August & Olivia- HELP!

Hey Berries! :wave: I’ve been writing a story that has a few name problems- starting with [name_u]August[/name_u] nn [name_m]Auggie[/name_m] and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Liv[/name_f] (my main characters). There is a book that has the same names for both main characters, the only difference being [name_f]Via[/name_f] as the nn for [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]. :grimacing:
[name_m]Lord[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u] Mannering [name_u]Scott[/name_u]- I really love [name_m]Auggie[/name_m], though I had been considering [name_m]Llewellyn[/name_m] nn [name_m]Lew[/name_m] or [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] nn [name_u]Cass[/name_u] :thinking: He has curly blond hair :blonde_man: brown eyes, a sense of humor and a crazy grin :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I think it suits him, personally. His sisters are [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] and [name_f]Milicent[/name_f]. :upside_down_face:
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_u]Codie[/name_u]- I love [name_f]Liv[/name_f] and I haven’t found any name replacements for it that I like :worried:, so I am asking DESPERATELY for name suggestions :pray: She has brown hair, blue eyes, is very serious and caring. Her siblings are [name_u]Willow[/name_u] and [name_u]Brady[/name_u] and I am more willing to change her name than Auggie’s :sweat_smile:
Questions in short :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you think it matters their names are the same as another book?
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you prefer one over the other, hate them both or have any other suggestions about them?
And do you have any name suggestions?
:thinking:
Thank you my darlings! :purple_heart:

1 Like

I think it’s okay! Since [name_m]Auggie[/name_m] and [name_f]Via[/name_f] go by those names exclusively in [name_u]Wonder[/name_u], I don’t think it’s a big deal. [name_f]Liv[/name_f] is a very different name, so I think you’re fine! [name_u]August[/name_u] nn [name_u]Gus[/name_u] could also work, if you wanted to change [name_m]Auggie[/name_m] and make both nicknames different from the [name_u]Wonder[/name_u] sibs’ nicknames! I personally really love [name_u]Gus[/name_u]! You could also do [name_f]Olive[/name_f] nn [name_f]Liv[/name_f]. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

To be honest, I think it’d be okay so I say leave the names as they are

1 Like

If I were you, I’d keep [name_u]August[/name_u] “Auggie” and I’d make [name_f]Liv[/name_f] the other character’s full name, instead of a nickname for [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]. [name_u]Or[/name_u] if you really want it to be a nickname, it could be short for something else, like [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f], [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u], etc.

1 Like

It took me a second to make the connection but I think it’s okay as long as [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is never called [name_f]Via[/name_f]. [name_f]Liv[/name_f] could also be short for something else - [name_f]Olive[/name_f], maybe, or there’s a name I love: [name_f]Liva[/name_f]. (Lee-vah). [name_f]Liv[/name_f] (leev) is also a standalone name in some places and I think that’s really pretty too.

1 Like