Ava?

I really love this name, but my family hate it. In the UK it’s a little outdated, I know; but I think it sounds pretty. It also goes well with our last name, [name]Randall[/name].

I have three children called [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Grace[/name], [name]Megan[/name] [name]Emily[/name] and [name]Adam[/name] [name]Isaac[/name] [name]Ben[/name], and I think [name]Ava[/name] goes well with those names.

What do you think? Also, I haven’t given any thought to a middle name whatsoever!

I wouldn’t say it’s outdated in the UK. Far from it in fact. Thanks to the Hollywood [name]Ava[/name] boom, [name]Ava[/name] has jumped from #214 in 2001 to #21 in 2008 in [name]England[/name] and [name]Wales[/name]. I’ve already met a few young Avas.

I think because it is a hip “up-and-comer” those people who are not ‘really into’ current name trends (which is half the population! Usually mother-in-laws) will still see the ‘older’ side. I wouldn’t let that deter you though. Some people see [name]Ruby[/name] like that and that’s #2! Sometimes its best not to share name choices with family, as they aren’t always that name savvy (often erring on the uber-trendy or very traditional sides) and tend to put a downer on your choices.

What I would say is watch out because it is going to become more popular (if that bothers you or not). It does go well with [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Megan[/name] and [name]Adam[/name].

I second what [name]Elea[/name] says. I think it’s lovely, but it’s definitely getting more popular in the UK and I think will be Top 10 before long. If that isn’t a problem for you, then I think it is lovely and I agree that it goes really well with your other names.

[name]Ava[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Ava[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Ava[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Ava[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Ava[/name] [name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Ava[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Ava[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Ava[/name], it is one of my favorites. I only hesitate to use it here in the U.S. because it is SO darn popular here. I don’t see it as dated at all. I see it as a classic Hollywood glamour name.

My thoughts exactly [name]Ava[/name] is my [name]LOVE[/name]. However, because I love it so much I wouldn’t care if it was No 1. It has glamour and femininity, class, everything you could ask for in a name.

[name]Jill[/name]'s [name]Ava[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] combo is my favourite.

I agree!