Augustus / Augustin / Augustine ?

What do you think of the names [name]Augustus[/name] / [name]Augustine[/name] / [name]Augustin[/name] ? Which do you prefer?
Nickname would probably be [name]Gus[/name].

[name]Do[/name] these go okay with a sister named [name]Leonora[/name]?

Brother and sister name ideas welcome! Thank you :slight_smile:

Middle would probably be [name]David[/name].

With [name]Leonora[/name], I much prefer [name]Augustus[/name]. [name]Augustine[/name] makes me (former Catholic school kid) think [name]Saint[/name], first. [name]Augustin[/name] has the same problem for me. Simple [name]August[/name] would be stellar with fancy sister [name]Leonora[/name], imho but since that’s not one of your options, that thought is neither here nor there.

[name]Leonora[/name] & [name]Augustus[/name] just seem perfect together! (I met an 8 mo. old [name]Augustus[/name] in the supermarket the other day, so awesome to meet one finally!)

Other ideas of names I would use for a brother to [name]Leonora[/name]:

[name]Leander[/name] (if you don’t mind 2 ‘L’ names)
[name]Raphael[/name] - has equal strength & pizazz as [name]Leonora[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name] - similar strength again, but little pizazz!
[name]Oliver[/name] - spunky & manly.
[name]Barnaby[/name] - similar flair to [name]Leonora[/name].

[name]Just[/name] a few as they occurred to me.

[name]Hope[/name] that helps some!

[name]Augustus[/name] nn [name]Gus[/name] all the way!! [name]Augustine[/name] definitely makes me think of a church and [name]Augustin[/name] sounds strangely incomplete.

[name]Augustus[/name] and [name]Leonora[/name] sound beautiful together. [name]Love[/name] it!

[name]Hi[/name] Elowen, I agree with the other two posters that [name]Augustus[/name] is the best match for [name]Leanora[/name]. [name]Both[/name] have a majestic feel to them. [name]Augustus[/name] [name]David[/name] also flows better than [name]Augustine[/name] [name]David[/name] ! Best wishes!

Oh, I adore [name]Augustus[/name] and [name]Leonora[/name]! Fabulous choice. I think [name]Augustus[/name] would be my top pick either way, but I feel it is the best pairing with [name]Leonora[/name]. [name]Augustin[/name] would be a very close second for me.

I’m glad you like [name]Augustus[/name] best, as it appears to be the front runner. The SO has informed me it’s a family name, which makes it so special.

I love your suggestions of [name]Raphael[/name], [name]Arthur[/name] and [name]Barnaby[/name]. [name]Arthur[/name] is a top contender as it’s SO’s grandfather’s name.

Thank you so much, will consider all of this.

Thank you so much all! I am glad you all prefer [name]Augustus[/name], and like it with [name]Leonora[/name] :slight_smile:

This is good news!

Huzzah for [name]Arthur[/name], [name]Raphael[/name] & [name]Barnaby[/name]! :slight_smile: [name]Arthur[/name]'s one of my faves, and it’s a family name for me. I just adore [name]Artie[/name] on a kid, too. [name]Barnaby[/name]'s in my top 3, and he gets so little love on the boards.
So glad [name]Augustus[/name] is working for you on a few levels. I think it’s the absolutely perfect choice for you! Good luck!

Thank you so much :slight_smile: I am really loving [name]Augustus[/name] at the moment. I’m hoping that by the time I get to use it I won’t chicken out. I think [name]Augustus[/name] and [name]Leonora[/name] sound a lot better than [name]John[/name] and [name]Leonora[/name] in terms of stylistic matching.