Ava or Eva?

• Ava
  • Eva

0 voters

Ava pronounced A-vuh and [name_f]Eva[/name_f] pronounced ee-vuh. Which do you prefer and why?

1 Like

Eva. I feel like I hear [name_f]Ava[/name_f] everywhere these days. Plus, [name_f]Eva[/name_f] sounds like a timeless classic to me.

1 Like

Hi there.

I like [name_f]Ava[/name_f]. I think it sounds sort of glamorous. [name_f]Eva[/name_f] is fine, but just sound more serious. I’m not sure why. [name_f]Ava[/name_f] is really popular in itself, but basically half the kids I meet have some kind of ‘Ev’ name.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

I do love the nickname [name_f]Evie[/name_f]! Also [name_f]Avie[/name_f]!

Eva is one of my absolute favourite names!

I love the sweet [name_f]Eva[/name_f]

Eva has this cool nighttime imagery for me, while [name_f]Ava[/name_f] feels a little brighter.

(I’m a weird person so I went with the night lol)

1 Like

Ava even though it’s so popular

Eva, [name_f]Eva[/name_f], [name_f]Eva[/name_f]! I like the glamor of [name_f]Ava[/name_f] but LOVE the timelessness and sweetness of [name_f]Eva[/name_f]. There are very few names (2! lol) I would pick over [name_f]Eva[/name_f], if given the chance. I adore her so very much! I love her meaning, the tie to [name_f]Eve[/name_f], the hint of old soul, how [name_f]Eva[/name_f] sounds when I say it… [name_f]Eva[/name_f] is one of the few names that I get literally GIDDY over. :heart:

As an eva(pronounced as ava), I prefer ava. [name_f]Eva[/name_f](ee-va) never fully seemed like a proper name to me if that makes sense. If eva is pronounced like ava, its very rarely pronounced correctly(speaking from experience here). [name_f]Ava[/name_f] may be an overused name but eva isn’t a super pretty name either imo. It really depends on personal preference, for me, it’s neither but ava is better.

Eva is definitely my favourite! I chose it as my Nameberry name because I liked it so much! I think it sounds more sophisticated and grown up than [name_f]Ava[/name_f] but can also work on a child/baby!