Babies due July-Sept 2020

@ekgiffen- [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Orion[/name_u] IS cute, but I do know an adult [name_u]Orion[/name_u] and think it’s an unexpected but still familiar choice for a first name. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t give up too easily if you love it!

@ekgiffen The Valyria reference is fairly obscure and likely one only the book people would make.

Oh my I dropped off the face of the planet and came back to 3 whole pages of posts! I need to go back and reread to catch up now!

Im [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f] by the way and I started this thread so Im woefully embarrassed at my lack of response in it!

DotDraper especially Im so sorry I wasnt ignoring you. I was waiting so long for my post to pop up and then it came twice and I was locked out for a bit so yeah a few bumps. Let me catch up now!

Nice to meet you all!

@ekgiffen - I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Orion[/name_u]. What a great combo.

@dotdraper - I’m a little late with checking back into this thread, but congratulations on finding out that you have a [name_u]Baby[/name_u] [name_f]Bea[/name_f]!

Fingers crossed, we’ll know the gender next week! DH is convinced that it’s a girl, because this pregnancy has been so different and more difficult than my last and, in his words, “only a daughter could cause so much stress so early.” Something tells me that he’s wrong, but needless to say, I’m excited to find out!

Thank you, @hollyrow. We’re excited to have another darling girl.

I am starting to second guess my perfect name, and I wonder if my fellow name nerds have thoughts on [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_f]Lilac[/name_f]? Strangely, I’m not worried about it being over the top… that’s kind of what I’m going for, LOL. I’m worried that [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] slides into [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] slides into [name_f]Lilac[/name_f]. Are the soft Cs and Ls bad? Should I consider [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] for more variation in sounds? (Middle initial C is meaningful, [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] is meaningful.) Am I overthinking a name I love? Most of the time she’ll just be “[name_f]Bea[/name_f]”, like our little [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f] is called “[name_f]Margot[/name_f]” (or “Margoober” :rolleyes: ).

Or [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] [name_f]Lilac[/name_f]? I’m going to drive myself crazy, and here I thought I was decided.

@dotdraper [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t second guess yourself! I like the fact that [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] has so much flow, especially as a longer name. It’s beautiful.

[name_u]Baby[/name_u] was super cooperative this week and we found out that DH was wrong… it’s a BOY! So [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] is going back into the vault. There are so many boy names that I like, but we keep coming back to [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m].

Thank you, @hollyrow. I’m hoping that was only a brief freak out… the more I thought about it, the more I realized I just really, really love [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] and don’t want to give it up.

I like [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m]! Are you intentionally sticking with B-names for boys or is it a fluke? (Asking as someone with a flukey, unintentional pattern that I’m breaking this time around.)

The 2nd B is definitely a coincidence! But I do like the way the flukey patterns go together.

I don’t think that you should give up on [name_f]Cecily[/name_f]! I have to admit that it wouldn’t have been my first choice, but the more I think about it and say it out loud, the more it grows on me as a stand alone name. And it works so well for baby [name_f]Bea[/name_f].

@hollyrow- thank you for the encouragement! I’m excited to hear what combinations you come up with-- I know you’ll find something you love!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] guys! Turns out I’m carrying a girl :smiley: So [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Orion[/name_u] will have to wait for another day. Husband and I are really digging some gender-bent names for her right now, but I’m not sure how well they work.

[name_m]How[/name_m] do you guys feel about names like [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_m]Levi[/name_m], [name_u]Quinn[/name_u], [name_u]Artemis[/name_u], and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] on a girl? We like some more feminine names as well, and I would optimally like to have something like [name_m]Leo[/name_m] or [name_m]Levi[/name_m] as a nn for something a little more formal, but we are having trouble coming up with options we like. Any thoughts?

Congratulations on your little girl! Personally, I like feminine names… but I also really like feminine names with boyish nicknames like [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], [name_u]Frankie[/name_u], [name_u]Georgie[/name_u], [name_u]Jo[/name_u], etc. From your list of options, my favorite is easily [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]. If you’d suggested [name_f]Leonora[/name_f], nn [name_m]Leo[/name_m] I would totally say this was my favorite. Are you guys not feeling [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] as a full name? Any feelings about [name_f]Leonie[/name_f] or [name_f]Leontine[/name_f]?

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] is a top contender right now, for sure! I like [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] nn [name_m]Leo[/name_m] but husband is really not feeling it or [name_f]Leora[/name_f], [name_f]Leona[/name_f], etc.

I’m also a fan of feminine names with more boyish nicknames, but from your list, I’m really vibing on [name_m]Levi[/name_m]. [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] would be my next choice.

I also love [name_m]Leo[/name_m] as a nickname of something more feminine. Maybe hubby will come around!

1 Like

Hello everyone!
This is my first post here :slight_smile:
I am pregnant for the first time and am due [name_u]August[/name_u] 20th. We found out through NIPT that we are having a boy ” We are soooo excited!!!

And @ekgriffen… my niece’s name is [name_u]Rowen[/name_u] and she is a fantastic young lady!

Congratulations on your first! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] everything is off to a great start. My first pregnancy was a dream… this time, he’s putting me through my paces! [name_m]How[/name_m] is your name list coming along?

I’ve recently come across [name_m]Beckett[/name_m], and I’m in love with it. Another unintentional B name!

@killrockstars- Congratulations and welcome to the group! I’m also excited to hear about everyone’s naming process!

@hollyrow- I love [name_m]Beckett[/name_m]. I know one little [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] who uses the nickname Bex, which I also think is super adorable.

[name_m]How[/name_m]’s everyone holding up? My family has been totally hunkered down since the 11th/12th (US, PA) and we’re definitely struggling to juggle telework and parenting… but we’ve been otherwise ok. A few days ago I switched over to panic-about-the-pregnancy mode, I’m hoping this passes as it’s not particularly helpful. [name_m]Just[/name_m] wondering how everyone is doing under the circumstances. I hope you’re all well and safe!

Is it just me, or did we lose part of our thread with the forum change?

Hope everyone is doing as beautifully as can be.

@Hollyrow - We’re definitely missing part of our thread. I’m not loving the change.

We’re good here. I’ve been referred to fetal maternal medicine for a consultation (wonky antibodies following my first pregnancy), which is stressful but comes with at least one extra ultrasound. Just trying to focus on the silver lining…