Aveline

What do you think of the name [name]Aveline[/name], if I pronounce it Ay-veh-line, as opposed to
A-veh-leen?

I adore the name [name]Caroline[/name], as it is the all time classy princess name and I had a wonderful friend in school with this name.

If I use the “line” ending in [name]Aveline[/name] it gives me the feel of [name]Caroline[/name] and also has a Southern feel(U.S.) to me.

If it has the Ay sound in the beginning it sounds like [name]Ava[/name](another name I love but is too popular for me to use).

She could use [name]Avie[/name] (Ay-vee) as a nn.

What are your reactions?

I love it and I am another [name]Ava[/name] lover too. I am also a [name]Caroline[/name].

All the best

PS I would probably go with the Ay pronounciation.

My daughter, 2yrs, is named [name]Lila/name [name]Aveline[/name] (A veh leen). I get a lot of compliments on her middle name. I think if u pronounce it the ay way it will be mis pronounce a lot and you will have to keep correcting people. This might get annoying. I always have to tell people leela not lyla. [name]Just[/name] something to think about.

I’ve never met anyone with the name, but I assumed it was pronounced Ay-veh-line. Thats how I say it in my head anyway. I like that pronunciation! Good luck!

It’s a very old [name]Norman[/name] French name, so it is pronounced ah-veh-LEEN.

I remember once I came across an [name]Aveline[/name] de [name]Clare[/name] in my ancestry and it does sound very romantic, doesn’t it?