Axelle?

I have come across the name [name_u]Axel[/name_u] a lot lately but haven’t really loved it but someone suggested using it for a girl and adding the l and e on the end. I love the potential nn [name_f]Elle[/name_f] and that it means peace. Would it be feminine enough for a little girl?

Funny, I just saw [name_f]Axelle[/name_f] for the first time myself a few hours ago. Before we knew we were having a girl, someone suggested [name_u]Axel[/name_u]. I instantly thought of [name_u]Axel[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], although he spells it [name_m]Axl[/name_m]. I personally couldn’t use [name_f]Axelle[/name_f] for a girl and think people/teachers wouldn’t know how to pronounce it. I think [name_f]Elle[/name_f] is a beautiful name though- any reason you’re not going straight there?

A close friend already has that name.

I prefer [name_f]Elle[/name_f] on its own. What about [name_f]Eloisa[/name_f]/e, [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f], [name_f]Eleni[/name_f], [name_f]Elara[/name_f], [name_f]Rochelle[/name_f], [name_f]Danielle[/name_f], [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Eleonora[/name_f], [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f], [name_f]Michelle[/name_f], [name_f]Noelle[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Arielle[/name_f], [name_f]Elena[/name_f] or an name that begins with L?

1 Like

I don’t see [name_f]Axelle[/name_f] as being feminine. Sorry! [name_m]Will[/name_m] always be masculine to me. (Plus the name means father, so there’s that…)

There are plenty of ways to get to [name_f]Elle[/name_f] as a nn though…
[name_f]Amabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Brielle[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Ellen[/name_f]
[name_u]Ellery[/name_u]
[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_f]Elyse[/name_f]/Elise
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] / [name_f]Isobel[/name_f]
[name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f]
[name_f]Janelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Marielle[/name_f]

Admittedly I’m 100% biased because my daughter has one of the above names with the nn [name_f]Elle[/name_f], but there are a lot of feminine ways to get to the nn [name_f]Elle[/name_f].

1 Like

I think [name_f]Axelle[/name_f] is really pretty, I came across it years ago, so I think it has a decent amount of use as a girls name for it to be usable.

Sorry, all I hear is “Excel.” I like the way it looks, though, and I think the sound is feminine—reminds me of [name_f]Maxine[/name_f]. It’s not frilly, but feminine ≠ frilly.

Axelle is pretty cute. I do prefer just [name_f]Elle[/name_f] but [name_f]Axelle[/name_f] is nice too

The ‘ax’ sound to me is quite masculine. Even so, Axelle is kind of cool and could work but I definitely prefer Axel for a boy over the feminine version. Also, like Ceryle, I hear Excel when I say Axelle.

I would pronounce [name_u]Axel[/name_u] and [name_f]Axelle[/name_f] differently. [name_u]Axel[/name_u] sounds like ax-uhl and [name_f]Axelle[/name_f] sounds like ax-ELLE. I don’t care for it, bc all I can hear is the word excel.

I went to uni with an [name_f]Axelle[/name_f] (pron. axe-elle, not [name_u]Axel[/name_u], though she was [name_u]French[/name_u] so that’ll have been a factor) and she was a riot! Not particularly feminine as a person but full of character and a complete match for her name.

Not much a fan of the name sorry. However I think [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] is pretty close and I love that.

I had a female student once named [name_f]Axelle[/name_f] (pronounced the same as [name_u]Axel[/name_u]). I loved it, plus she was a sweet kid so that helped lol!