Aurelia or Lavinia?

Well, she’s got to be something other than “the baby”…
We want to use [name_f]Angela[/name_f] as a middle name, and was wondering which one went better (I know neither flows that well, but flow isn’t our top priority), but would another mn fix the flow? [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Angela[/name_f]/[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f] [name_f]Angela[/name_f], etc.

[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]'s recent (agressive) upward trend worries me, though. My name is [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], which was uncommon when I was born, not so much now, and I can’t help but feel all the little girls stole my name (just kidding). But almost every one in my family gets named an unusual name, only to have it peak ten, twenty years later, (except aunt [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], haha) and I’d love it if it didn’t happen to bump (yes, we are still calling her that.)

What kind of “vibe” do the names give you? Which one would you let into uni/hire based on names alone? (DH says [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] seems more “trustworthy”?)

I personally like [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] more. [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] is a cool name but it’s very… “big”.
But, and again this is just me personally, I don’t like first and middle name’s that end the same -a, -en, etc.

I think [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Angela[/name_f] flows just a bit better. I really like both names, though. A second middle could fix that flow issue, but honestly I don’t think it’s bad, definitely not bad enough to need correction. [name_f]Honor[/name_f] trumps imperfect flow, in my opinion (assuming [name_f]Angela[/name_f] is an honor name).

Regarding the popularity of [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] - I don’t ever see this being a Top 10 name, at least not in the US. I think it’s a little too off-beat, the pronunciation isn’t completely obvious, and there aren’t any recent and familiar pop culture icons, literary heroes, or loved public figures with the name. Maybe if Lady Gaga made a song called “[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f],” or a new best seller had a protagonist with the name, but otherwise, I can’t see it higher than Top 100, and that’s pushing it.

[name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] is a STUNNING name! I think it outshines [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] at every turn, and I like the name [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] very much. If you aren’t overly concerned with flow, then it’s fine [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] [name_f]Angela[/name_f] doesn’t flow like wine and water. I think [name_f]Angela[/name_f] is a beautiful name, as well, and I love the look of both names together on paper. I really like [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Angela[/name_f], it’s beautiful.

[name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] is an uppercrust name that sounds very proper. I’d hire [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f]. She sounds [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] league. [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] is similar, but less direct, innocent in a Disney princess sort of way.

I think [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] will continue to climb the charts, as parents grow tired of [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] and opt for names like [name_f]Arabella[/name_f], [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]. [name_u]Ariel[/name_u] is also climbing. It may not get to the top 100, but you never know. Game of Thrones has made [name_u]Arya[/name_u] and [name_f]Aria[/name_f] skyrocket, and they aren’t that far from [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]!

Something besides [name_f]Angela[/name_f]?

[name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] [name_f]Angelina[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] [name_f]Angelica[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] [name_u]Angel[/name_u]
[name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] [name_f]Solange[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] Fleurange

[name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] is my favorite.

[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] by a mile. [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] makes me think of lavatories aka bathrooms.

I love [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] much better. I think [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] [name_f]Angela[/name_f] sounds fine and works better than [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Angela[/name_f]. I love the sound of [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Angela[/name_f].

Personally, I prefer [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], though the combination of [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Angelia[/name_f].

When I hear the name of [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], I think of a strong, beautiful and intelligent young lady whereas the only thing I think of when I hear the name [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] is [name_f]Livinia[/name_f] [name_m]Nixon[/name_m] who is a TV presenter here in Australia.

Definitely [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]

I’m going to vote [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] because it is easier to pronounce than [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]. [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] is adorable, and sounds great with the middles [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Angela[/name_f]. And I don’t think [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] will have that surge in popularity.

[name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] is beautiful. A wonderful classic with several gorgeous nicknames ([name_u]Vinnie[/name_u], Lavi, [name_f]Nia[/name_f], etc.). It is well known, but underused (and I think it is going to stay that way). You won’t be getting anyone asking ‘could you say that again?’ or for the spelling. I think [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] is a lovely choice that you really cannot go wrong with. [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Angela[/name_f] is a beautiful combination too.

I prefer [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], but they’re both lovely.

Another preference for [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f]. It doesn’t flow well with [name_f]Angela[/name_f], but you’ll only be saying it together when she’s getting into trouble. :smiley:

I prefer [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]. I don’t even know why, but I have such a negative reaction to/connotation with the name [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f]. It must of been some character I read of that I hated or something, it’s floating around in the back of my mind but I’ve forgotten. Of course this has nothing to do with anything, for some reason I really dislike this name. I also really love [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]. I don’t think a huge surge in popularity will be an issue with this one honestly. It’s a bit too quirky and offbeat to get too especially popular, at least I think so.

[name_f]Lavinia[/name_f]! I think it’s gorgeous, and it has so much history. It’s easy to spell and pronounce. [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]'s lovely too but I think there would be more pronunciation and spelling issues!

I prefer [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]. I like [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f]. [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] has a glamourous vibe to it and based on names alone I would be more likely to hire [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]. I agree with your husband.

Bookworm alert.
Maybe the mean girl from A [name_m]Little[/name_m] [name_f]Princess[/name_f]? Or [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] from [name_m]Titus[/name_m] Andronicus, who was violated and mutilated by [name_f]Tamora[/name_f]'s sons and subsequently killed by her father?
Or [name_f]Livinia[/name_f] [name_m]Nixon[/name_m].