azalea's twin sister...

hubs seems to have landed on azalea this week (lol) for his half of our twinset (both girls)…

siblings are ocean (boy), pearl (girl) and marin (girl).

middle names chosen are aileen and bee.

other names we’ve considered:

iris
isla
rosemary
juniper

I like all of the names you are considering! I’ve always liked [name]Azalea[/name] for a girl. It’s sweet yet quirky. Out of the ones you listed though, I’d go with [name]Rosemary[/name] or [name]Juniper[/name] to go with [name]Azalea[/name], yet my favorites are [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Rosemary[/name].

[name]Zinnia[/name]
[name]Acacia[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Magnolia[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Amaryllis[/name]
[name]Hyacinth[/name]
[name]Emerald[/name]
[name]Eden[/name]
Aquamarine
[name]Indigo[/name]
[name]Scarlet[/name]

[name]Dahlia[/name]
(I would have more suggestions, but they would be repeats)

And my favorite from your list is [name]Isla[/name]!

would azalea and isla be too close in sound tho?

What about [name]Tamsin[/name]? Its really pretty and it means twin :slight_smile: Or [name]Linnea[/name] which means twin flower :slight_smile:

Oooh, I [name]LOVE[/name] the combination of [name]Azalea[/name] and [name]Linnea[/name]! Especially with the meaning of [name]Linnea[/name]!
Also, I don’t think they sound too much alike because I say [name]Azalea[/name] with like uh-zayl-ya and [name]Linnea[/name] as linn-ee-uh. The “ya” and “ee-uh” endings make them just different enough in my opinion. :slight_smile:

Yes, that was my train of thought. I think it is too close. To be safe, I’d just choose one or the other. Some others you may like:

[name]Lark[/name]
[name]Lilac[/name]
[name]Lavender[/name]
[name]Briar[/name]
[name]Clover[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]

[name]Susannah[/name] means lily. [name]Tallulah[/name] means leaping water. [name]Dylan[/name] means child of the sea.”But those may not suit your taste.

So far, I still really like [name]Rosemary[/name] and [name]Azalea[/name] best.

what bout… [name]Azalea[/name] [name]Bee[/name] and [name]Lotus[/name] [name]Aileen[/name]?

oooh. im liking these directions!

i didnt know tamsin meant twin…i also didnt know linnea meant twin flower…my cousin’s daughter was nearly named linnea and then they chose laelia instead…i thought azalea and laelia were pretty cute/close…i dont know if she plans to save linnea for a future babe…i’ll mention it.

what would a nn be for linnea or tamsin?

[name]Tamsin[/name] isone of my very favorites, it is a variant of [name]Thomasina[/name]. Whenever I suggest it people always turn it down b/c of the possibility people would call her the undesirable, let’s say, [name]Tammy[/name]. I say lets get creative and come up w/ a nn so we have more [name]Tamsin[/name]'s out there! My Grandfather was [name]Thomas[/name] so I have always considered it as a possibility to honor him. I think [name]Tamsin[/name] w/ out a nn could work but then you’re giving people the opportunity to call her [name]Tammy[/name].

[name]Mina[/name]
[name]Minnie[/name]
[name]Sam[/name]
[name]Nita[/name]
[name]Izzy[/name]
[name]Tansy[/name] (which is a flower name like Azaelea)

I like [name]Izzy[/name] and [name]Tanzy[/name] and nn’s for [name]Tamsin[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Tamsin[/name] isone of my very favorites, it is a variant of [name]Thomasina[/name]. Whenever I suggest it people always turn it down b/c of the possibility people would call her the undesirable, let’s say, [name]Tammy[/name]. I say lets get creative and come up w/ a nn so we have more [name]Tamsin[/name]'s out there! My Grandfather was [name]Thomas[/name] so I have always considered it as a possibility to honor him. I think [name]Tamsin[/name] w/ out a nn could work but then you’re giving people the opportunity to call her [name]Tammy[/name].

[name]Mina[/name]
[name]Minnie[/name]
[name]Sam[/name]
[name]Nita[/name]
[name]Izzy[/name]
[name]Tansy[/name] (which is a flower name like Azaelea)[/quote]

i suggested both tamsin and tansy to hubs today and he said no dice…though ive loved tansy, met a girl with that name and just loved her to pieces…very cute.

he shot down linnea too.

im thinking its going to be either iris bee and rosemary aileen or azalea bee and iris aileen at the end of all of this hullabaloo…tho i’d love to sneak juniper in…haha.

I think [name]Azalea[/name] and [name]Isla[/name] are perfect together! and [name]Isla[/name] is the best on your list and matches your other childrens names

[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]

Aww, that’s too bad- [name]Azalea[/name] and [name]Linnea[/name] sound great together. [name]Azalea[/name] and [name]Iris[/name] is super cute as well. :slight_smile: