Babies due April-June 2021

25W1D today and I’m feeling pretty good overall. In some ways I feel like this pregnancy has been easier in the 2nd trimester because with my 1st I had CRAZY heartburn and SPD that started early on and lasted til the very end. This pregnancy I started feeling exactly the same as with my first, same 1st trimester nausea but minimal heartburn and SPD so far and what a difference it has made!

In regards to a baby sprinkle, I know a few people that have done a drive by shower. Mom just sits outside and everyone drives by and drops off a gift. I think that could be nice if a family member or friend can coordinate that.

This is my 2nd girl and they will be only 23 months apart so I have most things that I need and our families have said they can help out a little to get some extra items we might need so that will be helpful. I don’t think we’ll do a shower or anything though. I still created a small registry to be able to have a list and checkmark what we need.

We have a dog and during my 1st pregnancy I would occasionally play baby sounds so he could get familiarized with them. Then when I was in the hospital my husband left to go take him baby’s hat so he could sniff it before we got home. [name_f]My[/name_f] dog’s been good with her so far, he’s just a nutcase that’s more interested with being outside chasing things (hunting breed).

2 Likes

I’m 20+2 already. It’s going so fast, I can’t believe I’m halfway done. I think I’ve felt some movement, but it’s sporadic and so inconsistent I’m not completely sure. I think with my others I had for sure by now, with more regularity, so maybe this baby is positioned a bit differently. I’m anxiously awaiting my Anatomy Scan next week and looking forward to finding out who is in there! [name_f]My[/name_f] oldest says boy, my middle insists girl–so it’s a win-win for somebody, lol. Have been feeling pretty good and been especially productive the last few weeks, still get light headed occasionally and have had more headaches than with the others, but I believe my blood pressure is at the very low end of normal, so maybe that’s contributing? I’ve had a growth spurt this week and am feeling a lot more aware of my stomach, so it’s a bit more real now. I’ve also begun cramping the last few nights, which has been typical with each pregnancy, so that’s been forcing me to slow down a bit once I get everyone to bed. It’s been a lot easier than my last pregnancy for sure though, hopefully this honeymoon phase lasts a bit longer, as I always suffer toward the end!

4 Likes

25.5wks here… Feeling just soooo done. Dunno about you guys, but I literally feel more healthy and well-rested during even the newborn stage. Ie when my own body isn’t the problem.

This baby is/has been in a much comfier spot than my last kid, who aaaalways insisted on nestling up right in my rib cage (head on the right side, kicks on the left) no matter how many times I nudged her aaanywhere else. First baby did this lateral barrel rolls / body flops that would feel like ‘ker-plunk’ on my end. During the antomy scans, she was basically doing mountain climbers / swimming in place the entire time. Had to do three different u/s appts bc of how much she moved each time.

This baby was super amenable for the level 2 scan and basically was just cuddling w the placenta like a pillow (cute? gross? Not sure) the entire time. Her kicks are much, muuuuch softer, and always in a lower and waaaay more comfortable spot. So that’s nice. I’ll take what silver linings I can find! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@LynnG I think we are almost due date buddies! 101 days and counting down. It feels like I have been pregnant forever but also like there is still so much to do to get ready and time is winding down. But then I come home from work and end up taking a nap because I think I completely skipped that supposed 2nd trimester energy burst.

She was totally in my right side yesterday and kicking away at my ribs. It didn’t hurt exactly but definitely the strongest kicks so far!

1 Like

@LaurenAlexis - ooooh cool. Mid-late [name_f]April[/name_f]?

Those rib kicks, man. I’d be happy to skip them entirely this pregnancy if that’s how the dice end up landing. Did not love them.

Are u in US/UK/other?

@LynnG [name_f]April[/name_f] 30! Really hoping to not go into [name_f]May[/name_f] although I know it’s very possible, but [name_f]April[/name_f] is my due month lol

I’m in the US (rural midwest)! What about you?

2 Likes

Nice! I’ll schedule my csection probably somewhere in the Apr 15 - 25 timeframe? OR calendars for April arent open yet. I know the docs want me to deliver before the 39wk mark for health reasons. The EDD was moved back 1 week early on to like Apr 29 (but then the next wk, I was “measuring almost 1 wk ahead” … “due dates,” SIGH). Whole thing stresses me out a lil, so I try to not dwell on it. Date will just be whenever we schedule it for!

Eastern Coast US here.

How’s the name game going? Still leaning towards Perry? @LaurenAlexis

We have our anatomy scan scheduled for tomorrow, we’ll finally figure out who’s in there! So far all our testing and growth has come back normal, so trying not to get my self too worked up, the anatomy scan always makes me excited but also nervous.

This little babe is much more active then my first, who I didn’t feel until 22/23 weeks (something like that) I started feeling little kicks and bubbles super early around 13 weeks ish. But it’s just starting to get regular where I’m feeling little one move daily, which is always nice

3 Likes

@LynnG Naming took us a while! Mostly me reading lists to hubby and him saying either no or would be okay . We ended up going in a completely different direction and her name will be [name_f]Caledonia[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Callie[/name_f] for short. I found [name_f]Caledonia[/name_f] on a badass princess names list and he said that is a cool name!

Are you still liking [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]?

It will be good when you have your c-section date scheduled! [name_f]My[/name_f] mom keeps telling me how she went to 42 weeks with both my sister and I, but I want to have this baby before my [name_f]May[/name_f] 8 birthday!

1 Like

@LaurenAlexis Nice! A little baby Callie :heart: so sweet !

Quinn - yep! Ultimately, it just made me happier to think about, hanging out with a little newborn named Quinn. Felt just a tad bit edgier, spunkier than our previously agreed upon name of Claire, which we obviously love (or else it wouldn’t have been picked in the first place!). Also, we can call her Q for short! Hubster doesn’t want to officially announce, I think mostly bc he [wisely] wants to save himself the headache from me reacting to rude things ppl will undoubtedly say when they learn a name before the baby is born. Can’t really blame him, there!

Most OBs today won’t let folks even go to 42 wks, so I wouldnt worry about going that long! Worth a convo w your OB re their comfort levels at different points of post-term. Also, you may not take after your mom at all in terms of pregnancy/labor at all – I certainly don’t! Couldnt have more different experiences/reactions/body responses. (And no, Im not adopted, Im sure heh). If you have any aunts (including maternal aunts) who have given birth, they’d be good to ask too! Might end up having a similar experience as one of them.

2 Likes

April 30 here too and also seriously hoping and praying I go into labor on my own before then otherwise I’ll probably just ask to be induced on 4/30.

1 Like

I hope your pregnancy is okay. :slight_smile:

@LynnG I think [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] is precious! :heart:

We told family our name choice around [name_u]Christmas[/name_u], and so far we’ve just had positive reactions. [name_f]My[/name_f] grandma’s health is not the best and this will be her first great-grandchild, so I wanted to tell her as soon as we decided!

I did talk to my midwife about wanting to have this baby before my birthday and she was very reassuring. She said she rarely has any patients go past 41 weeks because ultrasound dating is much more accurate now. [name_f]My[/name_f] mom didn’t have an ultrasounds at all for me and only one in the 2nd trimester for my younger sister.

@bedhead1 Yay due date buddies! I’m not sure how I feel about being medically induced yet, hoping it doesn’t come to that. But once I get to 37 weeks I plan to try all the natural things that I can to get my body going!

2 Likes

Same! I want to try to do all the natural things to encourage labor. I’ve been using the birth ball for a while now and I think that helps. I chose to get induced with my first at 40W5D. I was just so ready. Everything went really well but I would absolutely love to experience spontaneous labor.

@LynnG I did NOT feel more healthy and well-rested with the newborn phase, not with my first, anyway! [name_m]Born[/name_m] super-skinny and trouble latching/feeding, so had 6 weeks of “triple feeding” - struggling to wake her, trying to latch her, topping her up with expressed milk from a cup, struggling tonget her back to sleep, pumping, washing and sanitising everything, and then struggling to get 60-90 mins sleep myself before I’d have to waker her again. All after a somewhat traumatic birth. So scared I’ll have the same problems this time around :grimacing:

Sorry to here you’re struggling though :disappointed:

I’m feeling pretty good at the moment. Have exhausted days, esp if I miss a multivitamin, and the morning sickness lasted till 18 weeks this pregnancy which was horrendous. But on the whole things feel good so far, very minor pain at times on my pubic bone but nothing like the SPD I had last time making rolling over in bed absolute agony.

@LynnG and @LaurenAlexis [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] and [name_f]Callie[/name_f] are such gorgeous names! I’ve started calling baby [name_m]Casper[/name_m] all the time, as we didn’t have a nickname like we did for our first - quite a ‘c’ sound theme going on!

2 Likes

@bedhead1 I’m thinking about ordering a birth ball soon!

Glad you had a good experience with your first! I’ve been reading lots of birth stories online and bought an online class since all the in person classes at my hospital were canceled.

It’s good to hear positive stories! [name_f]My[/name_f] mother-in-law had a terrible experience (like literally almost dying level terrible) which she seemed to think now would be a good time to share with me. :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

It’s so great for your hips, lower back and pelvis! I got mine off Amazon with my first and I’m still using it now. This video has great tips for what to do on it.

Also, I never took any classes with my first but I watched this really informative 3 part video of a midwife explaining labor and it helped me feel more confident going in which I think helped me get through a pain med free induction.

1 Like

@bedhead1 Thanks for sharing these videos!

1 Like

@Kiriko sorry to hear that that was your experience the first time 'round. Everything you went through, all the experience of what worked, didn’t worked, possible alterations… All of those are tools in your toolkit for making the second time 'round work better for you! You got this!!

The whole pregnancy, birth, and even after the birth because of pregnancy … [wooo getting readmitted for almost a week of emergency stroke prevention treatment, the same week I was discharged after c-section…] … Ooof it was just one traumatic crisis, one after the other, with really little-to-no available CHOICES.

Once the pregnancy was over, there were sooooo many different caretaking styles, methods, and decisions suddenly available… in other words, CHOICES! Given how terribly my body reacts to pregnancy, it was really nice to be not feel so taken hostage by my own body. (The hormone adjustment was a bit of a doozy, but all in all rather quick, esp compared to the length of pregnancy!)

And my partner in crime could help sooo much more once the baby existed outside of my body ! We could divide and conquer, trade off tasks, take turns sleeping, etc. (The last 3 or so months of pregnancy, I was getting two separate 60-min chunks of sleep per night on a good night, and usually waking up with acid reflux in my mouth…) There’s only so much someone can do to help when the enemy is your own body, all the time, full time, 24/7. :frowning:

Postpartum, despite needing 6+ hrs of intensive physical therapy/wk, oh man we went eeeverywhere and did everything. After several hospitalizations, surgeries, near-death experiences, severe medication withdrawals, and months of bedrest, I was determined to “take back” life. We went to lots of beaches including some in parts of the country we’d never been to, we went vineyarding, we visited zoos and aquariums, we took long roadtrips to see family and historic monuments, singing our favorite songs along the way. I’m not sure how much of that will be safe to do amid the pandemic, but I’m sure we will find a way to make the time fun, safe, and memorable one way or another!

1 Like

Oh crap, I forgot about the reflux. Trying to sleep propped up on pillows, living off gaviscon, and then with the SPD being so painful too. I don’t remember when it all started for me last time though, so not sure if this pregnancy is easier or it’s just that it’ll all hit me in a couple weeks or so! I think school holidays has really helped - last time the running around after 5 yr olds and playground duties and getting up and down off the mat was probably pretty hard on my body. Thankfully I’m a damn good sleeper and would always find a way.

Sorry you had so little choice last time round, and such a horrid time with getting re-admitted and stuff. I FELT like I had choice… did I want birthing centre or hospital, etc. But in reality I guess a lot of that got taken from me and it had to be hospital and I had to be induced. I guess I did have choice in the newborn phase, but I wanted to breastfeed so badly that it didn’t feel like an option, just a massive source of stress. And all the other parenting options… I just felt so clueless that I was bumbling through in survival mode!

But yes at least I know what’s coming this time! Not sure how to tell my partner I kinda want to spend $250 on a wahakura when we’ve got a perfectly good bassinet though. But the incessant exhausting rocking and lullabies did my head in.

2 Likes