Aurelia vs Aurora

I think both are gorgeous and I think [name_u]Rory[/name_u] would work potentially as a nickname for both so what name do you prefer? Middle names would be [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Laura[/name_f]/[name_f]Lauren[/name_f]

This a potential sister to [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] which is all hypothetical because I’m currently TTC for my first. Brother would be [name_m]Malachi[/name_m].

Thank you

[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] all the way! [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] has too many “r” sounds for me! [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] is also slightly less popular I believe.

2 Likes

I really like both of them, but I’m not a fan of ‘[name_u]Rory[/name_u]’.

I think that, given the middle names, [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] might flow a little better. It also means ‘golden’, which could be a nod to [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] having ‘[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]’ in her name.

I love [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], it’s on the top of my list for a girl. [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] would create such an adorable, magical, colorful and whimsical sibset! :two_hearts::hibiscus: :rainbow:
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] are very similar, but for some reason, I never cared about [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]. [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] would be beautiful, though!

[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] 100%. I’ve never cared much for [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], but [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] is so elegant and magical.

[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]!! I love the sounds and the meanings and i find it much easier to say

I find [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] more pleasant to my ear, but I actually know a lot of people who have difficulty saying this name- my sister who has a speech impediment really struggles with this one.

[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] doesn’t seem to have that problem. Sometimes people aren’t 100% sure on the pronunciation but once they’ve heard it, I’ve never seen anyone get tongue tied over the name.
For that reason alone I lean toward [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f].

They’re both such pretty names! I’ve always wanted to love [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], but sadly, I find it quite tongue-twister-y to say. For mostly that reason, I’d go with [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]. A bonus for me would be the possible nickname [name_f]Goldie[/name_f]!

1 Like

I think [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] is my favourite! I feel like [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] comes out a little clumsily when I say it.

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Another vote for [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]. It’s has such a nice flow to say. [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is tricky…a lot of close together 'r’s. They’re both pretty, & I love the nature connection w/[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]. And the nn [name_u]Rory[/name_u] makes more sense there if you’re set on that nn. Otherwise, [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]! [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] is far less common too (for now, anyway), & goes beautifully w/[name_f]Primrose[/name_f] or [name_m]Malachi[/name_m].

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

Hmm…I like both.

I see nothing wrong with [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], although it kind of reminds me of the princess.
I rarely hear the name [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], but it sounds refreshing and rolls off the tongue.

Another name is [name_f]Elora[/name_f], which can also be spelled [name_f]Alora[/name_f] or Alaura. You could still use [name_u]Rory[/name_u] as a nickname, along with [name_f]Lory[/name_f] or [name_u]Laurie[/name_u]. (pronounced the same) [name_f]My[/name_f] mother in law is named [name_u]Laurie[/name_u], and I think it is a pretty name. [name_m]Just[/name_m] a thought, I still like [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f].

Good luck!

This is a tough choice. For me [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] just edges it, but I I think both are beautiful.

Another vote for [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]! I’ve actually never found [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] difficult to say but I can absolutely see why others do. I think they’re both wonderful but [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] feels slightly trendier right now compared to [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] which is so unique. Because of that, I prefer the similarly unique [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f].

Between [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] I prefer [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]. I find the nickname [name_u]Rory[/name_u] perfect for [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] but I don’t really see any connection to [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f].
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] sound stunning together, very classic and princessy-sounding.
I would go with [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] as a sister for [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]. I would not use [name_f]Laura[/name_f] because it sounds repetitive/too similar to [name_f]Aurora[/name_f].

[quote=“[name_f]Estrela[/name_f], post:4, topic:338812”]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] are very similar, but for some reason, I never cared about [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]. [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] would be beautiful, though!
[/quote]

I agree with every word here.

I do prefer [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] to [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], and I love [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] & [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] together! But I have to admit that [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Laura[/name_f]/en sounds just a bit better as a whole.

1 Like

[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] is my fave.

I think [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] is poor man’s [name_f]Aurora[/name_f].
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] is pretty and all, but it mostly pops up as “I prefer [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] to [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]”, “if you can’t use [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], what about [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] instead”.
Also, I don’t pronounce it as O-reel-ya, but rather as Aw-RELL-ia, which makes it even prettier. Still, [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is much more streamlined.

I guess if you have speech issues, you might find [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] troublesome, but if you can pronounce [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], I really don’t see issues. Also to notice, I noticed people who claim [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]’s hard pronounce also are either American or Australian, so I guess it’s matter of perspective of accents? After all, Au in [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] might be what giving people headache, it’s not Oh sound.

to me, dawn meaning and mythological connections makes this name really shine. [name_m]Gold[/name_m] meaning in [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]? [name_f]Cressida[/name_f], Zlata are ones I prefer to [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f].

Lastly, [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is princess, while [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] isn’t.

[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is pretty, but too hard to pronounce for some people

[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] is my favourite out of the two but both are gorgeous choices!