Babies due July - September 2019

I’m still feeling pretty good, but the past two days I have been SO tired, all I want to do when I get home from work is sleep.

When is everyone planning on telling others about your pregnancy? My original plan was to wait to tell our families after the first appt/ultrasound, and then tell everyone else closer to 12/14 weeks around valentines, but keeping it secret is killing me! Plus I think my mom already suspects, and I work 1 on 1 with another coworker 8 hrs a day and if morning sickness and other symptoms pop up I’m not sure I could keep it hidden.

My symptoms have been coming and going just enough to mess with my head!! Symptoms du jour were sore boobs, funny sensations in uterine area, fatigue and excessive thirst.

I had the plan to do the acorn thing at 8 weeks ([name_u]Christmas[/name_u]) with my parents but my mom is trying to plan a trip for us in [name_f]May[/name_f] and was really pushing to get confirmation that I was able to come… So I’m going to tell them either tomorrow or [name_m]Saturday[/name_m] morning. Ruining the [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] plans, ma!

I have a board book called [name_m]How[/name_m] to Babysit A Grandpa that was too cute not to buy, so I’d like to have my dad find out that way, but I’d also like to directly tell my mom but don’t have any ‘props’ for her surprise… Maybe I can get them in different rooms to tell them and get to have two moments of realization!

Ooh the thirst thing is definitely something I’m dealing with right now too plus dry mouth.

We told our immediate families at Thanksgiving. I’m a big wine drinker, so it was going to be super obvious (plus they know that we were trying).

I plan to tell my close girlfriends and extended family after our appt on the 14th. I’ll tell other people when I see them once I’m into the 2nd trimester. I’ll tell my boss once I’m 14 weeks.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] ladies

Congrats on all the new BFPs! I’m 9 weeks along today. We went for our dating scan a week ago and measured right on track at 8 weeks. It was such a relief to see that racing heart beat!

We told our immediate families last weekend and have told some close friends too since. It has been really fun seeing all of the reactions. We gave my in-laws a [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] bauble with a tiny bootie inside- was quite funny because none of the hints were received and we eventually had to actually say ‘we’re pregnant!’ For my family we had a t-shirt made for my little brother who is 4 that said UNCLE (he’s adopted and is the light of all of our lives). That was super cute and fun. For friends we snuck a sonogram picture into a photo album. We plan to tell extended family and friends at [name_u]Christmas[/name_u]/[name_m]New[/name_m] Years.

Still very nauseous and struggling with light-headedness and fatigue but hopeful that it will improve in the next few weeks.

I’ve had nausea for about a week, tiredness, emotions all over the place, its been fun. we plan to tell family at christmas. my grandmother is getting a board to keep track of birthdays and I’m putting an extra blank one on it in [name_u]August[/name_u] (there are no birthdays in [name_u]August[/name_u] right now), and I have a book for my mom. [name_f]MIL[/name_f] will get a “you’re going to be a grandma, again!” ornament and I made a beer caddie for my FIL so we’ll put a baby bottle in it instead of beer.

well, I woke up bleeding today. no clots or cramps right now, but we’ll see.

@oneofthetrio, I’m sorry to hear that, my prayers are with you, I hope everything turns out fine.

@oneofthetrio I’m so sorry. Thinking about you and hoping everything is fine.

@oneofthetrio I’m thinking of you and hoping all is well.

Any second time moms in here feeling completely different? I haven’t had an appointment yet but i’ll be 8 weeks and feel totally different than my last pregnancy. Last time at was very ill and had horrible sore boobs. Now I feel pretty good just tired and a little nauseated here and there! I remember very clearly because my first baby is only ten months old.

@kaym210210 2nd time for me too. This time around is already different in that my symptoms hit [name_u]EARLY[/name_u] and hard. My boobs got sore almost immediately after conception. Then 6 weeks hit and I was nauseated and exhausted (still both). I’m 7 weeks today and I’m eating pretty much non stop, having a ton of random specific cravings, some mild discomfort from my uterus, showing a bit already, hot flashes, moodiness…[name_m]Just[/name_m] feeling very gross and very pregnant overall. I was extremely sick with my son and it’s not as bad this time luckily, but everything else seems worse! Hubby keeps joking that it’s twins :eek: We have our first appointment next Thursday so we’ll see how things are looking!

We just scheduled our first ultrasound for next week. By my estimation I’ll only be 6 weeks 5 days, but since my cycles the past few months have been erratic my doctor wanted to see me early for a dating scan. 8 know it may be too early to see or hear anything. But I’m hoping to hear a heart beat! I’m super nervous but very excited at the same time ”

I was feeling rather worried and paranoid about my symptoms… While present they’ve been on and off and mild enough to make me wonder if I was just going crazy instead and imagining everything. So I requested a blood test which I took yesterday (just over 6 weeks). Results were good, she didn’t say my number exactly but said it’s in the expected range of a 5-7 week pregnancy so I’m feeling much better. Not retesting tomorrow, just taking that snapshot for the peace of mind. I guess that also probably means just one baby in there which is a VERY good thing, as double the costs (and becoming empty nester at once as we’d probably only have two kids max) is a scary thought…

My boobs have been sore today and got the last few days I’ve had very little appetite which is frankly extremely rare for me! I have to have a major cold/flu for me to not have an appetite. Halfway through my meals I also get kind of grossed out.

Thankfully the excessive thirst has lightened up a little!

I’m finding it so interesting to keep track of the symptoms because this is all such a new and wild experience. Probably should journal a little more about my emotions and thoughts as well.
3 weeks until our first appointment!

Any early guesses or hunches on your pregnancies re: boy or girl? From the very beginning, like first preg test, I’ve thought boy for me. It’s almost so strong that there seems to be no reason to find it in advance. (granted my track record for intuitive guesses is like, 1 out of 25 LOL)

@anotherkate

I wouldn’t worry about fluctuating symptoms… some people don’t have any! I don’t have anything major and still don’t really feel 100% pregnant, but I just tell myself I’m lucky and don’t stress!

I sort of feel like I’m having a girl, but that is probably because I kind of want another. So I’m telling myself it’s a boy, so I won’t be disappointed if I’m right!

@shalexis @anotherkate

You are both VERY lucky! :slight_smile: The first trimester is KILLER for me. I’m actually planning to announce pretty early this time (9-10 weeks ish) because I just don’t think I can hide it with all the crazy symptoms I’m having.

@anotherkate, if the ring test is right it should be a boy (if I haven’t lost this one), it told me a boy then a girl. not that I really believe in that stuff. but I really want a girl, so I’m preparing myself for a boy anyway. it will be interesting to see what it ends up being.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone. I got my BFP on [name_u]December[/name_u] 19th at 3:20am. I got a pretty strong line at 3weeks+6. I am currently exactly 4weeks gone and my due date should be 29/08/19. I’m getting an [name_u]August[/name_u] baby!!!

We just got back from our very first ultrasound, it was a little terrifying but super exciting. The dr. asked for a dating ultrasound since my cycles the last month have been irregular. Since I’m only 6 weeks we couldn’t yet here the heart beat but we could see it! And baby’s measuring exactly as he should. All good news.

That’s amazing news! Congratulations”

I’m 8 weeks one day. First scan is next Thursday! My morning sickness hit with a bang today and it’s been a seriously rough day! I think I’m also getting pregnancy rhinitis or an infection of some kind, maybe an ear infection, because it’s not just stuffy nose but also ear throat and headaches.

I feel like a mess all of a sudden!! Guess I got what I wanted, some more “signs” of the pregnancy progressing but darn! It’s rough! :slight_smile: