Australian question- Milo

Not sure if this applies to any other countries…
Given the chocolate drink, do you think that naming my son [name]Milo[/name] would be inappropriate? [name]Do[/name] you think it would lead to a lot of teasing?
I know a lot of people very much associate the name with the drink… but i can’t help but love it as a name!!
I’d love to hear your thoughts :slight_smile:

If you live in Australia, yes. Teasing would be inevitable. The ‘my mum gives me milo to go and go and go!’ would follow him around every minute of his primary school life. He would need to be the king of cool to pull it off living there. I’m from Aus, so trust me :slight_smile: It’s a shame though. Such a handsome name…

• [name]Charlie[/name]

Actually I disagree with [name]Charlie[/name] (sorry!) I live in Australia too and have a friend named [name]Milo[/name] who has never been teased about his name. He isn’t super cool, just a nice, normal guy and he likes his name. I think if you love it, you should use it. :slight_smile:

I don’t think teasing would be an issue, kids hardly ever get teased for their names anymore, it’s about how they look now and that truly is awful, but everyone will get teased at some point. I don’t think [name]Milo[/name] would cause a teasing problem, at all. Here in [name]America[/name] we have quite a few little [name]Milo[/name]'s running around and we also have “[name]Milo[/name]'s Sweet [name]Tea[/name]”, but it has never caused a problem to my knowledge.

I’m from Australia, and I wouldn’t use it given the [name]Milo[/name] drink. I disagree with the pp, I think kids are still teased about their names these days. If it makes you feel any better, I’m in love with the name [name]Ajax[/name], but I can so see a kid with that name being teased - “say thank you [name]Ajax[/name] spray and wipe”. I personally wouldn’t use it.

As an Aussie I have to agree [name]Milo[/name] is OUT, however [name]Miles[/name] is not (my son’s name) and no one has ever mentioned [name]Milo[/name] to him so stick to [name]Miles[/name] and you will be fine.