Avonlea- honest thoughts please!

What are your honest opinions on the name Avonlea? (av-on-lee) I absolutely love the look of it, and it sounds so gorgeous to me. I’ve been asking a few people about the name and I seem to get either really positive feedback or really negative feedback. Changing the spelling is absolutely not an option, so please don’t suggest that.

To be honest it sounds like the company [name]Avon[/name]'s child company. Like a company spawned from [name]Avon[/name] for, I don’t know, child skin care. Also pronouncing lea as lee is counterintutive, it sounds like [name]Leah[/name]. Maybe breaking it up into a first and middle? [name]Avon[/name] [name]Lea[/name]? I know you said changing the spelling is not an option but would splitting it up be a possibility? It’s a pretty sound, but I’m not sure about it as a name.

I like the literary reference (and the show), and it has a lovely sound, but I really don’t see it as a name for a person - young or old. Sorry.

I agree it’s pretty but I also see the make-up company. I also think ppl will have a hard time knowing how to say and spell it. I also keep looking at it and seeing [name]Avalon[/name]. These reasons would all keep me from using it but if it’s for you it’s for you : D. This reminds me of Avonelle, [name]Aveline[/name], et al (Avonel, Avanell…) an older group of names I wonder will get more attention bc of [name]Ava[/name], [name]Avery[/name], etc. Avonlea might too. Good luck!

Honestly, it looks like the company and I prefer [name]Avalon[/name].

I’ve seen it once before. It’s all about the literary association, like a Lockley I’ve seen mentioned. [name]Both[/name] are “why didn’t I think of that?” names. I love the idea.

I would love to meet a little girl named Avonlea. I wouldn’t change the spelling, either. Its unusual but not an “oh, my gosh, I can’t believe they named her that” sort of name. I love the literary link, too. This totally gets my vote!

This. I just can’t see it as the name of person.

I agree that it sounds nice, but reminds me way to much of the [name]Avon[/name] company…Sorry :frowning:

Thanks for all of the replies everyone! I have a lot to think about. The only thing I don’t love about this name is that people will say it wrong sometimes, but other than that I love everything about it.

I love it- Probably more for a middle name, but I still [name]Love[/name] it!

My thoughts exactly. It’s beautiful, and maybe for a middle name, but just not for a first.

I love it! The literary reference is beautiful! I would have never thought of the link to the [name]Avon[/name] company, but since so many people on here have pointed it out, I would be worried and reconsider. I still don’t see it, but obviously a lot of people do…