Babies due January-March 2021

@Rosebeth Yeah, I try to remind myself that the most important thing is that the baby’ll be happy and healthy. And I do think our families will be supportive! [name_f]My[/name_f] parents where older when they had me and my siblings and always wondered if they would be along for long enough to have a relationship to their grandchildren similar to that my siblings and I have had to ours, and now they will!! [name_f]My[/name_f] boyfriends parents are a tad more traditional however, so I prepare to get some questions about when we’re planning on getting married and such.

Hello! I found out late this week that I am expecting my first child, due in [name_u]March[/name_u] 2021! I did ICI with donor sperm, as I am a single mom by choice. Miraculously, I got pregnant on my first cycle! I am so excited to be on this journey.

4 Likes

@K_rassy13 [name_f]Welcome[/name_f]! So glad to read your good news.

@Sarah1989 I hope it will help.
We’ve decided to find out the gender. We’re expecting the results of the blood test tomorrow. But that won’t tell us the gender of both babies unless they’re both girls. So basically, for now we’ll just find out if at least one of the babies is a boy. If it is, then we’ll have to wait for the ultrasound around 20 weeks to be sure, if the babies are in the right position to see it.
[name_m]Don[/name_m]'t get me started on the two names thing :roll_eyes: :sweat_smile: [name_m]Even[/name_m] before I got pregnant we’d chosen a first name for a boy and a girl, so I’m just hoping it’s one of each :joy:

2 Likes

FTM at 8+2 weeks here. I’m worried, I’m excited, and I can’t wait to hear the heartbeat at our first in-person appointment!

@K_rassy13 Congratulations! [name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to the group.

Got my 12 (well, nearly 13) week scan in a few days, bit nervous as I’m supposed to drink a load of water an hour beforehand then have a 20 min walk to the hospital. [name_f]My[/name_f] bladder isn’t great at holding out at the minute and I’m worried the desperation of needing a wee is going to be somewhat distracting. Still excited to see my little one for the first time though, and hubby is allowed to attend too which is good.

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] @K_rassy13 and @Justverytierd! Congratulations to both of you!

@Rosebeth congratulations on the twins! That is certainly shocking news and it’s understandable you need some adjustment time. Hopefully as it sinks in, it will become more exciting and less terrifying :slight_smile:

We got the results of the blood test today. Everything seems normal, so that’s a relief. We now also know it’s either a boy and a girl or two boys.

3 Likes

Thank you for the welcome, everyone!

Congratulations on the twins @Rosebeth. :blush:

Well. The worst has happened. I lost the baby this morning. It was very early, so it was a chemical pregnancy miscarriage but…I am emotionally drained.

I’m so sorry that’s happened, such an terrible loss for anyone to go through. I hope you are able to recover well from this awful occurrence and rest up.

1 Like

I’m staying off my feet as much as possible. I feel horribly dragged down when I’m up.

So sorry to hear that, @K_rassy13. Sending best wishes your way.

I had come on to share good news as I had my first scan this morning - one baby, all seemed ok.

So sorry for you. Sending love and prayers. :heart:

@K_rassy13 I’m so sorry. You’ll be in my prayers.

@SoJoCo glad everything is ok with you.

@Sarah1989 That’s great! I’m still struggling with morning sickness, but it doesn’t last as long anymore. I hope it will get much better soon.

I told the head of my department at work that I’m expecting twins and won’t be able to work as long as I’d hoped. He was very understanding and we’ll be having a meeting later this week to find a solution for my patients, especially in case I have to stop working unexpectedly at some point. This is the only consequence of my pregnancy I really hate, leaving my patients. I know my co-workers will do fine, that’s not the point, but with some of them it takes ages for them to open up to someone, and now they’ll have to get used to someone else again.

@Sarah1989 That’s great to hear! [name_f]My[/name_f] nausea is subsiding too, I’m feeling like my first trimester battle is nearly over.

Told my parents about the baby and they’re super excited for their first grandchild! Already had babysitting offers and bump’s not even due until next year!

@SoJoCo That’s lovely! We told our parents too, after we found out we’re having twins. [name_f]My[/name_f] dad is very happy for us. He also loves the fact we’re having twins, he always says having twins himself was the best thing that ever happened to him. [name_f]My[/name_f] in-laws were very excited too. [name_f]My[/name_f] mother and stepfather not so much. No surprises there, but it still kind of hurts.

Aww :disappointed: That’s so sad. I’m sorry that they’re not happy for you. What a downer at a happy time. :disappointed:

Just when I was starting to feel a little more energy and less nausea, this morning I passed out at the dining room table. Thankfully my 3yo son was there to bring me water and a snack, poor guy was so worried. [name_f]My[/name_f] midwives office happened to be having a power outage this morning. Finally got ahold of a nurse on call at the hospital, she said it’s common to have dizziness and fainting around this time in pregnancy (I’m 13 weeks) because of increased progesterone and lowered blood pressure. She advised me to take it slow and dont get up too fast, so I’m resting today.

@_thelittlefairywren Thanks. I like to think my mother means well, but my stepfather just isn’t a very good person. And my mother always seems to agree with him. I should be used to it by now, but she’s my mother… I just wish she’d stand up to him for once.

@JadeLinnell Oh my… That must have been quite scary for the both of you. Good thing your son reacted so well. He sounds like a smart kid. When I was pregnant with [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] I fainted a few times too and was pretty dizzy until halfway through my pregnancy, so the nurse was right that it isn’t uncommon. You should definitely try and take things slowly.

2 Likes