Avielle Hazel or Avielle Grace????

Me and dh love the name avielle, and would call her [name_f]Ava[/name_f]. But we can’t decide in a middle name! I originally loved [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and avielle grace, but decided that [name_f]Ava[/name_f] was too common, so I decided on avielle [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], and we would call her [name_f]Ava[/name_f]. However, I’m unsure of the flow. Avielle grace seems to go better, but I love avielle and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] so much as individual names!

Could you clarify the pronunciation of Avielle? Because the way I’m pronouncing it right now (Ay-vee-[name_f]EL[/name_f]), I think [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] sounds best with it (So Ay-vee-[name_f]EL[/name_f] HAY-zel, which sounds just fine to me).

We would pronounce it [name_m]AH[/name_m]- vee- el :slight_smile:

I adore [name_f]Grace[/name_f], so my vote goes to Avielle [name_f]Grace[/name_f]. You might like [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] (av-ə-line/leen) [name_f]Grace[/name_f] or [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f].

[name_m]Ah[/name_m], thank you! I think [name_f]Grace[/name_f] does suit it better then!

Avielle [name_f]Grace[/name_f] sounds better to me

Avielle [name_f]Grace[/name_f]. Avielle [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] doesn’t flow so well with how you’re saying Avielle, they wind up having very similar end sounds.

I’d still go with Avielle [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]. They sound similar, but not too similar, I think. I strongly dislike [name_f]Grace[/name_f], so [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] would be my choice. But if you’re looking for the best flow, you should go with Avielle [name_f]Grace[/name_f].

Avielle [name_f]Grace[/name_f] has the best flow, but if you love [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] more then go for that!

To my ears, Avielle [name_f]Grace[/name_f] has a much, much nicer flow and sound.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] curious why not use [name_f]Ava[/name_f] as the fn if that is what you will call her. The [name_m]AH[/name_m] sound in Avielle is quite different from the long A sound in [name_f]Ava[/name_f] (unless you will pronounce it like [name_m]AH[/name_m]-vah). If I were to nn Avielle, I would more likely use [name_u]Avi[/name_u] ([name_m]AH[/name_m]-vee), which is actually quite sweet and not as usual as [name_f]Ava[/name_f].

I prefer [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]. I love [name_f]Ava[/name_f] too, especially as a nn for [name_f]Octavia[/name_f].

Avielle [name_f]Grace[/name_f] flows much better than [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]. If you really like [name_f]Ava[/name_f], [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] sounds very nice too. If [name_f]Grace[/name_f] isn’t especially meaningful to you, I suggest looking for more middle names, [name_f]Grace[/name_f] seems very filler here.

We would pronounce it AH- vee- el

So why would you call her boring [name_f]Ava[/name_f] when you can just as easily call her [name_m]AH[/name_m]-vee? ([name_f]Avie[/name_f]) …so cute & different. :smiling_face:

Avielle [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is my favourite!

[name_m]Add[/name_m] another vote to the [name_f]Grace[/name_f] camp! :slight_smile:

Avielle [name_f]Grace[/name_f] sounds much better. But, it definitely seems like a filler to me, I’ve never really been a fan of [name_f]Grace[/name_f]. It’s nice enough, though! I second the suggestion by the pp who said that you should keep looking

[name_f]Ava[/name_f] obviously isn’t so common to you that it’s unusable for a nickname, you should just use it. Everyone will think she’s [name_f]Ava[/name_f] when you yell it on the playground.