Babies due October-December 2019

Looks like it’s time to start up this group! I am currently pregnant with baby #3 and my due date is [name_f]October[/name_f] 12 based on my LMP. I have a dating ultrasound scheduled in a couple weeks so I’ll have a better idea soon enough. I am a mixed bag of excited and freaking out. We will have 3 under 3 and I’m not sure we’re prepared for that chaos! I look forward to meeting all you lovely mamas and congratulations on your pregnancies!

orchid_lover: October 4 Boy!
bell’s garden: October 10 Boy!
cyoung325: October 11 Girl!
brigx: October 14 Girl!
lovejoy: October
jennynp: October 18
jackiebroadway: October 18 Girl!
theresa: November 2
rosebeth: November 7 Boy!
bluedanube: November 13 Boy!
june1070: December 2 Boy!
theofania: December 11
brandiedarlene1: December 19 Girl!

Thank you for starting this thread! I’ll join you :slight_smile: I’m also nervous about the added chaos, even though it will just be two under 4. Everyone says adding a family member is scary but somehow the love always grows. I am 32, DH is 45, I have 2 adult stepchildren and a 3 year old son. Our older-ish ages have me a little paranoid about MC. Otherwise, I’m a lot more calm this time around having done it before and using the same OBGYN office (they are great).

I’m the sole breadwinner, DH is a SAHD, and last time I was put on disability (bedrest) at 35 weeks due to hypertension. Our policies at work regarding maternity leave have improved since last time around, but I still need to make it almost 34 weeks without being put on disability to have enough to cover my full paycheck for the entire leave…it would drop to 70% if I am disabled before then. Because of this, I’m doing everything I can to stay healthy. I’ve been pretty consistent with cardio exercise the past year and I’ve finally started doing core strengthening (I like this video called [name_f]Katrina[/name_f] Fitness on Amazon…it’s easy pilates/yoga).

Last time the OBGYN had me wait until 8 weeks to come in, but they had me come immediately this time and did my bloodwork, gave me some handouts and scheduled my 8 week ultrasound. [name_m]EDD[/name_m] based on LMP is 10/2. I’m glad I had that “what to do if…” handout because the other night I had spotting after my elliptical workout. So that calmed me down a bit (it said we don’t have to come in if it’s just spotting without cramping) No cramping whatsoever, but I still will be much more relieved after that 8 week ultrasound to make sure all is well. It’s Feb 22. My Clearblue with weeks indicator finally came the other day and I used it the morning after the spotting. It said 3+ which means my hcg is over 2400, which is where it should be at 6 weeks. So that was a nice reassurance. Side note–I’m so annoyed that the Clearblues were pulled in the US! I got one from the UK off ebay which is why it took some time to come in the mail. Seems they were pulled from the market because people couldn’t be bothered to read the instructions to find out that 3+ weeks on the test means 5+ weeks LMP. Grr.

I can’t wait to see more BFPs! It’s so nice to have somewhere to vent a bit, especially since we’re not telling many people yet.

Hello all! I’m also cautiously joining this thread as our daughter is getting a baby brother or sister this [name_f]October[/name_f]. So excited!

@lovejoy & orchid_lover [name_f]Welcome[/name_f] and congratulations!

@orchid_lover I didn’t even realize that the Clearblue weeks estimator tests were taken away! I looked at Target yesterday simply because I would have liked the peace of mind and they weren’t there. I’ve been loving our little family of four and I almost feel sad that things will change soon. I know bringing another baby into the family will be hard for a while, but in the end I know I’ll love it too. You might have a fantastic helper on your hands too. [name_f]Alice[/name_f] has always wanted to help with her little sister but really there’s not too much a 2 year old can do. I imagine a 4 year old would be much better or at least be able to play more independently while you’re busy with the baby.

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] and congratulations @lovejoy! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] all goes well.

Yes, I’m hopeful that [name_f]Indy[/name_f] will take to being a big brother well. He displays a surprising amount of empathy towards crying babies, real or on TV, lol. Our close friends have girls that are less than 2.5 years apart and we’re trying to take some “what NOT to do notes” hoping to prevent some sibling jealousy like what is going on there. [name_f]Indy[/name_f] is quite happy to play independently which I think is a big part of preventing some jealousy. I really hope we can get him into preschool in the fall! He is quite social and loves to go “dancing with his friends” aka library storytime.

Does anyone know if NIPT testing is being covered by insurance or if it’s still just high-risk pregnancies? That’s a big question I have for the 8 week appointment.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] ladies!

I just wanted to introduce myself. I’m expecting baby number three on 10/18 based on LMP. I have a little brady bunch family with a 9, 10, 11, and 12 year old. My DS and DD are 9 and 11, so it’s been a while, but DH and I are super excited since this will be our first together.

I’m feeling great this time around and hope everyone else is as well! I had some pretty great pregnancies in the past, so I’m optimistic about this one as well. I feel healthier at 39 than I did in my late 20’s. I guess at that time I didn’t have as much time to take care of myself with two little ones and finishing grad school. I’ve been really able to stay active so far with running and yoga. I’d like to keep it up as long as I’m feeling up to it.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and having some mamas to share this journey. Congrats to all!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] ladies! I’m also expecting in [name_f]October[/name_f], my due date is on the 24th! This will be my second child - I already have a daughter who was born in 2017. Can’t wait to see her become a big sister :slight_smile:

@orchid_lover I think some insurances cover the testing for everyone since it’s to screen for problems. It doesn’t hurt to ask the doctor about it.

@jennynp [name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to the group! You certainly have a lot of children but it’s wonderful that you’re having one together with you husband. [name_m]How[/name_m] do you think your kids will react to a baby in the house? Hopefully you’ll get some awesome help from them.

@daphodil Congrats and welcome! It’s amazing watching siblings interact and seeing their bond grow!

I feel like time is just creeping by. Thursday is our first ultrasound and I’m so excited to see this little bean. I’m not sure what we’ll do with the girls. I know my doctor won’t mind them coming to the appointment, but I’d rather have that moment with just my husband. It’s hard being a SAHM sometimes. This summer both my [name_f]MIL[/name_f] and my mom should be moving to the area so hopefully that will help with having some babysitters, but for now we don’t really have anyone that can watch the kids.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] everyone is feeling well!

@cyoung325 I agree that time does seem to be creeping by so slowly waiting for this first ultrasound. That’s so exciting that yours is this week! Mine is not for another two weeks. That’s also great that you will have extra help in the area soon!

I think there will be mixed reviews from the kids to having a new baby in the house, but overall excitement for sure. I think they’ll all be happy once he/she is here. I also think they will be a lot of help in their own ways.

Our scan went great! I’m measuring right on track and we have a due date of [name_f]October[/name_f] 11, just one day away from big sister’s! We will be having a repeat csection though so baby should be here about a week earlier. I was just glad to see a baby and heartbeat. I was worried that something must be wrong because it was too easy conceiving this time. We struggled with our first and our second took lots of planning and opks. I’m so happy everything looks good now!

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] @jennynp and @daphodil!

@cyoung325 yes that will be very nice to get some help. My [name_f]MIL[/name_f] is so helpful with our toddler. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] it works out for their move!

My confirmation appointment was this morning, I didn’t realize how nervous I would be about my blood pressure, but it was fine. The OBGYN also said I could take a low dose aspirin daily due to my history of gestational hypertension–studies show it can help prevent preeclampsia…that was news to me, I thought I had to totally avoid aspirin in pregnancy! So learned something new. [name_u]Baby[/name_u] was in the uterus, only one baby, heartbeat was easy to find, and measured 8 weeks exactly which doesn’t surprise me with the date I got my bfp and my 30-day cycle prior to getting pregnant. Ironic @cyoung325 because that moves my [name_m]EDD[/name_m] to 10/4 which is the day before my son’s birthday! Although I will be surprised if I make it to my due date. I hope they don’t share a birthday! The OBGYN mentioned the [name_u]Harmony[/name_u] test and I just found out my insurance covers it so I might be able to do that this time around instead of the NT test. If not, we got the NT scheduled for next month.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] everyone is doing well! I have been very exhausted the past several days but am hoping to get back to my exercise routine this week after the good news at the appointment and I only work 20 hours this week :slight_smile:

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] ladies, how are you all doing? I’m 7+1 weeks today and have been feeling pretty nauseous these past days. Thankfully no vomiting, but I have to eat constantly to keep the nausea at bay. The days are going by very quickly, but this time I have an active toddler to keep my mind occupied :slight_smile:

It’s been a while but nothing really changed this last week. I had my first prenatal appointment today and all is good. Apparently they won’t schedule my c section until near the end of the 2nd trimester which is a bit disappointing. I was hoping to know the exact date soon. The only thing my doctor suggested was starting to wean my daughter since the high levels of prolactin can somehow affect this baby. I never heard that before but she’s almost 10 months old and I was already thinking of dropping a feed or two soon. I’m not feeling too bad yet. [name_m]Just[/name_m] some nausea here and there and I’m exhausted, but that could be from chasing 2 kids around all day!

Anyone start talking about names yet with your SO? We have two great boy combos, but I can’t get on board with any girl names. I love [name_f]Alice[/name_f] & [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and I want to love this name too yet everything is either a complete no or just meh to me. DH likes [name_f]Mary[/name_f], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and I’m just okay with them. I also think I decided not use [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] as a middle after my [name_m]SIL[/name_m] because of our rocky relationship. I want another honor middle but the only girl name we have is [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] which is my middle. I’m starting to think maybe [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] or [name_f]Daniella[/name_f] after my brother I’m close to, but then I’m walking right into offending my [name_m]SIL[/name_m]. Ugh it feels so much harder this time around! We like to pick names early on so we can refer to baby by name as soon as we find out the gender so I’m feeling some pressure to find THE NAME asap. I realize there’s plenty of time and yet I don’t think time will help any. Sorry for rambling! I just feel I have no one to vent to and DH isn’t great with name advice.

Cautiously joining! I’m 4 weeks and have gotten 2 BFPs. Scheduling an appointment with the midwife this morning. Based on my ovulation day and 32-day cycle, my [name_m]EDD[/name_m] is [name_u]November[/name_u] 13. This is my 3rd and I have been ready for a [name_m]LONG[/name_m] time, lol. This will be my husband’s first. When he caught up to My being ready, we had to put our plans on hold for 2 years due to an unexpected move, but here we are finally… BFP on my first cycle after removing my 10 year old IUD. I’ll take that luck :slight_smile: but I will feel better after hearing a heartbeat. I am overly anxious about everything developing normally - there is so much fear mongering towards “older” parents - husband is 37 and I am 34 - and this just all felt so easy. I’m terrified of it being an [name_f]EL[/name_f] but really trying to remain positive (and mostly succeeding!) It’s just too early for me to announce to my kids or my Facebook world, lol. I knew NB would understand :slight_smile:

My other 2 are much older. Oldest will be 15 when this one arrives, and youngest just turned 10. Funny enough, they are getting a baby sister over at their dad’s at the end of [name_f]April[/name_f], so I’m a little worried they’ll be unexcited by the prospect of having to deal with babies at both houses. I’m hoping this will be the first baby of 3 for us. I’m a planner, have it all mapped out. Hoping to wait 16 months between each, so all you mamas with 2 or 3 or more under 5, I’m hoping I can learn a few things from you!

Congratulations everyone!

[name_f]Glad[/name_f] to hear everyone is doing fairly well :slight_smile:

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] @bluedanube! Best wishes for continued smooth sailing. I’m more calm now but before the first appointment I was also much more nervous than with our first due to increasing age and therefore risk of complications. The fact that more friends have experienced MC as I get older probably had something to do with it.

We’re not set on middle names but have a good idea on first names. If it’s a boy, we’ll probably go with my husband’s favorite “guilty pleasure” name. For a girl it will likely be [name_f]Vienne[/name_f]. I hope we would go with [name_f]Vienne[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f]. Oh and @cyoung I love [name_f]Clara[/name_f]!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone! [name_m]Just[/name_m] like @bluedanube I’m coming over from the TTC 2019 thread. I found out I’m pregnant this week, I should be about 5 weeks along and baby is probably due around [name_u]November[/name_u] 8. I made an appointment with the obgyn yesterday, my appointment is in 3 weeks, so I should know more then.

This is my second, but the first one for SO. So it’s all familiar and completely new at the same time. This is my first planned pregnancy, my son Hjörtur was a surprise. I’m feeling optimistic and hopeful, but a little frightened at the same time. It’s all very early. When I found out I was pregnant with Hjörtur I was already 10 weeks along (I suppose I was in denial), so this early stage thing is new to me.

@cyoung: SO and I have been discussing names for months, and we’ve managed to come up with a shortlist of three (first) names for each gender. There’s no guarantee it won’t change. Right now, the names on our list are [name_f]Greta[/name_f], [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] and [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] for a girl, and [name_m]Vincent[/name_m], [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] and [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] for a boy. [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] and [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] are our top runners. I feel some pressure to find the right name early on too, because I just want this out of the way so I can focus on other things (I worry a lot).
I find girls names so much harder! I do love [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] from the names you mentioned. I can understand you don’t want to offend your [name_m]SIL[/name_m], and it can be tricky. Does she really expect you to honor her with baby’s name?

@bluedanube [name_f]Welcome[/name_f] and congratulations! [name_m]How[/name_m] lucky you were on your first month of TTC especially after that long wait. I hope all goes well!

@orchid_lover I really like [name_f]Vienne[/name_f]. Is [name_f]Irene[/name_f] a family name is just one you like? It’s really pretty, but I never see it mentioned even on this website.

@rosebeth Congratulations! The first trimester definitely is the most boring and it feels like it’s just a long waiting game. Waiting for that first appointment, waiting to start showing, waiting to feel baby. And while you wait you get to feel sick and tired. Definitely not the most fun, but it’ll pass soon enough!

I love the names on your shortlist! I wish I could convince DH to use [name_f]Greta[/name_f] but sadly he’s pretty particular about names and it’s been a hard no for both girls so far. I don’t think my [name_m]SIL[/name_m] expects to be honored with this babe, but she’s super easily offended and using my brother’s name is likely to upset her. To give some perspective, she literally wouldn’t talk to us for weeks when we told her we were pregnant with [name_f]Alice[/name_f] because she wasn’t the first person we told.

Regardless of how anyone else feels, we think we decided on names! We had [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] on our short list for both girls but my mom ruined it by saying she refused to call a granddaughter [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]. It’s the only name that feels right though so I think we’re settled on [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] for now and [name_m]David[/name_m] [name_m]Frederik[/name_m] for a boy. This way I don’t have to choose which of my brothers to honor and the baby’s gender will decide for us haha!

@cyoung… I’m so sorry you have such touchy people to deal with. That is hard. I had a lady yell at me when I announced my daughter’s name (at my baby shower!) about how much she would hate that name and how could I do that, etc. Pissed me right off, I had to leave the room. I think [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is lovely, and goes perfectly with your older two. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t see why what she is named is up to anyone but you and your husband! Grandma should call her [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] if that is her name!!

@orchidlover [name_f]Vienne[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f] is really pretty! Curious, what is your husband’s GP name for a boy?

@rosebeth I love [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] and [name_m]Vincent[/name_m]! My friend just named her baby [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f], as well. [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] is also nice.

I have been thinking about names for years, lol. Huge lists. I play [name_m]Sims[/name_m] 2 and have neighborhoods full of wonderfully named sims just to relieve some of the tension, lol. Husband and I settled on a girl name when we were ready a couple years ago - [name_f]Veridian[/name_f] [name_f]Elora[/name_f] [name_f]Luna[/name_f] - and that is still the one for both of us. Boy names have always been harder for me. I love [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m], he loves [name_f]Valen[/name_f] (VAY-lin). I like [name_f]Valen[/name_f], just not as much as [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m], and it feels kind of match y to [name_f]Veridian[/name_f]. I told him if we have a boy, this one can be [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m], and if we have another that one can be [name_f]Valen[/name_f]. Lol.

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] @rosebeth!

Everyone has such nice combos in mind! Some of my favorite names mentioned are [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and [name_f]Veridian[/name_f]. I actually know of a little [name_f]Valen[/name_f] but was always curious about his unique name (I still don’t know the story behind it) [name_f]Irene[/name_f] is a family name on DH’s side but it’s always been among my favorites of the more classic names, probably because the meaning is similar to that of my own name. I compromised with DH that if he would agree to TTC one last kiddo we can name it Geddy if it is a boy. He asked for Geddy [name_u]Lee[/name_u], which I laughed and said was too much, so he sold me on Geddy [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] since [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] (like [name_m]Robert[/name_m]) is classic, common, has many nickname options and therefore seems like a good “fall back” name in case Geddy hates his first name. Then a couple of days later I realized that [name_u]Alex[/name_u] Lifeson is the guitarist in [name_m]Rush[/name_m]. LOL.

Hey everyone! I just found out I’m pregnant a few days ago after trying for a few months. I only got a BFP after 13 days late! This is DH and I’s 2nd. We wanted our babies close in age, and that they will be, 21 months apart! I’m due Nov. 2nd