Ayla or Anya? Yes, again

I love [name_f]Ella[/name_f] too now that you mention it haha I adore [name_f]Anya[/name_f] so much, only thing keeping me from doing it is the sound of it with our surname, other than that there wouldn’t even be a choice to be made.

I don’t see an issue! [name_f]Anya[/name_f] H— would be a lovely name.

I’m sorry to hear about your loss :heart:

1 Like

Thank you very much! If I’m not wrong you also commented on my other topic with the same opinion! I’m getting more sold on it, you are making me less anxious about using it with our surname.

1 Like

It scared me the “on a hunt” sound was gonna be obvious, as not only me but other people heard it as well. But it seems to be fine with most people here, so that’s making it a little easier on it.

Thank you!

It is very possible! I think [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_m]Hunt[/name_m] is a stunning name.

I much prefer [name_f]Anya[/name_f].

1 Like

Thank you! I find it gorgeous too. It’s just that since imagining her saying her full name one day “I’m AnyaHunt” got me thinking of “I’m in your/a hunt” and you know how when you feel slightly insecure about something you can’t stop thinking about it? Then I went on to try and find another option. And now we’re stuck between these two after cutting off Emily, Chloe and Zoe from our list.

1 Like

I understand your concern. I have never thought the “I’m in your/a hunt” possible similarity. If it really bothers you, perhaps [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] is “the one” for you. Perhaps you beautiful girl will tell you which name is hers when she arrives!

I wish you the best!
Your little girl will have a gorgeous name :heart:

Knowing your last name now, [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] gets my vote. Mostly because of the “on a hunt” issue. When I was in school, the principal called for a new girl. Her name was [name_f]Anita[/name_f] Bus. I didn’t know her and heard “I need a bus.”

I like the nickname for [name_f]Lala[/name_f] / La-La. and [name_f]Fa[/name_f]-la-la could work, too. [name_u]Ali[/name_u] or Ayli would work. You may be able to better create a nickname once you have the middle name. [name_f]Remember[/name_f] that she will likely earn nicknames for her personality, too.

Ayla [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]: [name_u]Abbie[/name_u], AB, [name_f]Bea[/name_f], BB, [name_m]Abel[/name_m], etc.

Ayla [name_u]June[/name_u]: AJai, Juju, Juju-[name_f]Bee[/name_f], [name_u]June[/name_u] Bug

Ayla [name_u]Simone[/name_u]: [name_u]Asa[/name_u], [name_m]Ace[/name_m], [name_f]Alysa[/name_f], Aylise

Ayla [name_f]Cecile[/name_f]: CiCi

Ayla [name_f]Dawn[/name_f]: [name_f]Addie[/name_f]

Ayla [name_f]Grace[/name_f]: [name_f]Aggie[/name_f]

Ayla [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]: [name_f]Ava[/name_f]

Ayla [name_f]Norine[/name_f]: [name_f]Ana[/name_f], [name_f]Annie[/name_f]

Ayla [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f]: [name_f]Amie[/name_f]

Definitely [name_f]Anya[/name_f]! The pronunciation seems very intuitive to me, an I don’t think “on ya” is too big of a deal!

I prefer [name_f]Anya[/name_f]! It’s so beautiful!

I completely understand! I love it and think that’s a wonderful sentiment :heart: Perhaps [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] would be the better choice then to go with the more masculine middle! I think the suggestion of [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_u]Marlow[/name_u] [name_m]Hunt[/name_m] on your previous post is lovely, as is [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] [name_u]Cooper[/name_u] [name_m]Hunt[/name_m] :slight_smile: