Aya or Ayana?

Which of these name combinations do you like better? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_f]Aya[/name_f] as a name by itself (it means hawk in Hebrew) or would it work as a nickname for [name_f]Ayana[/name_f] (not a Hebrew name, but it could be shortened to [name_f]Aya[/name_f]).

[name_f]Ayana[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Aya[/name_f] [name_u]Simone[/name_u]

So, [name_f]Ayana[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Aya[/name_f]) or just [name_f]Aya[/name_f]?

Thanks!
MJS

I like [name_f]Aya[/name_f] [name_u]Simone[/name_u].

Thanks oboeplayer1! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] I get some more responses.

I like it in theory, but it sounds a lot like a greeting, so I could see it getting confusing–like at a playground if you call out [name_f]Aya[/name_f], and everyone starts waving back at you.

I like [name_f]Ayana[/name_f], nn [name_f]Aya[/name_f], because it has more nn options

Great, thanks for the comments so far. Please keep 'em coming!

I prefer [name_f]Aya[/name_f], which I would pronounce like eye-uh? (Or is it Ay-uh with a long a?) [name_f]Ayana[/name_f] kind of blends with all the frilliana names out there, like [name_f]Ariana[/name_f], [name_f]Adriana[/name_f], etc.

I would offer [name_f]Anya[/name_f] as an alternative. It sounds more substantial than [name_f]Aya[/name_f], which it sounds like you want, but it is a stronger name ([name_f]IMO[/name_f]!) than [name_f]Ayana[/name_f]. It’s also not very popular in the US, so she would likely be the only one in her class. [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_u]Simone[/name_u] sounds great! And if a Hebrew origin or the meaning hawk is important, that could be worked into a mn.

Thanks, I like [name_f]Anya[/name_f] but I can’t use it unfortunately (already someone with that name in my immediate family).