Ayla and Tansy??

My 13mnth is [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_f]Alba[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f].
Number 2 is on its way and in 4 weeks we find out the gender! Yay! However I’m already thinking names. My top contender (unbeknown to DH) is [name_f]Tansy[/name_f].
Closely followed by [name_f]Lys[/name_f] and [name_f]Vivi[/name_f].
Middle names are likely to be [name_f]Augusta[/name_f], [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Anika[/name_f] [name_u]Ray[/name_u], [name_f]Pania[/name_f] or [name_f]Pania[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (all significant to my family.
Surname is 2 syllables, sort of sounds like Gisborne.
[name_f]Do[/name_f] any of these, tansy in particular, work with [name_f]Ayla[/name_f]. We only plan to have 2 children so other siblings is not an issue.
Thanks.

[name_f]Tansy[/name_f] seems a bit cutesy, but it does go well w/[name_f]Ayla[/name_f], and I can see it working for the baby of the family. Also, kudos for originality!!

They are great I think!

[name_f]Tansy[/name_f] is very cutesy. It’s cute, but I can’t see it aging very well. I just couldn’t take it serious as a full name. Maybe as a nickname to [name_f]Tatiana[/name_f], [name_f]Tania[/name_f] or [name_f]Tanith[/name_f]. I don’t think [name_f]Tansy[/name_f] goes with [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] either. If you like [name_f]Tansy[/name_f] maybe you would like something like [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]. It has a similar sound to it.

Some suggestions:
[name_f]Margo[/name_f]
[name_f]Alys[/name_f]/[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Aviva[/name_f]
[name_f]Viola[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Molly[/name_f]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]

Thanks for your replies. I’m also starting to really like Tasie (rhymes with daisy, nn for [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f])
Hmm I should probably just be patient. Ill agonies over a whole bunch of girls names and it will be a boy ! :slight_smile:

I like [name_f]Tansy[/name_f]. It doesn’t feel incomplete to me, it’s a plant name. Like [name_f]Lily[/name_f] or [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] or [name_f]Holly[/name_f], just rarer. And the “immortal” meaning is nice. I like it to lighten a heavy middle - [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] is beautiful but it’s very somber and solid. [name_f]Tansy[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] sounds balanced and strong to me.

It’s also short enough to match well if you want 2 middles.

However, if you like [name_f]Tansy[/name_f] but want more length you might also like [name_f]Tacita[/name_f], NN [name_f]Tacy[/name_f].

[name_f]Vivi[/name_f] I like as a short form of [name_u]Vivien[/name_u] or [name_f]Viveca[/name_f].

[name_f]Lys[/name_f] doesn’t do much for me. With an “ee” sound it’s too much like [name_u]Lisa[/name_u] (yuck) and said like Liss it seems like someone chopped up [name_f]Alice[/name_f] because it didn’t go with [name_f]Ayla[/name_f].

Ooh, I adore [name_f]Tansy[/name_f]! I think it goes well with [name_f]Ayla[/name_f]. I don’t put it in the cute category either, like the previous poster said it’s a botanical name so not incomplete. If you wanted it to sound more formal, a middle like [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] would be the way to go.