Aww, just thought this was cute...

I was playing a computer game with my little brother (9) a few days ago and he told me this, “[name]Don[/name]'t name the animals [name]Julia[/name] or [name]Zachary[/name]. That’s what I want to name my kids.”

And as a namenerd, of course, I was like, AWWW! Two cute, classic names. So I was wondering, do your kids/siblings have favorite names?

When my oldest brother was 13 or 14 (that was like 9 years ago haha) he told me he liked “witchy names” for girls, like [name]Bridget[/name], [name]Phoebe[/name], and [name]Paige[/name]. I asked him about boys names and he said he didn’t want boys. [name]Just[/name] girls. :o)

I grew up an only child, but I have a brother in law who is 10. He says he wants to name his kids [name]Percy[/name], [name]Juliet[/name], and [name]Cicero[/name]. :slight_smile:

My six year old son [name]Theo[/name] has stated the he would like his baby brother to be named [name]Jackson[/name] [name]Levi[/name] after his two best friends.
My nephew is 10 and says that he wants to name his daughter [name]Libby[/name] because it sounds like a very nice girl and his son [name]Rocky[/name] because he wouldn’t be bullied with the name [name]Rocky[/name]!

Aww, blueberri, that is just so sweet & charming that your little brother – age 9 – would have such thoughts and plans in his head!! Adorable!! Same goes for the other posters’ stories.

My daughter (age 11) likes a boy for the first time, and this inspired her a couple of months ago to plan out her future kids’ names. She chose the following entirely on her own.

1. [name]Issac[/name] [name]Paul[/name] ([name]Isaac[/name] is the mn of the boy she likes. [name]Paul[/name] is my brother’s name and the mn of the boy’s father.)
  2. [name]Julia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] (passing down mn [name]Jane[/name] to a 4th generation)
  3. [name]Drake[/name] [name]August[/name] ([name]August[/name] after her great grandfather on my side.)
  4. [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Claire[/name] ([name]Claire[/name] is my twin sister’s mn)

Noticing all the family ties represented in her names, I made sure to tell her that – while I am pleased – she is totally free to change her mind and to name her children WHATEVEER she wants when the time comes. I can see that I will never need to gulp and adjust to news in the future that I have a grandchild named something like Sodapop!

When my older son was about 5 years old, a couple of times, he protested when I was ready to give away his little sister’s frilly toddler-sized dresses. He would ask me to save them to give to HIS daughter someday. He later developed a more macho attitude, and now - as a teenager - he would be mortified if I reminded him of this! But a couple of his sisters dresses are still stored in a box on his closet shelf.

Wow, I love [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Zachary[/name] together! He has great taste. :slight_smile:

My name obsessions have rubbed off on my 9 year old sister, so she’s a bit of a name nerd herself. I’m pretty sure her favorite names are [name]Fiona[/name], [name]Margaret[/name], and [name]Elizabeth[/name], but they might have changed since then.

When I was five months pregnant, my husband’s nephew (an adorable but extremely introverted seven-year-old) sidled up next to me and told me that we could use [name]Anthony[/name], his “best name” for our baby. When I asked him if it would be okay if people called the baby [name]Tony[/name], he said, “Yeah, that’s the best part!” He was so sweet I almost took him up on the offer. Except that I knew we were having a girl.

I can’t claim to have as refined nephews as some of you. My oldest nephew’s favorite name ever is [name]Christa[/name]. I’m pretty sure that’s because of a girl in his class, but not like he would ever reveal such a thing.

The rest of my nephews are a bit too young for that. My sister-in-law is pregnant and frequently receives suggestions to name the baby “Shark” or “[name]Mario[/name].”

[name]Jennie[/name], [name]Christa[/name] is actually a pretty nice name. Its so cute when boys (of all ages) plan names for their future kids.

I don’t have any siblings or young relatives, but when I was really little I was dead set on naming my first daughter [name]Luna[/name] and my second daughter either Eudoxia or [name]Zenobia[/name]. Now I have grown out of all three of those names.

Too cute! I’m a little jealous the kids y’all know have such great names picked out!
My daughter “named” her soon-to-be-cousin “HONK”. That’s right- as in “honk a horn”. She is adamant that the poor little girl’s name is Honk. Luckily my brother and sister-in law are good sports about it and refer to the baby as Honk. They think it’s a cute nn until they meet their little girl.
ALSO, I just found out yesterday that I’m expecting so DD said we should name our baby “Honk 2”. My poor child!
:slight_smile:

Congratulations, Trishc! [name]How[/name] exciting! Keep us posted and let us know when/if you have any alternate names in mind for little Honk 2! :slight_smile:

Those are really surprising names for a 10 year old. Especially [name]Cicero[/name]! He has fantastic taste.

My sister is 13 and when I asked her she said she likes the name [name]Pierce[/name] for a boy. When I asked her about girl names she just shrugged and changed the subject.

That is just adorable :slight_smile:

My daughter and i were playing outside (this was back a few months ago) and she told me that she wanted to name her kids [name]Tommy[/name] and [name]Rosie[/name].
When i asked her about full names (and explained things a little, she’s only six :slight_smile: ) she decided on…

[name]Thomas[/name] [name]Grady[/name] for a boy
And
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Violet[/name] for a girl

My 2.5 yr old is obsessed with the name [name]Maggie[/name]. One of her little friends has a baby sister [name]Maggie[/name], and ever since then, every baby is known as [name]Maggie[/name]. All of her dolls are [name]Maggie[/name], when we talk about having a baby sister, her name is [name]Maggie[/name]. I have tried to interest her in some of the other little baby girls’ names we know-[name]Anna[/name], [name]Julia[/name]-but it’s just not the same as [name]Maggie[/name]!

[quote=“auburn”]

That is just adorable :)[/quote]

I second this! Too cute!

My nephew, [name]Marcus[/name], told me that he wanted to name is his four sons to honor the Beatles ([name]Jonny[/name], [name]Paulo[/name], [name]Ringo[/name] and [name]Georgie[/name]). Although, I forgot he told me he ORIGINALLY wanted to name his kids [name]Elmo[/name], [name]Grover[/name] and [name]Oscar[/name], when he was six… :slight_smile:

[name]Alexandra[/name] “[name]Lexi[/name]” [name]Lee[/name]

The other day at a family get together we were all suggesting names for my [name]SIL[/name] baby due next month. My 3 year old came out with “[name]Ruby[/name] for girl and [name]Max[/name] for boy”, from the cartoon of those rabbits [name]Max[/name]&[name]Ruby[/name]. I have tried to tell her that the baby is a girl and they are not going to call her [name]Ruby[/name] but she insists on calling the baby [name]Ruby[/name]. My brother says he might middle name it just because it is now sticking with other family members!

This may not be as “aww” but as I have never asked my six year old cousin (her name is [name]Rachel[/name]) about names this is the best thing I can come up with.

My dad is a clown, a real goofball and all during my childhood he and I would play. (I was a mean teacher named [name]Sally[/name] and a beauty shop girl named [name]Jasmine[/name] amoung other things) My dad would always pick names for himself and had accents to go along with them! He always chose [name]Carlos[/name] [name]Rafael[/name] when we played board games (I swear my dad is a perfectly sane human being!) I once asked if dad ever had opinions on my name and my mum said, no, he went with the two I presented. Dad always wanted a daughter, so I’m sure that’s why he didn’t put up a fuss over boy names. A few months ago he told my mother and I (to our extreme surprise) that [name]Rafael[/name] really was one of his favorite names! I asked if I used it, would he laugh? No, and he was thrilled!

My firstborn son will be [name]Carston[/name] [name]Rafael[/name] [name]Noam[/name] initials CRN, same as my father.

I had a friend (guy) who insisted from age 9 to 14 that he wanted to name a daughter [name]Trinity[/name] [name]Gabrielle[/name], though from 7 to 9 he was insistent on naming a baby girl Corvette [name]Carolina[/name], because apparently I was going to be miss cars mother! HA! ([name]Carolina[/name] is my mn, and [name]Gabrielle[/name] is my fn, though he did that out of respect for my being the godmother, not the mother)

Blessings,

[name]Bella[/name] <3

I am an only child, but my version of a sister (we act like them! and we really wouldn’t be friends if we hadn’t known each other our whole lives- our parents are best friends and she is an only child too!), [name]Rachel[/name], her favorite names for a girls is [name]Anna[/name] and [name]Serena[/name] (we both love the name [name]Anna[/name]).

My best friend in the whole world, [name]Rebecca[/name], wants to name her daughter [name]Lola[/name]. I hate this name personally, but she is eccentric, so I think it fits her.
My other best friends and their choices:
[name]Meghan[/name]'s fav- [name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Kelly[/name]'s fav- [name]Madison[/name]
[name]Ashley[/name]'s favs- [name]Olivia[/name] and [name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Shannon[/name]'s fav- [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Emily[/name]'s fav- [name]Keegan[/name] (b)