B/G twins!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Berries,

We decided to go for our third and last child…and are pregnant with TWINS! A bit of a cautionary tale but we’re thrilled.

We have two daughters and are expecting another girl and a boy.

Our girls are [name_u]Finley[/name_u] [name_u]Harper[/name_u] (if she had been a boy, we would have named her [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]) and [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] (and she would have been [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]). Our last name sounds like Cool-ing.

We’re feeling like we’ll use [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] (unknown middle) for our boy but naming a third girl is tough! We’ve considered [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_u]Logan[/name_u] for her but I feel like a girl of a B/G set should have more of a feminine name (and I’m not wild that [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] both end in the same sound). I’ve suggested [name_f]Liv[/name_f] for her and it seems to be the front runner but I’d love more suggestions to consider. Naming twins feels like a lot of responsibility to get it right as they’ll be referred to as a pair more than singletons.

You can probably tell by the names above (other than [name_f]Liv[/name_f]) that we tend to like gender neutral/last names/Celtic-ish names. I’ve desperately scoured the internet and mostly this website looking for my third girl’s name that fits the bill.

Thank you so much for your help! :heartpulse:

[name_m]How[/name_m] about…
[name_f]Briar[/name_f]
[name_u]Sydney[/name_u]
[name_f]Cadence[/name_f]
[name_f]Amity[/name_f]
[name_f]Nova[/name_f]
[name_f]Brynn[/name_f]
[name_f]Jade[/name_f]
[name_u]Brooke[/name_u]
[name_f]Cambria[/name_f]
[name_f]Summer[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Avril[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_f]Siena[/name_f]
[name_u]Cassidy[/name_u]
[name_f]Autumn[/name_f]

I think [name_f]Rhona[/name_f] is a good compromise. It sounds slightly more femme than [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] while having the same sound quality. [name_f]Rhona[/name_f] and [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] go well together.

Congratulations! [name_m]How[/name_m] exciting to be expecting twins :slight_smile:

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] for a girl, have always preferred it for a girl vs boy. In my opinion, [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] sounds a bit too mainstream with your other name choices as its popularity has surged recently, but that’s not to say I don’t like it!

Some other names I think you might like:

[name_m]Piran[/name_m] (m, patron saint of Cornwall)
[name_m]Jago[/name_m] (m, Cornish version of [name_m]Jack[/name_m])
[name_u]Jory[/name_u] (m, Cornish verrsion of [name_m]George[/name_m])
Sennen (unisex, Cornish place name)
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] (f, Cornish girls name)
[name_m]Jowan[/name_m] (m, Cornish boys name)

Sorry, all Cornish, but that’s where I’m based so my closest Celtic influence!

I love your style and am sure you’ll pick fab names for you two littlest ones :slight_smile:

E x

Some ideas:

[name_u]Darby[/name_u] & [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
[name_u]Darcy[/name_u] & [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
[name_u]Delaney[/name_u] & [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
[name_f]Mallory[/name_f] & [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
[name_u]Macy[/name_u] & [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
[name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] & [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
[name_f]Faye[/name_f] & [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u]/[name_u]Blaire[/name_u] & [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
[name_u]Brooke[/name_u] & [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] & [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
[name_f]Neve[/name_f] & [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
[name_f]Paige[/name_f] & [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
[name_f]Mairead[/name_f] & [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
[name_f]Kiera[/name_f] & [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
Flannery & Lachlan
Sloane & Lachlan
Tara & Lachlan
Kerry & Lachlan
Adair & Lachlan
Greer & Lachlan
Dagny & Lachlan
Meredith & Lachlan

Finley, Marlowe, ______, & _______:

First thing thing that came to mind was Blaire & Rowan

Other ideas:

Hadley & Teague
Delaney & Brennan
Teagan & Murphy
Tatum & Murtagh
Tierney & Cormac “Mac”
Farrah & Walsh
Lennon & Rafferty
Lane & Lachlan
Sloane & Keegan
Kennedy & Murdoc
Shea & Kian
Aurora “Rory” &Sullivan “Sully”
Kiera/ Kieran & Roarke “Rory”
Sheridan & Wallace
Darragh & Desmond

Some of my first thoughts are suggested above, so I will second them…

[name_u]Finley[/name_u], [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u], [name_m]Lochlan[/name_m] and…

[name_u]Teagan[/name_u]
[name_u]Hadley[/name_u]
[name_f]Briar[/name_f]

[name_u]Piper[/name_u]
[name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f]
[name_u]Ainsley[/name_u]
[name_u]Paisley[/name_u]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_u]Delaney[/name_u]
[name_f]Maud[/name_f]

I also really like [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] for a girl, and with the this sibset in particular. Maybe a [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] that goes by [name_u]Rory[/name_u]? [name_m]Lochlan[/name_m] and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]/[name_u]Rory[/name_u]…?

I love [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]! Sorry for any repeats:

[name_u]Emery[/name_u]/[name_u]Emory[/name_u]
[name_u]Holland[/name_u]
[name_f]Keira[/name_f]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Nola[/name_f]
[name_f]Romilly[/name_f]/[name_u]Romy[/name_u]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] nn [name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_u]Tierney[/name_u]
[name_f]Calla[/name_f]
[name_u]Teagan[/name_u]
[name_f]Brynn[/name_f]
[name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_u]Ellery[/name_u]

[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] is a great choice! I like [name_f]Liv[/name_f] as well although I may suggest using [name_f]Liv[/name_f] as a nickname for a longer first not starting with L if you use [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m], but that’s just an option. Others that came to mind…

[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] and [name_u]Delaney[/name_u]
[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] and [name_f]Cerys[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Liv[/name_f]!

[name_u]Finley[/name_u], [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u], [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] and [name_u]Sinclair[/name_u] (or [name_u]Sinclaire[/name_u])
[name_u]Finley[/name_u], [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u], [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] and [name_u]Carlisle[/name_u] (or [name_u]Carlyle[/name_u])
[name_u]Finley[/name_u], [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u], [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] and [name_f]Bronwen[/name_f] (or [name_f]Bronwyn[/name_f])
[name_u]Finley[/name_u], [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u], [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] and [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f] (meaning twin)

I second…

[name_u]Kieran[/name_u]
[name_u]Ainsley[/name_u]
[name_u]Tatum[/name_u]
[name_u]Teagan[/name_u]

I really don’t think it’s a problem if the twin’s names end the same. Better to repeat the ending on the twin’s name than with another sibling, perhaps.

My favorite pairing is [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] and [name_f]Bronwen[/name_f]!!!

You’re not wild about [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] ending in the same sound, but is it a problem if [name_f]Liv[/name_f] and [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] start with the same initial? These days a lot of people are hesitant to give their twins matching names, but I really think [name_f]Liv[/name_f] and [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] make a great pair if you’re brave enough to go for it! ([name_u]Logan[/name_u] and [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] is another option that takes the matching to more of an extreme, but I think the gender ambiguity is the bigger problem in this case.)

Otherwise, I think what you’re looking for is a name that’s clearly feminine when compared to [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m], but isn’t so frilly that it sticks out like a sore thumb next to [name_u]Finley[/name_u] and [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]. I think a lot of the no-frills single-syllable suggestions accomplish this especially well ([name_u]Brooke[/name_u], [name_f]Liv[/name_f], [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_f]Paige[/name_f], [name_u]Wren[/name_u], etc) but my favorite for you is [name_u]Blaire[/name_u]. It ticks the Scottish-Irish and surname-y boxes, and it’s a unisex name like [name_u]Finley[/name_u] and [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] without being too ambiguous next to twin brother [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]. It could also be spelled [name_u]Blair[/name_u], but I think the “e” spelling gives it the perfect amount of femininity for your sibset!

Also, if you’re already planning on using family/honor names for middles, ignore this, but I would like to toss [name_u]Auden[/name_u] into the ring as a potential middle for [name_u]Blaire[/name_u]. I like that your daughters both have an author’s name ([name_u]Harper[/name_u] [name_u]Lee[/name_u], [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]) and think it would be neat to continue that pattern! I’m not sure [name_u]Auden[/name_u] is feminine enough to work as a first name for you, and it also has the similar-endings problem with [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m], but it’s great in the middle spot! (It’s a super versatile name too; sounds great with [name_f]Liv[/name_f], [name_u]Brooke[/name_u], [name_f]Paige[/name_f], and so on!)

I love your naming style!

I like how your first two girls plus your choice for your boy twin all end in different sounds. So I’m going to stay away from anything that ends in EE, OH, or EN.

[name_u]Finley[/name_u] is at #186 for girls, [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] and its variants aren’t even in the top 100, and [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] sits at #700.

[name_u]Finley[/name_u] - fair - haired hero
[name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] - Driftwood
[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] - [name_f]Fjord[/name_f]-land

My picks,

[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] - popular in [name_u]Sweden[/name_u], means lime tree. I think it has such a nice flow, and not overly feminine.
[name_u]Blair[/name_u]/[name_u]Blaire[/name_u] - Like [name_f]Claire[/name_f], but less popular and more interesting. Scottish name that means dweller on the plain.
[name_u]Piper[/name_u] - musical surname that’s becoming pretty popular.
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] - holly trees. also a surname name
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u] - surname that’s now considered unisex.
[name_u]Sloane[/name_u] - Irish surname, means raider
[name_f]Annika[/name_f] - Swedish, means grace. I think it sounds great with [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] and fits with your other girls

[name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]
[name_u]Adair[/name_u]
[name_u]Cassidy[/name_u]
[name_f]Brenda[/name_f]
[name_u]Bryn[/name_u]
[name_u]Chelsea[/name_u]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_u]Aspen[/name_u]
[name_f]Jade[/name_f]
[name_u]Jael[/name_u]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Veda[/name_f]

I really liked the suggestion a few pages up of [name_f]Greer[/name_f].

[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] & [name_f]Greer[/name_f] / [name_f]Greer[/name_f] & [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] has such a nice feel to it.

[name_u]Finley[/name_u], [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u], [name_f]Greer[/name_f] and [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] sound perfect together.

Good [name_m]Luck[/name_m]!