Augustine

We’re really starting to love [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] if this next baby is a boy. We speak Czech and [name_f]English[/name_f] at home and spend time in both the Czech Republic and the US (currently living in CZ, but will probably be back in the US soon, so this little one will most likely grow up Stateside).

We already have [name_f]Mariel[/name_f], [name_f]Cora[/name_f], and [name_m]Nikolai[/name_m], which work well as livable names in Europe and the US. We might go with the Czech spelling, [name_m]Augustín[/name_m] (pronounced the same as [name_u]Augustine[/name_u], with the long ee at the end. I know that will be tougher in the US, but I’m okay with that so that he’ll have the Czech connection).

I don’t love the nicknames [name_m]Auggie[/name_m] or [name_u]Gus[/name_u], but I think we’d mostly use the full [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] (and not the end of the world if people call him by those names). Czech nicknames might be [name_f]Gusta[/name_f], Gustík, Gustin, or Augustinek. Any other nickname ideas?

Any middle name suggestions (or first name with [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] as a middle name)? So far we like:

[name_u]Blaise[/name_u] [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] or [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] [name_u]Blaise[/name_u]
[name_u]Augustine[/name_u] [name_m]Matthias[/name_m]

3 Likes

I really like [name_u]Augustine[/name_u]! Could [name_m]Tino[/name_m] be a nickname? Stretchy, but could work if you don’t like auggie or gus.

[name_u]Augustine[/name_u] [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] sounds cool! Other ideas

[name_u]Augustine[/name_u] Marek/Merrick
[name_u]Augustine[/name_u] [name_m]Cash[/name_m]
[name_u]Augustine[/name_u] [name_u]Mack[/name_u]
[name_u]Augustine[/name_u] [name_u]Axel[/name_u]
[name_u]Augustine[/name_u] [name_u]Clyde[/name_u]
[name_u]Augustine[/name_u] [name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_u]Augustine[/name_u] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_u]Augustine[/name_u] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u]
[name_u]Augustine[/name_u] [name_m]Lelio[/name_m]

1 Like

I adore both these options!!! The only other nickname I can think of is August :blush:

[name_u]Augustine[/name_u] [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] is so charming!! I enjoy @AerieEerie’s suggestion of [name_m]Tino[/name_m]. [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] could maybe have the nickname [name_u]Asa[/name_u] or [name_u]Ace[/name_u]? Especially with middle [name_u]Blaise[/name_u]? [name_u]Or[/name_u] maybe [name_u]Ozzie[/name_u]?

[name_u]Augustine[/name_u] [name_u]Judah[/name_u] “AJ”
[name_u]Augustine[/name_u] Remy/Remi “Ary”/“Ari”
[name_u]Augustine[/name_u] [name_u]Percy[/name_u]
[name_u]Augustine[/name_u] [name_m]Malachi[/name_m]
[name_u]Augustine[/name_u] [name_m]Marius[/name_m]
[name_u]Augustine[/name_u] [name_m]Casimir[/name_m]
[name_u]Augustine[/name_u] [name_m]Magnus[/name_m]
[name_u]Augustine[/name_u] [name_u]Henry[/name_u]
[name_u]Augustine[/name_u] [name_m]Lyall[/name_m]

1 Like

[name_m]Tino[/name_m] is a great nickname! Wonderful middle name suggestions too. I like the very old feel of [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] paired with more modern middles! Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks! I’m glad those options sit well. I really love them :slight_smile: I do love the name [name_u]August[/name_u] too (oddly enough, I prefer [name_u]August[/name_u] alone on a girl, lol).

[name_u]Asa[/name_u] and [name_u]Ace[/name_u] are great, as well as AJ and [name_u]Ari[/name_u] with [name_u]Remy[/name_u] (I really like that suggestion)! Also made me think that with [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] [name_u]Blaise[/name_u], the nickname [name_m]Abe[/name_m] could work (not sure I love it, but it could work).

Great middle name suggestions! Especially love the heavy-hitters like “Malachi, [name_m]Marius[/name_m], [name_m]Casimir[/name_m], Magnus” :slight_smile: Thank you!

2 Likes

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] name. [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Matthias[/name_m] too.

1 Like