Babies Due April-June 2019

I’m due [name_f]May[/name_f] 19, on two of my best friends birthdays! I’m quite young, only 18, and this is my first baby. I am quite nervous, as it was an accident and very unexpected but I’m still excited. Congrats to everyone :slight_smile:

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] ej99!

Ugh I’m so excited!!! I just started my registry! I know super early but couldn’t help myself LOL. I cannot wait til I get to have my first ultrasound on Sept.26!!! EEEeeeekk!

So this is the real reason I came here! I’m currently 7 weeks due on [name_f]May[/name_f] 2nd! First one for me, second for my boyfriend. We’re both over the moon excited!! I have my fingers crossed for a girl.

Lots of new mommy-to-be members! Congratulations to you all

@ej99 I hope you have a good support system around you. You are just becoming an adult, and this is a big responsibility. Good luck.

@bedhead, the registry is fun, especially with your first

I had another appointment today. They actually moved my due date up a week based on how big I measured at my sonogram.

This next [name_f]Monday[/name_f] I get to do the 2-hour glucose test. They want to test me early because I’ve had gestational diabetes with both previous pregnancies.

jensowvlen: It really is! When is your new due date? [name_f]Hope[/name_f] all goes well on the glucose test!

I’m only a week away from my first ultrasound!! Feeling good. Still sore breasts and occasional mild cramping that feels like AF. I think I’m almost 5 weeks based off when I ovulated. We’ll see!

@bedhead, my new due date is [name_f]April[/name_f] 7

jensowvlen: Oh wonderful!

So excited for my first ultrasound tomorrow!!!

[name_m]How[/name_m]'s everyone doing?

I always feel a sense of relief after that first ultrasound. Might know that you’re never Out of the Woods until baby’s actually born, but it should give some peace of mind.

Has anyone started thinking of names?

jenswovlen: Yeah it’s always nerve wrecking, just want baby to be healthy!

My first ultrasound went well. [name_u]Baby[/name_u] is measuring right right at 5w5d like I suspected based on when I ovulated. We saw the heart flickering away even though babe is still so tiny. The said everything looks completely normal so happy about everything!

We had our first ultrasound [name_f]Monday[/name_f] and were overwhelmed and surprised to see two little ovals on the ultrasound screen. We’re having TWINS!

Honestly, it’s a blessing but also a whole lot to take in. I imagined myself with 5 kids because that is both my favorite and lucky number, but 6 kids?! SO and I are freaking out because this means changing a whole lot of our plans, logistics and I do believe that with two infants and [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] who is nearly 2 years old I might have to leave my job as a teacher to stay home. So much to think about! Despite everything and the weirdness of this situation I have faith that we will do pretty okay and will work things out.

lailanotlilah: Wow, congratulations on TWINS!!! A double blessing. I’m sure everything will work out for good! :slight_smile:

[name_m]Just[/name_m] curious if anyone has thought about it is going to do NIPT? I know it’s mostly for higher risk pregnancies or older mothers so even if I did consider it my insurance would not pay for it. The thought of finding out the gender though almost makes paying out of pocket worth it lol

magenjewel: I thought about it just to find out gender earlier but I don’t think I can pay for that.

@lailanotlilah Oh wow! Congratulations on twins, that’s incredible! It’s a game changer I’m sure, but I’m sure you’ll work out all the details! Best wishes!

I just found out I am pregnant again. It is a surprise, especially since my last baby is 6 months old. I think I am probably due in [name_f]May[/name_f], but my first ultrasound will be this weekend. I am excited for a new addition, but the logistics of 4 kids will be challenging. We have four bedrooms, so if we want each kid to have their own bedroom we have to move. The alternative is to have the new baby and [name_f]Helena[/name_f] share a room, which we may do if this baby is a girl, but I don’t think it would work as well in the future if it is a boy. Also, the kids will probably not be able to go to the private school that [name_f]Millie[/name_f] is going to preschool at. It would have been a challenge with 3 kids, but downright undoable with 4. Worries aside, DH and I are actually really excited about this new one and the challenge they will bring!

@snowywinter I definitely wouldn’t worry about making any big decisions until after the baby is at least a year old. After all, baby can always sleep in your room in a crib or bassinet for that first year. And if you do decide not to move and if you have a boy, your boys and your girls both share a room?

It turns out I was a little further along than I expected. I am 10 weeks along, but with TWINS! I can’t believe I didn’t notice it before, but I thought I was feeling nauseous was from breastfeeding and tired from life with three kids in general. I’m not sure how to feel about two babies. I want to feel excited, but I feel so scared to have 5 kids, especially with three being so close. I am slightly panicking about the cost of college for all of them. I feel like 5 kids will make things like Disney vacations so much harder than 3. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t get me wrong, I want both of the babies and I know that as soon as I meet them I will love them, but now I can’t help but feel scared and part of me wishes there was only 1.

So as of this morning, I got a positive. I know it’s extreme early stages, so I’m not in here to announce, just to tentatively join and cross my fingers that [name_u]June[/name_u] will be the month (if I am pregnant, calculators say due date would be [name_u]June[/name_u] 19).

I hope that in the coming weeks I’ll be here more!