Avaline

I just has a poll about the name [name]Imogen[/name], but have decided that it’s not the name for this baby. What do you think of Avaline? We would pronounce it Av-ah-lean (short “a” sound at the beginning, like avenue) and use [name]Avi[/name] or [name]Vala[/name] as nicknames.

I think Avaline is a pretty name, but I prefer its authentic spelling, [name]Aveline[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Aveline[/name], especially the way you pronounce it!

I agree with you on the spelling, actually. I want to be able to use the nickname [name]Vala[/name], though. [name]Do[/name] you think I could still use the nickname if I spell it [name]Aveline[/name]?

I agree with you on the spelling, actually. I want to be able to use the nickname [name]Vala[/name], though. [name]Do[/name] you think I could still use the nickname if I spell it [name]Aveline[/name]?[/quote]

[name]Hi[/name]! If you’ll be pronouncing it the same way (I pronounce [name]Aveline[/name] like you do), I absolutely think you can call her [name]Vala[/name] for short. I think [name]Aveline[/name]'s a beautiful name. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I love the name!

What a lovely name!

My daughters middle name is [name]Aveline[/name] (Ahve leen). I [name]LOVE[/name] her middle name and think it would make a great first name. However i dislike vala. I dont understand this need to shorten every name.