellen[/name_f], [name_f]Faith[/name_f], [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], and [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

I like both, but I love [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]. [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is classic all around and girly without the frills. [name_f]Love[/name_f] it.

I think [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] fits best with [name_f]Julia[/name_f]. [name_u]Avery[/name_u] is a bit too unisex.

Other names that fit with [name_f]Julia[/name_f]:

[name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Katherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Celia[/name_f]
[name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_f]Elaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Vivianne[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Elinor[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]

Middle name suggestions:

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Roselind[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Emeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Catriona[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] is a wonderful, beautiful classic like [name_f]Julia[/name_f]. [name_u]Avery[/name_u] is pretty, but seems much more modern and not classic at all. My vote is [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]!

Another vote for [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]!

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] goes perfectly with [name_f]Julia[/name_f]

You need an elegant name like [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] to match the classic beauty of [name_f]Julia[/name_f]. Definitely [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]!

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is lovely with [name_f]Julia[/name_f]!

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] for sure. [name_u]Avery[/name_u] is too masculine.

I think [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] is as elegant, refined and feminine, while [name_u]Avery[/name_u] is unisex and casual. I think you could put either with [name_f]Julia[/name_f] (if it were [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] I would say definitely [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]), but I like [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] best.

Thank you all so much for your feedback! I greatly appreciate it! Think we’re pretty much sold on [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] too! Thanks again!

I love both [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] and [name_u]Avery[/name_u], but I prefer [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] paired with [name_f]Julia[/name_f]. [name_f]Julia[/name_f] is very feminine, so [name_u]Avery[/name_u] might come across as more masculine to some people, although it is pretty much completely accepted as a girls’ name, seeing as it is so high in popularity. You can’t go wrong with either.