Avalon

I’m having a serious name-crush on [name]Avalon[/name]! It’s relavant to Arthurian legend, has the mm potential of [name]Ava[/name], not too girly and rather original!

Thoughts?

This probably sounds ridiculous, cause I want to like [name]Avalon[/name]. I mean in theory, I do like it.
But all I hear is Avalanche. Sorry!

I love [name]Avalon[/name]! I probably wouldn’t use it personally as when I was pregnant the first time and had a miscarriage I kept thinking if it were a girl (which a psychic told me was and would be my next time around the same soul) the only girl name that stuck out was [name]Avalon[/name]. When I had the miscarriage and then later was pregnant (with a girl) I just couldn’t use it but have always thought it a very beautiful name and love nn [name]Avy[/name] (name [name]Ava[/name] as much due to popularity though a classic name, but pronounced more like Av-E). I think if you like the name [name]Ava[/name] but want a more formal name this would work. [name]Just[/name] go with your gut!! p.s. have you ever heard the saong called [name]Avalon[/name] by [name]Roxy[/name] [name]Music[/name]??

I like the way [name]Avalon[/name] sounds, but I associate with the car too much to use it. Maybe Toyota will discontinue the model?:slight_smile:

So sorry for your loss! :frowning: But [name]Avalon[/name] would have been a beautiful name for her. [name]Love[/name] the nn [name]Avy[/name], much more than [name]Ava[/name]. I haven’t heard of [name]Roxy[/name] [name]Music[/name], but I might have to look it up!

I love love love love love [name]Avalon[/name]! It’s gorgeous and sophisticated, and the nn [name]Ava[/name] or [name]Avie[/name] would be great on a little girl. I adore it!

I love the name [name]Avalon[/name], with the nn [name]Avi[/name]. It was on my list for a little while, but with family living in Newfoundland (on the [name]Avalon[/name] Peninsula) I felt like a lot of people would assume that’s why I used the name. …It’s beautiful, though, so I’d love to hear of other people using it. Avonlea has been growing on me lately…

I’ve liked this one for a long time. I always disliked [name]Ava[/name] because I wanted to say it with a short A - “as in [name]Avalon[/name]” was my usual comparison! Despite that, I never thought of [name]Avalon[/name] “[name]Ava[/name] (short A)”.