August on a girl? Opinions.

I’ve loved the name [name]August[/name] since I saw the movie “[name]August[/name] [name]Rush[/name]” but I know that the people who actually consider it a name consider it a boy’s name. Stuff like this for girls usually doesn’t bother me at all but I wanna know what people think. And before anyone says it I don’t like the name [name]Augusta[/name], just [name]August[/name]. I was also considering maybe making it a double-barrel first name to balance out the “boyish charm” of [name]August[/name] but that’s not decided yet. If I did do that I would still most of the time only use [name]August[/name] though, I was thinking maybe something like [name]August[/name] [name]Snow[/name]? Or would it be just fine by itself? Be as honest as you want. Let me know what you think please :slight_smile:

[name]August[/name] [name]Snow[/name] sounds like what you would name a fairy or pixie or even a My [name]Little[/name] Pony. It does not sound like a real name at all imo.

I prefer [name]August[/name] on a boy. It sounds too masculine for a girl. It is a month name so technically it’s unisex. I would do something like:
[name]August[/name] [name]Eliana[/name]
[name]August[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]August[/name] [name]Madeline[/name]
[name]August[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]

I wouldn’t use [name]Snow[/name], you want her to have a girl name, not another unisex name like [name]Snow[/name]. But this is just my opinion.

[name]August[/name] [name]Snow[/name] is waaaay too image specific/contradictory for me to want to endorse, I’m afraid…

But the right double barrel could maybe work? [name]August[/name] [name]Neve[/name] if you’re really attached to the idea of [name]August[/name] [name]Snow[/name]…to me that’s a lot more wearable. [name]Neve[/name] [name]August[/name] has better flow.

But personally I would do something more classically feminine, and maybe make [name]August[/name] the second part of the double barrel.
[name]Mary[/name], that classic double-barreled option is awesome - I really like [name]Mary[/name] [name]August[/name]!

[name]Anna[/name] [name]August[/name] is also cool. [name]August[/name] [name]Louise[/name]. [name]August[/name] [name]Rose[/name]/[name]Rose[/name] [name]August[/name]. [name]Eve[/name] [name]August[/name] / [name]August[/name] [name]Eve[/name]. That last one kind of touches on the idea of a summer night, which I think is pretty and more doable than [name]August[/name] [name]Snow[/name], if you’re really into word/images.

I would expect [name]August[/name] to be a boy. But it wouldn’t phase me on a girl. I suspect I’m in the NB minority, though.

I don’t honestly love the name on either, to be fair. But it’s a perfectly reasonable name to like, it’s just a style issue.

On a girl I would rather see the somewhat similar:
[name]Agatha[/name]
[name]Agnes[/name]
[name]Auden[/name] (maybe this is uni/boyish enough, if that’s the style you prefer?)
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]

I’m guessing [name]Augustina[/name] doesn’t appeal to you, much like [name]Augusta[/name]?

Good luck!

I like [name]August[/name] on a girl. If you can name your girl [name]November[/name], why not [name]August[/name]??? I think it is rather pretty. I would however have a different
middle than [name]Snow[/name] but that is just my opinion.

It’s too masculine for me but what about [name]Augustine[/name]? It’s strong but feminine.

[name]August[/name] isn’t the worse female name. I think it has it’s charms and can work with the right middle name. I prefer [name]Augusta[/name], but I can see the appeal for [name]August[/name]. [name]August[/name] snow doesn’t really sound nice to me though, it just sounds like snow in [name]August[/name]. I would like it as a middle name, that way you aren’t giving the name up but won’t get the gender confusion as a much.

While I would not personally use [name]August[/name] on a girl, when I used to really love this name on a boy, people who were not into names would always assume it was a girl name and this is why I took it off my list. So while it’s not for me, I think it can work for you.

[name]August[/name] [name]Snow[/name], sounds too word-y to me. What about…

[name]August[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]August[/name] [name]Fay[/name]/[name]Faye[/name]
[name]August[/name] [name]Gwendolen[/name]
[name]August[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]August[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]/[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]August[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]August[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name]
[name]August[/name] [name]Mirabelle[/name]/[name]Mirabel[/name]
[name]August[/name] [name]Serena[/name]
[name]August[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name]
[name]August[/name] [name]Kerensa[/name]
[name]August[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]/[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]August[/name] [name]Delilah[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] I helped! :slight_smile:

I know a little three year old girl [name]August[/name], it’s cute on her. I don’t like [name]August[/name] [name]Snow[/name] though, I agree that something decidedly feminine would be better than [name]Snow[/name].

agxobsessed: [name]LOVE[/name] [name]August[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name]

The middle name is going to end up being a family name so that’s locked down. So if I do choose a double first name it would have to be something short like [name]Snow[/name]. I really, really like [name]August[/name] [name]Mirabelle[/name], [name]August[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name], [name]August[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name], and [name]August[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name] though. I’m not too worried about the masculinity of [name]August[/name]. It doesn’t bother me and it doesn’t really feel like a super masculine name to me anyway. I really like the feel of [name]August[/name] [name]Snow[/name] but I do see where people are coming from… any more opinions or ideas?

If you really really need to use [name]Snow[/name], then you could break the ‘wordy’ names with a more traditional names.

[name]August[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Snow[/name]
[name]August[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Snow[/name] etc.

I really love [name]August[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Snow[/name] but I can’t do that since the middle name is already locked down. I can only pick a first name or a double-barrel first name but thx :slight_smile:

I think [name]August[/name] is a name that suits both genders. To me, it’s like the name [name]Taylor[/name]. I like [name]Taylor[/name] just as much on girls as on boys.

With that said, I would absolutely give a girl named [name]August[/name] a very feminine middle name. Like previous posters have said, [name]August[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name] is great! I would choose it without hesitation for you.

[name]August[/name] was my grandfather’s name and is totally masculine to me. I love [name]Augusta[/name] for a girl, but not [name]August[/name].

Me too, I love [name]Augusta[/name]!

[name]Augusta[/name] [name]Snow[/name] nn [name]August[/name] would be lovely!!

Surely a double barrelled first name is the same as a first and a middl name but just with a dash in the middle. Why can’t you jut have have two middles??? What is the middle name you’ve already chosen?I might be able to help more if I knew.

[name]August[/name] is actually a favorite of mine for boys. I think it could work for a girl since pretty much all other month names are used for girls examples of [name]March[/name], [name]April[/name], [name]May[/name]/[name]Mae[/name], [name]June[/name], Janurary.

I think it’s better suited for a boy though in my opinion. The nn [name]Gus[/name] and just it’s over all sound is more masculine than the other month names

Good luck with whatever you choose :slight_smile:

With great name options like [name]Augusta[/name], [name]Auguste[/name] and , [name]Augustine[/name] I think using [name]August[/name] for a girl is unnecessary. (This comes mostly from the fact that I really love [name]August[/name] for a boy and would hate for it to become unisex).

I haven’t decided which family name I’m going to use as a middle name yet. I started coming up with some double middle name ideas at first but it got ruled out. I’d love to choose a double middle name, but apparently a compound first name is okay but not two middle names??? [name]Do[/name] you think [name]August[/name]-[name]Emmeline[/name] would be too long as a first name? I’d only use [name]August[/name] most of the time…

I only like [name]August[/name], I don’t like any other variations of it at all :slight_smile: