Babies due January-March 2021

Finally had a midwife checkup yesterday after waiting what seemed like forever after having covid. It had been about 5 weeks since seeing the midwife and last check up baby was breech. After doing to spinning babies exercises, confirmed with a quick ultrasound check that baby is head down! Such a relief. I also feel like the baby has dropped lower because I can take full breaths now and my waddle walk has gotten wider. :laughing: Weā€™re still deciding wether to have my 4 year old present at the birth. If we do want him there, my mother in law would need to come to watch him. This could be a little complicated because we live 1 hr 20min from my birthing center. [name_f]My[/name_f] birthing center requires 1 caretaker specifically for the child besides the spouse of the birthing mama. Anyone had a toddler present with previous births? How did it go? [name_f]My[/name_f] first instinct is to have him there, he has been so excited about the baby.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s such good news!

I never even considered having my older sons present. I donā€™t think itā€™s even possible at our hospital. It would be a bad idea for Hjƶrtur anyway, heā€™d just get upset. And [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] is practically a baby himself.

Ooh exciting to know that baby is now behaving. Good luck making your decision. Friends who have had Home births have loved having their kids nearby even though it wouldnā€™t be for me even if I didnā€™t have difficult births!

Hope everyone is having a relaxing and happy festive season.

I had my appointment last week and as I have suspected all along my placenta issues started showing again. Although not too bad at the moment, my [name_u]Doctor[/name_u] reckoned Iā€™ll be lucky to make it to first half of [name_u]February[/name_u]. Iā€™m still really holding out for mid [name_u]February[/name_u] as Iā€™m worried about having to go in the special care unit. I have really tiny babies so the only way I see us avoiding this is if we make it to 37 weeks as with the other three. Also DD2s Birthday is on 13th Feb and I really want to be home for that (without worrying about a baby alone in hospital during what will probably be an extended hard lockdown)

@JadeLinnell [name_m]Just[/name_m] wanted to say that I had my oldest, who was 18 months at the time, present at the hospital birth of his brother. His father watched him, I birthed with an epidural so as not to scare him (and after no epidural with my last baby and no kids present, probably the right decision for me at the time). It was really lovely having him there. He sat in his stroller halfway across the room while his father was by my side during the pushing and didnā€™t care one bit. It was really special being able to introduce them minutes after the baby was born and they are now inseparable, best friends. I wish I could have had them both there last time, but I went into labor late at night. The plan was for them to be there by the end (we figured in the morning), but baby came really fast, so I ended up on my own. I think itā€™s a very personal decision, but I loved it.

Sorry for butting in to your thread - and so sorry to hear youā€™re going through this again. Fingers crossed you make it to/past mid-feb!

I was just wondering how you cope with worry or the emotional side of things? Iā€™m 23+2 today, which is about the time I think I noticed a reduction in movement with my daughter, which I feel as though could be happening again despite being on low dose aspirin this time. [name_f]My[/name_f] hospital appt isnā€™t until Iā€™m 29+5, feels like FOREVER away. :pensive:

You should always go and get checked up if you are worried about a reduction in movements.

My midwife said sheā€™d rather see me every week have a quick chat and check over the [name_u]Baby[/name_u] than me stay home and we miss something. Iā€™ve not needed to as this baby is super active. [name_f]My[/name_f] doctor calls her Tanzmaus (Dancing Mouse) because she moves so much during scans. But it feels good to know if I want to see my midwife I just need to call her. Iā€˜m sure your healthcare professionals feel the same.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Yes definitely go and get checked if youā€™re worried about reduced movements. I was told theyā€™d rather see me regularly and it always be fine than something be wrong and I not call.

Anyone else permanently on the toilet these days? Iā€™m 37+4 and for the last few nights Iā€™ve gone from waking once in the night for the loo to three or four times, which Iā€™m assuming is due to babyā€™s positioning changing.

@Kiriko like the others said, itā€™s always best to have it checked. When I was pregnant with [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] I went in several times because I was worried. It was mostly because my anxiety was very bad at the time, but they never were anything but nice to me and checked my baby every time. And talk to someone, a professional, about your worries, if at all possible. It will help you cope with the emotional side of things.

My little boys are doing very well, if they keep it up weā€™ll be taking them home on [name_m]Thursday[/name_m]. Thatā€™s only two more days! I canā€™t wait to have them home, but itā€™s completely terrifying as well. When we told Hjƶrtur yesterday he jumped around the house for the next hour, he was so excited. Weā€™ve tried to prepare [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] as best we could, but his brothers staying in the NICU for several weeks and him not being able to visit them has definitely complicated things, I think. It would have been so much better if heā€™d already had the chance to meet his little brothers before suddenly dropping them into his house (at least thatā€™s how it will feel for him).

3 Likes

@standardcrow @SoJoCo @Rosebeth - Thank you! Iā€™ve got a midwife appt in early [name_u]Jan[/name_u] so I think what Iā€™ll do is ask my midwife for a growth scan for 28 weeks, so Iā€™ve got that knowledge just a wee bit earlier.

@Rosebeth so exciting about them coming home!

3 Likes

@Kiriko [name_f]Glad[/name_f] to hear youā€™ve got an appointment soon. [name_m]Just[/name_m] as others said, itā€™s always better to ask even if youā€™re just a little concerned. Keep us posted for the scan!

@Rosebeth How wonderful! Praying the transition home goes as smoothly as possible. So happy to hear they are thriving!

Iā€™ve got my midwife appointment today, Iā€™m going weekly now. Makes for a long day since itā€™s 1hr 20min each way, but to me itā€™s worth it being with the same midwife as my first birth.

@SoJoCo I hear you! Iā€™m 37+1 today and the last week or so Iā€™ve woken so much more. And then not being able to fall back asleep with a mind racing of thoughts of my to-do list for baby. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband has a long weekend for the holiday this week, hoping to cross some of those things off so I can feel more prepared. I have a combination of nesting instincts and anxiety lately. I just have a feeling this baby is not going to be 2 weeks late like my first pregnancy.

38+3, midwife has said baby is measuring up a bit small by fundal height so Iā€™ve been referred for another growth scan. Hopefully nothing to worry about but does mean Iā€™ve got to go out, hubby and I had planned to quarantine ourselves best we could until labour to avoid the chance of me giving birth while ill/ him getting Covid and not being allowed in

1 Like

Hi everyone. Iā€™m 33 weeks today. Feeling lonely from the shutdown orders plus Iā€™ve been a ball of anxiety since my last appointment which was on [name_u]New[/name_u] Years [name_f]Eve[/name_f]. Because of various factors, my doctor said the baby could be born anywhere from 34-37 weeks, and sheā€™d be surprised if I went past 37 weeks. I shouldnā€™t have been too surprised, my daughter was three weeks early from her due date, but 34 weeks seems so early and so soon! Iā€™m going to stay with my in-laws to be closer to the hospital while we wait, but what if the doctor is wrong and Iā€™m there for 4 weeks for no reason? Ugh, I know everything will be fine in the end but I dislike the unpredictably of it all.

1 Like

Iā€™m so sorry things are hard for you. I understand itā€™s all rather scary, but my boys were born at 32 weeks + 2 days and theyā€™re doing fine. It can be overwhelming when things donā€™t turn out the way you wanted them to or how you planned them, but babies donā€™t seem to care about that :wink: I wish you the best of luck with all of it.

2 Likes

@SoJoCo Hoping all goes well with the scan! Keep us posted.

@crkohring What a brave bunch we all are being pregnant at such a strange and difficult time in the world. Being pregnant is a challenge enough. Keeping you in my thoughts,Iā€™m sure it will all be ok. [name_f]Do[/name_f] what you feel is best.

@Rosebeth [name_f]Glad[/name_f] to hear your boys are well! You are so right, just like how babies are born on their birthdays and not due dates, birth plans are so often just an idea of what weā€™d ideally want and babies have their own plans for sure.

Iā€™m 38+2 today. Had a midwife check in yesterday, babe is in a good position and all is well. Since my first labor was so long and I went to 42 weeks, starting next week I am going to begin all the natural labor inducing tips I can think/read of. Anyone have any proven ones? Iā€™m going to try [name_u]Red[/name_u] raspberry leaf tea,pineapple,accupessure,[name_u]Miles[/name_u] Circuit exercises and sex. Not going to 42 weeks again, hopefully. Although, if babe was born 1 day after due date itā€™s birthday would be 1/21/21 :smile:

1 Like

I feel for you! All mine came at 37 weeks and I have been given a similar prognosis for this baby of any time from now (31 weeks) to 36 weeks is most likely. Itā€™s very worrying and Iā€™m still hoping for 37! I am almost certain now this is going to be a lockdown baby as the earliest they will lift our lockdown is [name_u]February[/name_u] but with current numbers I see [name_f]April[/name_f] more likely :frowning:

All went well at the scan thankfully, baby seems to be a pretty normal size. Hit the 39 weeks mark now and just playing the waiting game - been offered a stretch and sweep on 40 if no sign by then.

@jadelinnell Iā€™ve got one of those repetitive number birthdays as well, theyā€™re great fun to fill out on a form even as an adult :joy:

3 Likes

C Section booked for 18th Feb (37 weeks and 1 day)ā€¦ Exciting!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s great youā€™ve got a date @standardcrow!

No sign of baby here yet at 39+4, but Iā€™ve been feeling more BH and other movements today and yesterday so feel like it might not be too long now. [name_m]Just[/name_m] hoping baby is considerate of the supermarket delivery weā€™ve got arriving in a couple of days - not easy to get a slot! Been in a self-imposed isolation since new year because of the high Covid rates in our area and if hubby catches it he canā€™t be at the birth, heā€™s able to WFH as was I before going on maternity leave so not a problem there.

2 Likes

@standardcrow Feb 18th is my DH birthday! Great day! Thatā€™s exciting :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Iā€™m 39 weeks tomorrow. [name_u]Baby[/name_u] feels SO LOW and Iā€™ve been having alot of pelvic pressure. Iā€™ve been squatting every chance I get and continuing to do spinning babies exercises to keep babe in the ideal position. Not much sleep happening lately. I get up 2-3 times to go pee.

@SoJoCo Hoping you all stay healthy and safe!

1 Like

Itā€™s so strange to see that youā€™re all looking forward to your babies so much, while my boys are 5 weeks old already, and would normally only be due in 2,5 weeks. But strange in a good way :slightly_smiling_face: [name_m]Just[/name_m] weird to think how different things have turned out for us and what an emotional rollercoaster the last few months have been.

Wishing you all the best of luck! :yellow_heart:

3 Likes