Babies Due April-June 2020

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] @zibby and @bexbox so nice to see this thread getting busier!

I also got to see my little one for the first time yesterday and my dd is confirmed as 7th [name_f]April[/name_f]! Was so lovely and reassuring to see a healthy, wriggly baby on that screen!

Thanks for the welcome scillyellie! What a beautiful little ultrasound! Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

I’ve had a couple of scans when bebe was a blob :smiley: but have a 12 week scan on Friday - can’t wait!

A big and warm hello to all of the newcomer expectant mamas! @bexbox, @coccinella, @barelyhailey I have added you to the due dates master list in the first thread post. @[name_f]Zibby[/name_f], what’s your due date so I can add you too?

Well, I’m going on 13 weeks now, morning sickness ended up being a bit of a nightmare and the fatigue too, especially having to run around [name_u]Rue[/name_u] and [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] who are as hyper as ever. [name_f]Willa[/name_f] is walking and climbing the stairs like a champ and for all that she is quiet she is a sneaky menace, lol. Luckily the vomit and nausea seems to be over now, though the fatigue persists as well as a bit of heartburn, so I’m currently avoiding more sour and acid foods.

I’ve been away for a while because we’ve been slowly getting the hang of the older kids’ school and extracurricular schedules, and now I feel like I can breathe a little better. Husband was promoted at work which is something to celebrate as it translates to raise and he’ll be able to work from home once a week, which should help me with a bit of the load. I’ve taken on a few of my old university students to advise with their master’s thesis and that’s fun, it means I have to read about grown-up stuff and have something to do other than childcare and housework though it’s completely pro-bono as I’m not the titular advisor, it’s more a personal and informal arrangement. I really miss working and teaching, so hopefully when this baby is a little bigger I’ll find a way to go back to the lecture halls and classrooms even if just parttime.

All in all, the baby is thriving and growing as should be, the heartbeat is good and the tests were all good, nothing to worry about which I’m thankful for. We have scheduled the anatomy test for [name_u]November[/name_u] 15th so that is something to look forward to. The kids along with their friends and some family members have a bet going on, 5 votes for girl and 12 votes for boy… My husband said he dreamt that baby was a boy, but I have no strong feelings either way yet.

What about you ladies? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have a stronger preference in terms of baby’s sex or is your intuition telling you anything?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m], I’ve been AWOL for a while but things are still great! Although my due date has changed since my 12 week scan, I’m due 11th [name_f]April[/name_f] now if possible to change in the OP. :slight_smile: [name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to all the newcomers!

My scan was last week and it went great, baby is healthy and my blood test results came back this morning and I’m low risk for Down’s, [name_m]Edward[/name_m]'s and Patau’s. So all great overall. My anatomy scan is on 29th [name_u]November[/name_u], which really isn’t that far off at all! I am hoping for a girl but I think it’s a boy lol. I have a cold which is making me miserable but I think my nausea is starting to (finally) lighten up a little, although I feel out of whack being ill anyway so we’ll find out when my cold clears up. It’s wearing me out even more, especially because all I’ve been taking is Soothers for my cough and Lucozade when I feel crappy. I don’t really want to take paracetamol so I am trying to power through with nothing but Olbas oil. Oh well!

Has anyone bought anything yet? All I’ve got is a “hello - I’m new here!” baby grow which I bought just after I had my scan, and my friend is posting me an electric pump but nothing else yet. I’ll be 14 weeks on [name_m]Saturday[/name_m] so I think I can start, but I don’t know if it’s too early to be getting stuff. The big stuff is gonna wait until after [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] because money is tight, but I want to get everything else done ASAP.

Hello! I’ve been very busy as exams are coming up next month (unfortunately) so between school, work and baby I haven’t had much time to myself. Trying to stay optimistic though! I signed up for this :slight_smile: My scan will be on Oct 18 when I am exactly 12 weeks.

We aren’t really fussed on the baby’s gender but I’m pretty sure my fiancé is hoping for a girl as that is what his intuition is telling him. We haven’t bought anything yet actually because we’re not sure where to start, but we have received a few gifts from friends! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the welcome!

@lovelace, I’m due [name_u]June[/name_u] the 1st, but it’s yet to be confirmed!

Hey all! We are having twins!! They are dichorionic diamniotic which means they are completely separated and have their own placentas and amniotic sacs, etc. Both look fine and healthy! So incredibly happy!! :slight_smile:

That is some huge news, congrats!!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] ladies,

Coming to join you at 14.1 weeks and due 19th of [name_f]April[/name_f]. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] pregnancy is treating you all well and looking forwards to sharing this ride with you all.

[name_f]Anna[/name_f]

@anna3891, welcome!

@eireann, thank you so much! I’m still in shock haha :slight_smile:

My anatomy scan is scheduled for [name_u]December[/name_u] 13. I’ve been feeling fine except for the fact that I pee A LOT. (TMI?? sorry!!) I also get a some bouts of nausea here and there but not that major compared to what I experienced in the early first trimester. I’m really thankful that this pregnancy has been really smooth so far because apparently my cousin (who is a bit older than me but had a baby at my age) was getting really sick and had to defer uni for a year. I’ll be out of uni by the time bubs are born, but I did want to do postgraduate work so I guess that’ll have to wait lmao. Also! It’s obvious now that I’m pregnant, probably because it’s getting warmer and therefore harder for me to hide under layers haha :slight_smile:

I’ve been AWOL because the site wouldnt load for me but it seems to be working again. We officially announced on Friday at 13 weeks. [name_m]New[/name_m] due date is [name_f]May[/name_f] 8th. And I might be crazy but I swear I’ve felt the baby move

So first thing this morning I went in for the anatomy scan with the husband and his hunch was absolutely… WRONG! Our baby is a girl instead of the boy he was certain it would be. We have a long road ahead of us in terms of naming, as our boy options were already set in stone, but girls the complete opposite. We’re announcing to everyone else with a gender reveal cake on Thanksgiving, especially since everyone voted and was invested in knowing, this being our last child. Looking forward to that!

This group is running a bit slow… [name_m]How[/name_m] are you other mamas?

Hello everyone! I’m afraid I have been favouring the made for mums forums recently as there is a really bust due [name_f]April[/name_f] 2020 group and its pretty quiet here!

Congratulations on your little girl @lovelace !!

I had my anatomy scan today and I am also expecting a little girl! A real surprise as my partner has had three boys so far! Like you, I’m totally stumped with names though. A boy was probably going to be [name_m]Etienne[/name_m]… but a girl!?

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] everyone else is doing well?

E x

It’s so quiet here! Congrats on those who’ve found out what they’re having. :slight_smile:

My 20 week (well, 20 weeks and 6 days!) scan was today but baby didn’t cooperate. They got a few measurements but the ultrasound was super unclear so I’m having to go back in 2 weeks (Friday the 13th…) and get the other measurements done! I could see the lil heart bleeping away but couldn’t really make out much else, it was so unclear lol. I asked if she could figure out the gender and she said no, but because she couldn’t see anything, she said her best guess was girl but they’ll look again for me next time. I’m bummed, I was so hoping to find out today, but 2 weeks isn’t that far away I suppose. We have our boy name set but not 100% on girls so it’s typical if it is a girl, lol!

congratulations everyone :slight_smile:

so many girls! funny because we are expecting two boys—baby a and b are both boys, but are not identical. fiancé was so certain we would have one of each that he somehow convinced me as well, so we had a boy’s name and a girl’s name (almost) picked out. we couldn’t settle on the girl’s name though so at least we won’t have to name a girl ?!?!

Congratulations on your twin boys! I’m sure they will be the best of friends :slight_smile: I can’t remember if these are your first or they’re joining older siblings?

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] everyone is doing well. Pregnancy is going very slowly and I’m feeling impatient… Need to ban myself from e[name_u]Bay[/name_u] as I’ve gone a bit made on summery dresses/dungarees/jumpsuits!

E x

I found out I’m having a baby boy yesterday! I had my rescan (I’m 23+1 now) and there’s no denying it’s a boy, they couldn’t get between the legs at the previous scan but they managed to this time and it was right there lol. The name is going to be [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] and I am so excited now. It feels more real and I am beginning to feel connected to this baby, whereas beforehand I didn’t really feel as such. My placenta is anterior so movement isn’t strong but I can feel him moving about in there and have felt kicks. I just can’t wait until [name_f]April[/name_f] now! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] everyone’s well.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]. I’m actually due in [name_u]July[/name_u] but this seems to be the last due date group for 2020 so I didn’t know where else to post. I’m 11 weeks on [name_m]Saturday[/name_m] due with my fourth. Im looking forward to getting to know you all on this pregnancy journey

@scillyellie yes they are my first! :slight_smile:

@eireann congrats! reuben is an adorable name!

@enchantingdragon - congratulations! i think you could just make a new thread for july-september? those are pretty popular (common?) birth months so it’s surprising that there hasn’t been a thread yet!

hope everyone is well! happy new year’s <3

Hello all the way from [name_u]Sweden[/name_u]! It’s exciting to share this pregnancy experience with all of you :slight_smile: I am due [name_f]April[/name_f] 14th and it will be our first child. We are not planning to find out the gender beforehand so we are busy working on namelists, which is kind of crazy enough lol. I hope everyone is doing well.