AvaElizabeth as a middle name?

Want a pretty & elegant name that’s a bit different so thinking… AvaElizabeth as a middle name. A bit unique together but not as out there as Alexandrianna or Jovielle (also were on the list of considerations for a middle name. So scoring the name 1 - 10, (10 being the highest score for super nice name)…what would you score it?

1 Like

I would score it as a 3. Both names are pretty but that looks like a typo to me. Another problem I have with it is that [name_f]Ava[/name_f] ends in A and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] starts with A, so it’s a bit repetitive. [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] would work much better or putting a hyphen between the names.

1 Like
  1. Love each of the names but the child would spend their whole life with people thinking it’s a typo.
2 Likes

The problem with hyphens is that they cause problems…apparently computer systems often don’t understand them. If I eliminate the hyphen then they are two separate names and that doesn’t work well for us either (as a tribute to both grandmothers)

Actually in [name_f]Alberta[/name_f] the health card only allows for 12 letters for the 1st name and 12 for the middle name & 20 for the last (and for other documents as well like basic I.D.) Puttimg the two names together like that eliminates them cutting off the last letter & then a person is forever referred to by whatever is on the Health card. (including the often referred to middle name in those places like hospitals/ No nicknames, exceptions etc. allowed. So they page you in the hospital using your full name but ignore the name on your birth certificate. It’s odd that they do that but I have had some experience with that. And all that is a big part of ones entire life. It can be very, very annoying to have an important letter in your name omitted. It would then be: [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabet[/name_f] so in any future Dr. visits, dentists visits. optometrists etc. Plus it is a middle name so it isn’t used often with the exception of those necessary identification documents to cover health insurance and driver’s licences etc. Most people don’t realize all these potential inconveniences/problems until they’ve experienced it 1st hand.

1 Like

I can’t say I’m a fan. Each name, whilst not ones I personally love, are classy, timeless options but put together like that they appear as if a typo. I think your daughter would be forever explaining her middle name. In saying that, considering it’d be her middle and not her first I suppose it’s less conspicuous and therefore mightn’t cause too much trouble for her. But I just feel smooshing them together like that detracts from the names themselves. I understand your issue with hyphenating them but I don’t really see the issue with having them simply as two separate middles? ________ [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] looks really lovely to me!

EDIT: Oh sorry, re-reading your comment I now understand. So they include the space between [name_f]Ava[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]? That’s odd they do that considering plenty of people have more than one middle name.

1 Like

This a bit of an offbeat suggestion, but if you don’t mind a more unusual name in the middle, maybe combining the two names in a different way could be another option? Like Avabeth, or something similar?

4 Likes

Maybe you can just use [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] as her full name, so it can fit the requirements.

I would say 2. The spelling looks a bit clunky to me, and the pronunciation feels the same way. I know a girl with the middle name JaneAnn, and it makes me think that two short names would sound better mashed than a short and a long.

2 Likes

I’m personally not a fan of AvaElizabeth (the way it looks, not the way it sounds!) After reading your comments though, I think maybe you should still use it. I like the meaning behind the name, and it seems like eliminating the space between [name_f]Ava[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] would cause the least amount of issues for her.
I love the suggestion of Avabeth though!! Names like [name_f]Marybeth[/name_f] are pretty familiar, so I think Avabeth could definitely work!

Also, if [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is too long for a middle, maybe just [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] could work? Or if [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] used a different nickname, like [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Libby[/name_f] or [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]! [name_m]Just[/name_m] another suggestion! Good luck!! :slight_smile:

Not a fan, but I love Avabeth! Still a great way to tribute!

Not that unusual, a lot of couples are ding that now with last names, I do love [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]

1 Like

I like it. I like both names separately and I think it has a nice ring to it when said together though I’m not sure how well it sounds with whatever her first name will be.
I don’t think people being confused of it being a typo is a big concern. I would be more concerned about the confusion if it was a first name. Since it’s the middle name, you shouldn’t have to explain it often. And people make up all sort of names and combinations so it’s really not that weird.
By itself, I like AvaElizabeth the best out of the 3 you mentioned but I think the other 2 names would probably flow better with whatever first name you end up picking. If you still find it concerning, you can do what others like regionlatbest, fearlessfirefly, and Luminen advise. I guess I would do 8/10

1 Like

Cool I agree, and the first name goes beautifully with it as well.

I think AvaElizabeth may be mistaken more often than not, with the biggest problems of people thinking it’s a typo or adding a space on their own when they hear it.

Another option may be to use another form of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. One possibility is [name_f]Ava[/name_f] Lizaveta. Lizaveta is one of the Russian forms of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. Maybe another variation of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] could work?

1 Like

Why not just physically separate them, yet call her by both?

One of my kids names is like that. It sounds like one, nice name, but is actually two.

Unfortunately, if the space is included ([name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]) or a hyphen is used (as in [name_f]Ava[/name_f]-[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]), the total is 13 characters. Keeping them together as AvaElizabeth keeps the last letter from being cut off.

why not Avabeth? Sounds cool!