Ava & Sophia?

I’ve gone back and forth on [name_f]Ava[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] for a while now, never quite settling on whether or not I’d really use them. I love how simplistic and sweet they sound, and they both feel pretty versatile to me, I can picture a wide number of personalities with the names (which is a huge thing for me criteria wise - I love names that can be shouted at the hockey rink or cheered on a pageant stage, as my SO puts it).

I’m not too bothered by being “over used” as I work with kids and a lot of names that are popular in the US and even [name_f]Canada[/name_f], aren’t actually heard that often in our area. I’ve personally only met one of each, both considerably older than any children I’ll have (not expecting/trying for a few years).

What are your thoughts on [name_f]Ava[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]?
[name_f]Do[/name_f] they fit with the other names on our list ([name_f]Mia[/name_f], [name_f]Abigail[/name_f], [name_f]Emily[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_u]Madison[/name_u], [name_f]Zoey[/name_f], [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_f]Savannah[/name_f], [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u], [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u], [name_u]Addyson[/name_u], [name_u]Sydney[/name_u], [name_u]Logan[/name_u])?

Surname begins with D and is two syllables - relatively common as a surname.

Thank you!

I really like both [name_f]Ava[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]. [name_f]Ava[/name_f] makes me think [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_u]Gardner[/name_u], and old school Hollywood glamour. [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] has a great meaning and a sweet yet mature sound; I’m not surprised it’s so popular because it is really pretty and versatile.

I think [name_f]Ava[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] work best with the first eight names on your list, which are more on the traditional side and less unisex than the last five. But there’s no reason why any of those couldn’t work together.

I think [name_f]Ava[/name_f] & [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] are beautiful.

[name_f]Ava[/name_f] is a gorgeous name with an old school Hollywood glamour vibe just a really beautiful name. It’s timeless and sophisticated.

[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] a sweet understated choice with the lovely meaning ‘wisdom’ it’s just a great choice.

I think teaming both names with an unusual classic middle name would be the way forward.

[name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]

[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Colette[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helped

I think [name_f]Ava[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] are both beautiful names and they definitely fit with your list so far (and they’d be my favorites overall)! Both are timeless, I don’t think I have a preference.

I love the name [name_f]Ava[/name_f]! [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] is nice as well. I think both fit really well with your list. They’re sweet and full of personality, plus timeless. I definitely think they would fit any personality, which I see the appeal of.

Thanks everyone! I’m glad [name_f]Ava[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] seem like good fits for my list!

[name_f]Ava[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] fit well on your list! I really like [name_f]Ava[/name_f]