Babies due October-December 2019

@cyoung: [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and [name_m]David[/name_m] are lovely names. I find it very difficult to name this baby because he or she will be such a mixture of heritages. Hjörtur is too, but with him my ex-husband and I decided on giving him an Iceland name pretty early on. With this baby SO and I are looking for a more “international” name, while still honoring as many of both our heritage as possible.

@bluedanube: I adore [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m], but I don’t have the guts to use it as a first name. [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m] is on our list though. The name [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m] also has a special meaning for SO and me because years ago we met in a book shop where he worked, and we started talking to each other because I bought [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m] by [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Joyce[/name_u] and he told me he loved it so much.

@theresa: congratulations!

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] @theresa! Our girls are 19 months apart and it’s been exhausting but great so far! You will love it too I’m sure.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] a little update from me. Not much has changed this pregnancy. Still tired, nauseous, and my back hurts. I think my pants are starting to get a bit tighter already but my loose skin is hiding any kind of bump that may be there. I had a couple baby dreams recently that baby is a boy which makes me think it’s a girl since I had boy dreams with my daughters. I can’t wait to know already! Is everyone planning on finding out the gender?

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] @theresa!

I didn’t do the [name_u]Harmony[/name_u] test because I was too lazy to jump through the hoops I was going to need to get it (my OB was going to make me go to a perinatologist for it) so instead we had the NT scan ultrasound and blood draw today. 12 weeks today. Luckily everything looked great :slight_smile: DH was excited because the baby’s skull resembles Megatron in one of the ultrasound pictures, lol. That same picture reminds me a lot of [name_f]Indy[/name_f] when he was very small. It gives me the “yep, that’s my kid” feeling. The sonographer also guessed that it is a boy, and he seemed much more confident in his guess than he did with [name_f]Indy[/name_f] (and he was correct about him). Always a relief to get good news all around, whew!

@cyoung: we’re not finding out our baby’s gender. I did with Hjörtur, because my ex-husband wanted to, and I thought I did too, but it just didn’t feel right. So with this one it’ll be a surprise. It will force us and family and friends to buy gender neutral things for the baby, and that’s something I find important. I’m not an extremist, I just hate gender stereotypes.

I’ve been experiencing more pregnancy symptoms this week. I felt very nauseous every day, mostly in the mornings but also later in the day, and yesterday I had a terrible headache. I also feel exhausted and I have to pee every five minutes.
I told my co-workers I’m pregnant, I have to tell my employer as early as possible for health and safety reasons and some things/places I have to avoid now, so they’d find out soon enough.

I can’t wait for my first appointment with the gyn to see if everything’s going well.

Had my first appointment today. I’m only 6-7 weeks, so nothing fun as far as testing - just a pee test. I can schedule a sizing ultrasound for later this week and to hear the heartbeat, so that’s exciting! Midwife gave me a due date of Nov 10, but it’s actually a few days later than that based on my cycle length and OD - more like the 13th or 14th.

I have definitely been feeling pregnant this whole time. The last 2 weeks I have been so tired, and I’m hungry pretty much all the time. Lol. Last week some food aversions hit me pretty hard, but no real nausea to speak of. I feel bloated and huge (but found out today I haven’t gained any weight even though I’m an eating machine, so that made me feel better) and my boobs are sore and enormous. Lol. It’s crazy that technically I’m 6 1/2 weeks pregnant, but the baby is really only 3 weeks old. I was pretty surprised we succeeded this first month - I really expected it to take a little while and have an [name_m]EDD[/name_m] in [name_u]January[/name_u] or [name_f]February[/name_f] of 2020. Lol. It feels like this baby is going to be here before I know it even though I’m just at the beginning.

We are definitely finding out the sex of the baby. I am doing the blood test at 9 weeks (9 weeks!!!) that will screen for genetic abnormalities and also reveal the sex, so that is super exciting. We are hoping for a girl, and I’m kind of feeling girl vibes, but that is probably wishful thinking. It will probably be a boy ” Husband finally told me that he really doesn’t like the name [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m] (he was just kind of indifferent before) but I pointed out that he chose the name [name_f]Veridian[/name_f] and that seemed to satisfy him. We have really different naming styles, especially for boys, so that’s why we are really hoping for a girl, lol.

I don’t have a preference for either gender, it’s all the same to me. When we told Hjörtur a few months ago that he might have a baby brother or sister in future (this was before we were even TTC) he was very clear that he wants a little brother though :stuck_out_tongue:

I think we’ve pretty settled on names for both genders now, I’m just having some doubts about a middle name for a girl.

I sadly had a miscarriage so no october baby for me… Wishing the rest of you all the best in your pregnancies x

Oh daphodil, I’m so sorry… Sending love and prayers your way.

@daphodil I’m so sorry for your loss. Hoping you heal quickly and can find some peace soon.

I’m so sorry, daphodil. My very first pregnancy ended in miscarriage. I wish you peace and comfort, and the strength to try again. Sending love to you.

I had my first appointment on Friday. My due date is [name_u]November[/name_u] 7, so about the time I expected it to be (just one day early). I had my first ultrasound and we heard baby’s heartbeat. Everything is going well so far.

I’m glad everyone’s appointments seem to be going well. I had one yesterday and heard the heartbeat which eased my mind. We are 13 weeks along tomorrow which somewhat baffles me. Time is starting to go quicker lately and I love it. We announced earlier this week and it makes things feel so much more real. I still expect and get shocked reactions because my girls are so young. I imagine a lot of people think this was unplanned, but nope! We’re just crazy haha! My doctor actually said I could have my tubes tied during my C-section if we decided we’re done. I honestly don’t know if I can commit to something so permanent quite yet. We are thinking we might be done after this baby, but part of me still wants one more. That said, I’m so exhausted and soon enough we’ll be juggling a newborn and possibly preschool and other activities. So much to think about although we don’t need to settle on a decision for a while. Sorry for rambling! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] everybody is starting to feel better!!

We still haven’t told that many people. I want to wait until I’m at least 12 weeks along. SO finds this pretty hard, he’s dying to tell some of his friends and extended family.

SO is determined that he wants at least three children “running around the house” (that includes my Hjörtur), and if we do decide to have one or maybe two more children after this baby is born, we’re planning to have them close together as well. I’m 30 now, I’ll have turned 31 one month before this baby is born, and I don’t want to wait too long.

We had our ultrasound earlier this week! Heard a heartbeat and everything looks great. My official due date is [name_u]November[/name_u] 15th. I will tell my children in a couple of weeks, when we can find out if they are getting a brother or sister :slight_smile:

Hello everyone! I’m excited to join this thread because we are expecting #2 in mid [name_u]November[/name_u] and haven’t even been to our 8 week apt yet! We will have 2 under 2 (1st daughter [name_u]March[/name_u] of 2018) and I’m swirling with thoughts about work because I have just started back running my business part time.

I’m 35 and my husband is 43. This is likely our last baby, so I’m looking forward to soaking it up this time. I feel much less apprehensive even with the open work question. Secretly hoping for another girl because I cannot get enough flower names, but would love to have a son as well.

@june1070: welcome and congrats! Work is a difficult thing for me as well since I just started a new job in [name_f]February[/name_f]. I want to keep working full-time as long as possible during my pregnancy, but of course I don’t know how things will go. And after the baby is born I’m hoping to return back to work full time (after a few months at home with our little one of course), but I’m not sure if we’ll be able to manage everything when I do.

@bluedanube: glad everything’s going well for you!

We will be having our second child and my due date is on [name_f]September[/name_f] 15, 2019. We still don’t know what to name him, but please leave a reply on Nameberry - Welcome to the Nameberry Forums if you want to help. Thank you! :smiley:

It might be a little early for me to join this group as I just found out I’m pregnant!

Currently, due date is [name_u]December[/name_u] 19th :blush:

I had my first dr apt this week and everything looks good, but based on the size they estimate the due date as [name_u]December[/name_u] 2 rather than [name_u]November[/name_u] 22. This happened last time I got pregnant too. I was finding one due date putting my LMP into calculators online, then based on the size of the first ultrasound they moved the due date. Maybe my cycle is longer or unpredictable? I know exactly when that last period was.

But anyway, happy to have a good report so far and to see the little heartbeat. Back for another ultrasound in 4 weeks. I feel much calmer this second time around. I feel like I know more what to expect financially and emotionally. I may change my tune when I have a newborn while running around after a 21 month old in December though. :0)

Congratulations @brandiedarlene1! I love the Christmas inspired baby name lists.

Congratulations! I love the [name_u]Christmas[/name_u]-inspired baby name lists.