Babies Due October-December 2023

That gives me hope, thank you! [name_f]Flora[/name_f] does love babies and her two little friends in the neighbourhood already have younger siblings so hopefully she’ll come to understand and be excited about what’s going.

1 Like

Dropping in to join the party! Got a positive test this afternoon, if all goes well will be due mid [name_u]December[/name_u]. Going to be a nervous few weeks though as previously had a loss at 10w but hopefully my son will have a little sibling by the end of the year!

4 Likes

Yay @SoJoCo! Congrats!!

1 Like

Congratulations @SoJoCo! Fingers crossed for a beautifully sticky baby for you guys :heart:

1 Like

How exciting, congratulations! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] you’re wedding is/was amazing! :revolving_hearts:

Congratulations to @SoJoCo as well! :revolving_hearts:

I have my 12 week scan this coming [name_m]Friday[/name_m], excited and scared all in one. I’ve almost totally weaned of my IVF protocol meds now, but they said the placenta is doing its job, so we’ll see. :pray:

2 Likes

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all I am joining in with a due date of 12/21, still very early but feeling good and excited. This will be our first :slight_smile:

4 Likes

[name_u]Welcome[/name_u] and congratulations, @her05!

Thank you!

Wedding was lovely but very high stress… I’m 4 weeks and 3 days now, feeling a bit weak and not campy exactly but noticeable sensation in my womb. Trying not to worry about chemical pregnancy (which I just read accounts for 1 in 2 conceptions before 5 weeks). But obviously worrying! Need to take it easy for the rest of the week…

5 Likes

I also feel the “sensation” a bunch. I am pretty active so I am also trying to be more chill. Also just booked an appointment with our local birth center. They don’t see you until 10 weeks so I have to occupy myself until then.

1 Like

That’s just reminded me I need to book myself in too @her05

Not sure if morning sickness or something dodgy I ate, but have been nauseous all afternoon and was actually sick tonight which I’ve never had in my previous pregnancies. I hope this passes because physical sickness with a toddler won’t be fun.

Summary

Also have a touch of the runs, is that a weird pregnancy thing or me being under the weather thing, who knows?

But I did have food poisoning like two days before my miscarriage last time (hubby was ill too so I know it was that) so I’m now worrying in case there was a link and it’s the same thing again

Sorry about your previous miscarriage @SoJoCo. Did you end up being sick?

I had gastro before 4 weeks… Initially thought the nausea was really early pregnancy symptoms but it kept increasing. I actually said to my partner “I don’t remember it being this bad”! Next minute I was vomiting my guts out in a bucket and quickly realised it was gastro. Lasted 24 hours and my whole family got it. Couldn’t believe it when I tested positive a few days later, told my partner (sorry, Husband now!) while he was himself hunched over a bucket in the middle of the night. I’ll be 5 weeks tomorrow so slowly starting to relax into this one… What a hectic few weeks it’s been!

Unfortunately I spent all night throwing up. Turns out a toddler’s potty has a decent alternate use in an emergency though!

Feeling better now and back to normal pregnancy queasiness rather than anything more.

5 Likes

Congrats @her05! How great!
I totally get your concerns @elleplume eplume, try tostay positive and allow yourself short burts of time where you can worry. I only give myself like 5 minutes at a time before changing my thought pattern.
@SoJoCo so sorry to hear you’ve been feeling so poorly. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] you’re on the mend and try to stay hydrated.

I had my 12 week scan yesterday, everything was perfect, baby was bouncing around and it was such a surreal moment for us. We’ve never made it this far before, so savouring every moment. They so far are keeping the due date at [name_u]November[/name_u] 3rd and everything looks very healthy.

7 Likes

That’s great news your scan went well @SoDallas31 and that baby is bouncing and healthy! So pleased for you

2 Likes

How are we all doing? Registered with my maternity provider now so just awaiting the call about my first appointment.

Been feeling the worst I’ve felt in all my pregnancies, actual sickness at times, which is not fun considering I’m only at 7w so a fair few weeks of nausea and more still to go. And I’ve got a long solo trip coming up in a couple of weeks (think about 450 miles or something - by train - in a day!) and the thought of that journey while feeling like this fills me with dread. I just hope the train toilets aren’t too far from my seat!

Toddler was adorable while I was chucking up at 7am though, heard him from his cot going ‘mama’ like he was concerned about me.

3 Likes

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all! Joining in here as I am due Nov 28th. Haven’t been as active on NB in a few weeks because the morning sickness has been absolutely horrible, barely manageable on the best of days even with prescription meds. I am keeping all my fingers crossed that I will start to feel better in the second trimester, but the time is dragging on meanwhile. Wish I could skip this part!

4 Likes

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear you still aren’t feeling the best :cry: I am in a similiar position, which is so strange as I am 13 weeks now, I was doing so much better and now I am back to night sweats and bad nausea. Nothing seems to help, I have been doing light excercise before bed, eating light snacks and having peppermint tea etc. :woman_shrugging: Who knows what’s going on in there.

@handlion [name_u]Welcome[/name_u] and sorry to hear you’re suffering from dread morning sickness too!

What a great group we make :rofl:

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! I am at 6w4d and feeling terrible, I am so grateful I work from home on Mondays. The nausea felt link it was coming under control (taking b6) until I threw up (again) last night. Currently sitting in bed hoping the protein shake I am sipping on doesn’t come back up. Haven’t been hungry at all :confused: Good news is only a few weeks left until my first scan!

3 Likes

Started a new med for nausea yesterday, which is supposed to be stronger. Hoping it does the trick as I’ve also just learned (thanks, family) that I’m genetically predisposed to hyperemesis gravidarum… no, thanks!

In more upbeat news, I’m officially at 10 weeks as of today… 1/4 of the way there! Haha

5 Likes