Aurora Vs Monroe

• Aurora
  • Monroe

0 voters

Which one do you prefer and why?

I voted for [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] because I like both and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is a bit difficult for me to say.

4 Likes

I prefer [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] on a boy, so [name_f]Aurora[/name_f].

3 Likes

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is very pretty but I think it’d be too hard for most kids to say. Most children I know couldn’t pronounce R until they turned 5 years old. [name_f]My[/name_f] little brother couldn’t say it till he turned 6.

1 Like

Aurora because I think the northern lights and southern lights are very beautiful. I also like that [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] was the [name_m]Roman[/name_m] goddess of dawn.

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] on paper but prefer the sound of [name_u]Monroe[/name_u].

1 Like

Monroe also has a ‘r’ :wink: but I agree that [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is hard to pronounce.

1 Like

I like both but I enjoy the sparky, glamourous feel of [name_u]Monroe[/name_u]

1 Like

Wow, can’t get much more different than these two!

I strongly prefer [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] (or [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], which I like even more) because it will work if she turns out to be a girly-girl and if she wants a more unisex name she could go by [name_u]Rory[/name_u].

With [name_u]Monroe[/name_u], the only options seem to me to be [name_u]Mo[/name_u] or [name_f]Ro[/name_f] and that wouldn’t offer much to a little girl who wishes she had been named [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] or [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u].

Not sure if [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] is a family name. Maybe [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] as a combo?

On its own though, [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] seems a bit stiff and institutionalized for any gender.

1 Like

Oh, I get it. Maybe [name_f]Marilyn[/name_f] [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] tribute? I think to a younger generation than mine that might be what pops to mind first with [name_u]Monroe[/name_u]. To me it sounds like a president or the name of a government building. Different associations.

1 Like

I find [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] prettier, but it’s difficult for me to pronounce with its double Rs.

1 Like

No! You can’t make me choose but as a first name probably [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]!

1 Like

Both are nice, but I adore [name_u]Monroe[/name_u]. She gets my vote

1 Like

I’ve personally grown tired of [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] :confused: I know a few and I feel like I see it so often on Nameberry now :sweat_smile: [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] is super spunky and cute! [name_u]Love[/name_u] it :slight_smile:

Monroe seems more sophisticated, universal, and has the [name_f]Marilyn[/name_f] association.

Aurora is definitely a feminine name with the Disney association. It’s also more difficult to pronounce.

Both are good but [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] is better in my opinion.