Babies Due October-December 2014

It was. Can I just say, I so prefer the vaginal ultrasound to the regular. It’s so much less painful and there’s no extreme need to see from the full bladder being pressed down on. I had my first one today. I’d only had regular before, this was so much better. But it is so exciting to get to see anything at all! It made it so much more real! Have fun tomorrow it’s going to be great!

I hear in the earlier weeks its a much better picture with the transvaginal ultrasound but he doesn’t have access to that equipment. That’s probably what I will have at the ob’s. Can I ask, how is it less painful? It seems like it would be the opposite to me. I would much rather have the thing on my abdomen than a probe up my vagina. This is my first so its a whole new experience for me.

[name_f]Every[/name_f] ultrasound I’ve had, they’ve had to try to push down below my pelvic bone. It’s painful in and of itself (totally worth it though) but even worse with a full bladder. But the trans-vaginal didn’t hurt at all. It’s thinner than a man so barring a little pressure on the vaginal wall (not to mention you don’t need the full bladder) it’s sooo much more comfortable. Plus I inserted it which took away the awkwardness.

I hadn’t had one before today, the picture was so clear, they couldn’t see the heartbeat on the regular (too early) but could with the vag. I wonder if I can request them in the future.

I’ve had the transvaginal, too, back in [name_u]June[/name_u] when I miscarried my first. Despite it being an awful time all around, I remember being surprised at how comfortable it was! No pain at all, only a little pressure like @lookingahead says. That’s the kind I’ll be getting on [name_u]March[/name_u] 4th, too. Can’t wait!!!

So we tried to see our little blip today but hubby couldn’t get a good view. We figured it would be difficult being that it is so early and he didn’t have the equipment to do a transvaginal so here’s to [name_u]March[/name_u] 3!

Sorry you didn’t get to see much :frowning: but the third is really close! That is a tough wait!

Good luck to you too [name_f]July[/name_f] on your visit on the 4th. So excited to hear about both of your visits!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] ladies,
Not much to report right now except that I am anxious as heck to have my first appt. They already sent me a genetic history questionnaire to fill out, so at least I feel like I’m moving forward. Hubby told his parents last night and they are super happy. I tried to remind them that it is still early, but I also feel like not celebrating is kind of killing my joy about being pregnant.

I’ve started getting just a little nauseated around lunchtime the last 3 days, and I’ve been super gassy, which of course my husband loves, LOL. He said “Are you sure you’re bringing something to life in there, because it seems more like something died in there.” Terrible, haha.

I also bawled my eyes out watching the Olympics, and I felt totally lame.

What is a genetic history questionnaire? I’ve never had to fill one out.

This first trimester takes forever. I found out earlier this time and it’s killing me. I’m with you moonkai, it’s kind of sucking the joy out of being pregnant. (Plus it makes this whole having the flu thing suck because everyone keeps trying to give me drugs)

@lookingahead- its just a bunch of questions about whether anyone in your or the father’s family have had any genetic disorders. Other doctors might just ask you at your appointment, but [name_m]Kaiser[/name_m] seems to love paperwork.

Gotcha, that makes sense

[name_m]Just[/name_m] joining the thread!!!
We had our 8 week ultrasound scan today and all looks perfect with a strong heartbeat.

I’m due 6th [name_f]October[/name_f].

Bit nervous announcing it as it took us 2 years of IVF and we lost 2 babies through miscarriage in the last 6 months. But we are further along and everything is going well now.

Whooo Hooo!!! I’m expecting!!!

[name_f]Emilia[/name_f]

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f], [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]! So exciting!

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f], [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]! That is so awesome and exciting! Congratulations!! :smiley:

I totally know what you all mean about the first trimester dragging… I can’t believe how absolutely slow things are moving! Tomorrow marks 9 weeks for me, which means it’ll only be one more week til my 1st REAL appointment/ultrasound. Although, last night I had some crazy dream that I showed up and it was another group appointment full of inane paperwork and party games. I woke up raging mad, lol.

@emilia [name_f]Welcome[/name_f]! [name_f]Glad[/name_f] everything is going well and fingers crossed for a smooth pregnancy for you. What kind of symptoms do you have?

Today marks 6 weeks for me, and I agree with the rest of you, this first trimester seems to be going so slow. I just want my first ultrasound and then I think it will finally sink in.

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] [name_f]Emelia[/name_f]!

Ugh, I have such bad heartburn right now. I guess no more pizza for me for awhile! I’m trying really hard to eat lots of healthy foods but my husband is not helping by eating lots of junk food around me- what a butthead, lol.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] ladies,
Hmm symptoms…
Good to the loo… ALOT.
Super hero sense of smell.
Sore BBs that seemed to be growing daily.
Can’t seem to eat enough yoghurt… not keen on oily things.
Thought I’d escaped morning sickness but I shouldn’t have congratulated myself on that because I woke up 4-5 times through the night last night with nausea, plus again at lunch today. Only sicked up a few times so far though- pretty lucky.
Skin looks amazingly clear!
Nails are suddenly long and beautiful.

What about everyone else?

Oh yeah my hair and nails are definitely growing faster! Everyone at work has noticed how long my hair is.

I can’t stand anything vinegary the last few days. [name_m]Both[/name_m] pickles and Italian dressing made me want to hurl today. Luckily my nausea has been very minimal so far but I’m a week or two behind most of you so that could change.

In other news, I need to ban myself from Google. Its not going to do me any good to worry about everything that could go wrong.