Ava: Real life experience?

I’m from [name_f]Canada[/name_f] and I’ve met a couple of Avas, but the youngest is about 5-6! One of them was the only [name_f]Ava[/name_f] in her school at the time I knew her (she’s about 12 now, but was 4 when I worked with her!). I work with kids and haven’t met an [name_f]Emma[/name_f] or [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] under the age of 12, yet they’ve been the top 2 names here for almost a decade.

For perspective, I know more Eleanors than Avas and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] isn’t in our top 20 baby names (the max. released for my province).

I’m in my late 20s, live in northern [name_f]England[/name_f], and have two kids so am always at kids parties and playgrounds. I know quite a few [name_f]Ava[/name_f]’s in passing. The oldest is around 11 and the youngest is 1. It is a very popular name around where I live and I would say is the second most common after [name_f]Olivia[/name_f].

I’m in the US and while I’m sure I’ve heard the name randomly at the grocery store or on the playground, the only two people named [name_f]Ava[/name_f] that I can recall are the daughter of an ex-coworker (who would be about 12 now) and the daughter of a relative (who’s 3 or 4). So while I’ve heard it, it’s not super common in my area or circles to where I’m constantly running into kids with the name.

i hate my name because its so different. people always pronounce it wrong btw my name is not really ivy black

I’m in [name_f]Canada[/name_f], and I know maybe 3 Avas of varying ages! One is 6, one is 13 and one is about 10?

I quite like the name, actually! I can’t say if any of them liked the popularity of their name, because I met all of these Avas several years ago, two when I taught them during co-op placements with school - they were 1.5 years & 4 years, and the other is the daughter of my dad’s co-worker.

I feel the same about [name_f]Emma[/name_f] - it’s the number 1 name in my province and has been for years, but the only Emmas I know are over the age of 12 - most of them are from my generation (mid 1990s)!

I’m from the UK, I know 2 Avas, one is my friends older sister, who turned 18 this year and the other is a 9 year old that goes to school with my cousin. Its a super cute name but I feel like it’ll be overwhelming, especially with younger kids (around 6, 7, 8)

if you wouldn’t mind me asking, what is your name? I love different, unique names and I like collecting (I write stories)

I know 2, one who’s 12 and one who’s 4/5.

When I lived in [name_u]Jersey[/name_u], there were [name_f]Ava[/name_f]’s everywhere, probably all in their teens now. Now that I moved to Pennsylvania, I think I know one here under 10.

er are u sure? i dont really like it but my name is saranshi

I’ve met a few directly (a friend’s niece, my neighbor’s daughter, a girl in the youth group I volunteered for) as well as some indirectly or briefly (sign in sheets, registrations, daycare pickup, etc.). I work for a nonprofit for children and I’ve volunteered with children services, so I’m with children a lot and I hear it pretty frequently from parents in passing. It’s apparently pretty popular here (Ohio), but it doesn’t seem to be at the same level of [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] (I’ve met 15 directly), [name_f]Emma[/name_f] (12), [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] (11), or [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] (9), so I think it’s okay.

In short: it’s relatively popular, but there’s still many names that are far more popular, so it’s not as popular as it may seem.

I grew up with an [name_f]Ava[/name_f] down the block from me. She’s probably 23 now.

I have a distant cousin who is a freshman in college named [name_f]Ava[/name_f].

I also student taught for a class who are now high school seniors. In that class, there were 2 or 3 [name_f]Ava[/name_f]’s.

I don’t know their personal opinions on their names. But I was born when my name was ranked #3, like [name_f]Ava[/name_f] is now at a time when more people were given the top ranked names. I only knew 1 other girl with my name until college. It wasn’t until I got into names that I learned how popular my name was. That’s why popularity doesn’t really phase me. The ranking in my state was similar to the country.

I’m in the US and I’ve met, or know of, several, at least 10. All babies or young kids. I really can’t speak to their opinion of their own name. But my opinion is that it’s popular, short, and sweet. It doesn’t stand out to me. But if that’s more in-line with someone’s style, I think it’s a great name.

My cousin.

I teach middle school and have only met one [name_f]Ava[/name_f] in my life. Very interesting since it was a top 5 name for the years my students were born.

Most of my kids seem to have names that ranked in the 20s or 30s the years they were born rather than top 10.

(US)

I’m in [name_f]Canada[/name_f] and I’ve met 5-6 Avas. All are around my age, so early 20s. No clue how any of the Avas felt about their name but it did really fit all of them, like I couldn’t see any of them as anything other than an [name_f]Ava[/name_f] if that makes sense lol.

I love love the name [name_f]Ava[/name_f] I know two avas one of the is a great friend and one of them I have an issue with but I still think it’s a beautiful name :heart::heart::heart:

I am from [name_f]Canada[/name_f] and I know 2 [name_f]Ava[/name_f]’s; one is about 11 and the other in her late teens. I don’t know either of them very closely, but they are both very sweet girls. I’m not sure if they mind it’s popularity.

Oh my goodness! thats beautiful!