____ Augusta?

I’d really like to use [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] as a middle name to honor my mom, and I wanted some feedback on my different first name options. Which of these do you like best?

Daphne [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] nn Daph
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] nn Fliss
[name_f]Sally[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] nn [name_f]Vivi[/name_f]

Thanks everyone!

I love [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] in terms of flow and sound. [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] is a favourite of mine but with [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] it’s heavy on the ‘S’ sound imo.

2 Likes

Giving opinion on all hope you don’t mind!

Daphne [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] - Totally a type of name I would pair together! I love it it’s my fav from the bunch!

Felicity [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] - Gives off a much more vintage vibe which I still love and the modern nn suits it well!

Sally [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] - Also very vintage though I dislike due to being a little too dated? Maybe [name_f]Sally[/name_f] as a nn for another name?

Iris [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] - Another lovely combo I feel this one pairs the best as it’s a short classics name with a more vintage long name

Vivian [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] this name I think it’s similar to [name_f]Iris[/name_f] in a sense it’s a classics timeless name with a more vintage one!!

1 Like

Thank you! I absolutely love the sound of [name_f]Sally[/name_f] and the flow with [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]. Or [name_f]Sally[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]. The only problem is that I don’t have a longer name I like to get [name_f]Sally[/name_f] as just a nickname. DS is [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] but often called [name_u]Ollie[/name_u], so I wondered if it would work to give a sister a nickname name.

Sally [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] honestly makes the pairing more to my liking in terms of style! [name_u]Ollie[/name_u] and [name_f]Sally[/name_f] go well together! I really like [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] together and also [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] and [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]!

You have a strong batch I think if I were in your predicament I would play around with saying them irl ! Beautiful name taste btw have you considers a more boyish nn name for your daughter? Example being [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] as a nn name but maybe that’s too similar to [name_u]Ollie[/name_u] ? Here to help so do tell me what you think

1 Like

All fine.

1 Like

I like [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] the best.

1 Like

Vivian or [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] are my faves with [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]. [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] feels more academic and in line with (imo) the serious [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] while [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] lends a more playful touch

1 Like

I have ([name_f]Mabel[/name_f]) [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] on my list, so I’m partial to [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]! I think there’s a certain crispness to it, which I’m very fond of (and especially if it’s paired with another rounder/warmer/vintage-y name). I also like [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] (but prefer Daphie to Daph) and [name_f]Sally[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f].

1 Like

Top two: [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] and [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]

Iris and [name_f]Sally[/name_f] don’t measure up to [name_f]Augusta[/name_f].

1 Like

I really like [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]! I think the names really suit each other!

1 Like

Daphne [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] is my favorite from your list

First thing that came to mind was [name_f]Temperance[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]

1 Like

Vivian [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] is my favourite, it flows very well and [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] is beautiful.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] and [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]!

Juno [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]
[name_f]Melanie[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]
[name_u]Willow[/name_u] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]
[name_u]Julie[/name_u] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]

1 Like

Vivian [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] is striking and aristocratic. It’s a name that commands respect imo.

1 Like

Hi there.

Augusta is a cool mn. [name_u]Strong[/name_u] & vintage & a little bit mystical sounding in some ways.

Here are my thoughts on the fns:

Daphne [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]-That’s lovely. [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] is friendly & sweet. Well known but not too common.

Felicity [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]-I don’t think that this flows all that well as a fn/mn combo, but I do love [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]. It’s so cheerful & has great vintage charm.

Sally [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]-[name_f]Sally[/name_f] is darling. It’s old fashioned & simple & friendly. I think you have such a cheerful style.

Iris [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]-Hm. I don’t mind the combo, but I’m just not into [name_f]Iris[/name_f]. I don’t know why, but it just sounds screechy to me. I’m in the minority. Most people seem to like it.

Vivian [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]-That’s such a smart elegant lovely combo.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mabel [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] is beautiful as well!

Daphne [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]!

1 Like

I like [name_f]Sally[/name_f] and [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]!

1 Like

Hmm…

Daphne [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] is a kooky retro choice that has been growing on me. I think [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] works well with [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] feels very vogue.

Felicity [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] is such a charming virtue name with a sweet sound. I love the nicknames in association with [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]. It’s a great choice and sounds pretty with [name_f]Augusta[/name_f].

Sally [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Sally[/name_f] is a surprising vintage name that I think is endearing. I’m not a massive fan of [name_f]Sally[/name_f] with [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] sounds prettier.

Iris [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] ~ I love [name_f]Iris[/name_f] it’s a lovely botanical choice with the sweet meaning rainbow I genuinely love [name_f]Iris[/name_f]. But I think with [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] it feels very ‘s’ heavy the flow is off.

Vivian [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] ~ [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] is a charming elegant name with a very sassy elegant vibe. I love the nickname [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] it’s just so effortless. I love [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]

1 Like