babies a week old... and has no name...

[name]Hi[/name] everyone! Im in a little bit of a pickle because I gave birth to my 2nd daughter almost a week ago and she still doesnt have a name!!! My older daughter is named [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Lily[/name] and we have a very common Irish last name. [name]Eliza[/name] is shortened for [name]Elizabeth[/name], which was her great grandmother, and someone her father and I adored. [name]Lily[/name] was such a pretty name, but I dint want her to be one of 4 in her class.

Over the past month I’ve gotten really into greek/roman/latin and mythology names w/ pretty meanings. Please share your thoughts on my names and any recomendations are appreciated! Also if you spot any great combinations or nicknames, let me know!

[name]Ceres[/name]
[name]Arwen[/name]
[name]Venus[/name]
[name]Livana[/name] nn [name]Liv[/name] or [name]Annie[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Diane[/name]
[name]Eden[/name] (my mother)
[name]Erin[/name] (my sister)
[name]Esme[/name] (my mother-in-law)
[name]Persephone[/name]
[name]Isolde[/name]
[name]Milla[/name]

Thanks!

congrats on your new daughter! I think the post-partum period is a terrifically HARD time to pick a name.
[name]Don[/name]'t feel bad, I’m the epic un-named baby momma, I think… I have a seven month old. She was just named a few weeks ago. In fact, currently, she only has a first name- still working on her middle names.

But I digress… your names are lovely. Although I love most of them, with [name]Eliza[/name], I personally would stay away from another short ‘E’ name because of the matchy-ness of it, but that’s just me.

Cerces, I like it. I’m not sure if it is useable. Fantastic middle, though.
[name]Arwen[/name] seems too unisex with the feminine [name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Venus[/name], like it. Romantic. Have always been personally scared off by the teasing potential of a name that rhymed with penis. Again, maybe a fantastic middle
[name]Livana[/name], love it. Esp. with [name]Eliza[/name]- as long as you don’t call her [name]Liz[/name] ([name]Liz[/name] and [name]Liv[/name] too matchy for me)
[name]Camille[/name], love it. [name]Love[/name] nn [name]Cami[/name]
[name]Diane[/name], feels dated to me
[name]Eden[/name], love it, but too matchy with [name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Erin[/name], Some of your others are way more fabulous
[name]Esme[/name], ok, but, again, matchy with [name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Persephone[/name], love it. nn [name]Percy[/name], super cute
[name]Isolde[/name], I just can’t get on board with this name. [name]Just[/name] personal taste
[name]Milla[/name], love it

So, from all your names, some combos I would like with [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Lily[/name] (depends on your ln, though…)
[name]Livana[/name] [name]Venus[/name]
[name]Camille[/name] [name]Persephone[/name]
[name]Milla[/name] [name]Persephone[/name]
[name]Livana[/name] Cerces

Since [name]Eliza[/name] has a family honored name, are there other family members you might like to honor? The namers here are GREAT at finding interesting ways of honoring names you might not specifically want to use.

Good luck. Congrats, again.

Why don’t you name her [name]Liv[/name] directly without the long “[name]Livana[/name]”?

I think that [name]Liv[/name] [name]Eden[/name] would be a nice choice!

other mythology-inspired names you might like
[name]Aurora[/name], nn [name]Rory[/name]
[name]Anthea[/name] (nn [name]Annie[/name] or [name]Thea[/name])
[name]Althea[/name] (nn [name]Allie[/name] or [name]Thea[/name])
[name]Thisbe[/name]
[name]Echo[/name]
[name]Juno[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Phaedra[/name] (if you can get over the tragic reference)
[name]Iris[/name] (could be a lovely floral tie-in for your [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Lily[/name] with the mythology reference that you are looking for)

ok, that’s all I can come up off the top of my head, I know there’s many more… will search for the list for you

a-ha! a list…
Godess names, some good ones there you might like
https://nameberry.com/list/325/[name]Goddess[/name]-Names

congrats on your new daughter! I think the post-partum period is a terrifically HARD time to pick a name.
[name]Don[/name]'t feel bad, I’m the epic un-named baby momma, I think… I have a seven month old. She was just named a few weeks ago. In fact, currently, she only has a first name- still working on her middle names.

But I digress… your names are lovely. Although I love most of them, with [name]Eliza[/name], I personally would stay away from another short ‘E’ name because of the matchy-ness of it, but that’s just me.

[name]Venus[/name], like it. Romantic. Have always been personally scared off by the teasing potential of a name that rhymed with penis. Again, maybe a fantastic middle
[name]Livana[/name], love it. Esp. with [name]Eliza[/name]- as long as you don’t call her [name]Liz[/name] ([name]Liz[/name] and [name]Liv[/name] too matchy for me)
[name]Isolde[/name], I just can’t get on board with this name. [name]Just[/name] personal taste

So, from all your names, some combos I would like with [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Lily[/name] (depends on your ln, though…)

Since [name]Eliza[/name] has a family honored name, are there other family members you might like to honor? The namers here are GREAT at finding interesting ways of honoring names you might not specifically want to use.

Good luck. Congrats, again.[/quote]

Oh My! I had’nt even thought of the teasing potential of [name]Venus[/name]. I think thats officially off the list. The three “e”'s are all family names that would only be considered for middle names; we rather not be too matchy. At the moment [name]Eliza[/name] is calling her “fudge” (we dont know why…) so I really, really need a name.

Thanks for all your help, and its sooooo nice to know I’m not the only mom struggling to name her infant. And thanks for finding that list; I did’nt even think to check the nameberry lists. Thanks, again.

Good luck. Congrats, again.[/quote]

Oh My! I had’nt even thought of the teasing potential of [name]Venus[/name]. I think thats officially off the list. The three “e”'s are all family names that would only be considered for middle names; we rather not be too matchy. At the moment [name]Eliza[/name] is calling her “fudge” (we dont know why…) so I really, really need a name.

Thanks for all your help, and its sooooo nice to know I’m not the only mom struggling to name her infant. And thanks for finding that list; I did’nt even think to check the nameberry lists. Thanks, again.[/quote]

No problem. I knew I had to reply to you as soon as I saw your post, because know personally the strugle of having a newborn and having to pick a name! (to put it mildly)

It is really hard, especially with all the hormone shifts, and lack of sleep, and work of a brand new fresh baby. My (unsolicited) advice is to do whatever you need to do to find some quiet, thoughtful time and just PICK a name. and stick to it. She will become whatever name you choose. There is no wrong choice and no right choice; just a choice you lovingly make for your daughter. I think sometimes, as new moms, we see these perfect little babies and want more than anything to find a name as perfect as they are. You might find the “perfect” name for her, you might not. Regardless, she’s your perfect daughter no matter what you call her.
In the end, after seven months of turmoil of looking for the “perfect” name for my daughter, she ended up named a name I wouldn’t have chosen (DH and DS picked it) and I’m happy with it. Because it is her name (now, her mn, I’m still on a perfect quest, so possibly I should heed my own advice! :-P) I hope the same can happen for your daughter.

(and, honestly, you REALLY don’t want to end up like us seven months later…it’s a long, complicated story how I got here, though…it still is lousy)

As a funny aside, because you mentioned [name]Eliza[/name] called her ‘Fudge’. My older son called his baby sister “Crunchy” when she was a fetus… (it rhymed with his nickname; “Munchy”- the kid eats nonstop!) He still calls her Crunchy. He says he’s going to call her that forever. I can’t wait until she’s old enough to tell him to stop calling her Crunchy! :slight_smile:

Best to you. Keep us updated.

I love both [name]Camille[/name] and [name]Milla[/name] and I think they work well with [name]Eliza[/name]. I think [name]Milla[/name] can be a nn for [name]Camille[/name] too, if you want a two-for-one.

[name]Milla[/name] [name]Eden[/name]
[name]Camille[/name] [name]Isolde[/name]
[name]Camille[/name] [name]Esme[/name]

Good luck!

I think [name]Arwen[/name] would be a gorgeous name, and it look fabulous with your daughter’s name. I also have a very soft spot for the name [name]Erin[/name], which I think is simply beautiful.

Ooh, I like [name]Milla[/name]!!! I like [name]Arwen[/name] and [name]Persephone[/name] too, but [name]Milla[/name] is the best.

i really like the previous poster’s suggestion of camille esme!

I think, with [name]Eliza[/name], you should do something relatively normal so neither of your daughters feels left out. I like [name]Camille[/name] (or [name]Camilla[/name]? nn [name]Milla[/name]…) and [name]Eden[/name]. What about [name]Eden[/name] [name]Camille[/name]?

I think [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Camille[/name] nn [name]Milla[/name] would be perfection :slight_smile:

[name]Camille[/name] [name]Esme[/name] sounds lovely to me, as does [name]Camille[/name] [name]Isolde[/name].

Good luck!

Ditto that! [name]Camille[/name] [name]Isolde[/name] is gorgeous:)

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

• [name]Charlie[/name]

[name]Camille[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] really go well together.
Here are some more names from mythology.
[name]Helen[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Athena[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Selena[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Lily[/name] is gorgeous! I agree that with a classic like [name]Eliza[/name], you don’t want to venture too far into mythology for a name for daughter #2

When I first saw this, the Greek name [name]Lydia[/name] popped into my head, as it is also a vintage classic. [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] just MATCH to me!

Others you may consider:

[name]Cassandra[/name] - “shining upon man”
[name]Daphne[/name] - “laurel”
[name]Helen[/name] - along with [name]Helena[/name], “light”
[name]Hermione[/name] - from the messenger god, [name]Hermes[/name]; “[name]Pillar[/name] [name]Queen[/name]”
[name]Irene[/name] - “peace”
[name]Phoebe[/name] - “bright, pure”

I really love [name]Helen[/name] or [name]Helena[/name] with [name]Eliza[/name], and [name]Lena[/name] and [name]Nell[/name] are such cute nicknames! [name]Hermione[/name] and [name]Irene[/name] are also interesting!

Best of luck!

Congratulations on the birth of daughter #2!

With a classic name such as [name]Eliza[/name] (which I adore, I must add) maybe consider

[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name] “[name]Rose[/name]”
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] “[name]Milly[/name]”
[name]Evelyn[/name] “[name]Evie[/name]”
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Isabella[/name]/[name]Arabella[/name] “[name]Bella[/name]”
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name] “[name]Lily[/name]”

I like [name]Arwen[/name] & [name]Isolde[/name] with [name]Elizabeth[/name] as an older sister.

good luck let us know what you decide :slight_smile:

Shes has a First name- [name]Camille[/name]. now onto the middle. :slight_smile:

[name]Lovely[/name] choice!

A few starters to think about

[name]Camille[/name] [name]Audrina[/name]
[name]Camille[/name] [name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Camille[/name] [name]Helena[/name]
[name]Camille[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Camille[/name] [name]Alexa[/name]
[name]Camille[/name] [name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Camille[/name] [name]Jacinta[/name]