Baby #1 - Girl Names!

[name]Hi[/name]!!

We’re settled on a name for a boy ([name]Joseph[/name] [name]Samuel[/name] or [name]Joseph[/name] [name]David[/name], both family names) but I have a bit more leeway with the girl name! We are expecting [name]Baby[/name] # 1 in [name]August[/name] so we still have lots of time, but I would love to hear your opinions on these names!!
Last name is pronounced [name]Al[/name]-[name]May[/name]-Da (it’s Portuguese). I love flowery, feminine girl names like my own ([name]Jasmine[/name]).

Thank you!!!

[name]Charlotte[/name] (I know it’s popular, but I really like it!).
[name]Alianna[/name] (Loved this for a long time!).
[name]Everly[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Ava[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]

Middle name options:
[name]Brooke[/name] (my maiden name was [name]Brooks[/name])
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Diana[/name] (family name)
or one of the above.

Which combo do you like best? Very open to suggestions! [name]TIA[/name]!!!

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Jasmine[/name]

I would keep [name]Brooks[/name] as a middle name for a future son after [name]Joseph[/name] eg [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Samuel[/name] and [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Brooks[/name].

[name]Charlotte[/name] Is not a flowery pretty name that you described
[name]Alianna[/name] This is lovely as [name]Eliana[/name] and if you want to use the [name]Joseph[/name] for a girl then [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] would be very pretty
[name]Everly[/name] Not a classic so I would by pass this
[name]Pearl[/name] Very pretty
[name]Ava[/name] Hugely popular but one of my all time favourite names my combo is [name]Ava[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] nn [name]Lola[/name] Becoming more popular and very nice with your surname
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Lovely[/name] and like [name]Ava[/name] on a wave of popularity but fits your criteria very well

Suggestions

[name]Esther[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Jemima[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Hope[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Raine[/name] nn [name]Eve[/name]/[name]Evie[/name]
[name]Eva[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]

all the best
rollo

I love the name [name]Joseph[/name]. My four year old nephew is named [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Anthony[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Charlotte[/name]-I love this name, and it really doesnt seem that popular to me. After all there is only one way to spell [name]Charlotte[/name], its not like [name]Kaitlyn[/name], [name]Lily[/name], [name]Haylee[/name] etc which when added up all top the classics that [name]Charlotte[/name].
[name]Alianna[/name] - I dont care for this. It seems very made up and I’m not sure how well it flows with your last name.
[name]Everly[/name]- I love this one too.
[name]Pearl[/name]- SO pretty and understated. I would love to meet a little [name]Pearl[/name].
[name]Ava[/name]- Eh, too popular for my taste.
[name]Penelope[/name]- I love this one too.
[name]Violet[/name]- lovely.

Middle name options:
[name]Brooke[/name] (my maiden name was [name]Brooks[/name])- I agree with the pp I would save [name]Brooks[/name] for your son.
[name]Pearl[/name]- [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] would be lovely.
[name]Diana[/name] (family name)
or one of the above.

Combos:
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Diana[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

Other names you might like:
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]

[name]Charlotte[/name] (I know it’s popular, but I really like it!). - It’s actually less popular than [name]Ava[/name]. It’s #68, while [name]Ava[/name] is #5. I love both names, however, and they’re my top picks on your list.
[name]Alianna[/name] (Loved this for a long time!).- I’m so-so on [name]Alianna[/name], especially with your last name, but I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Eliana[/name].
[name]Everly[/name]- This isn’t popular, but it’s very trendy because of the -ly ending. It’s definitely my least favorite on the list.
[name]Pearl[/name]- I don’t like the sound.
[name]Ava[/name]- I love [name]Ava[/name]. It’s beautiful. And [name]Ava[/name] “[name]Al[/name]-[name]May[/name]-Da” sounds terrific- just the right amount of alliteration, and so flowing and beautiful
[name]Penelope[/name]- I don’t like this name at all, but it’s very popular on nameberry.
[name]Violet[/name]- Too close to “Violent” for me.

I think you should use [name]Diana[/name] or [name]Brooke[/name] because they have a special meaning. I like [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Brooke[/name] because the vintage-ness of [name]Charlotte[/name] contrasts really well with the more modern [name]Brooke[/name]. I also like [name]Ava[/name] [name]Diana[/name]. I think it has a great ring to it, and is sort of the opposite of [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Brooke[/name]- [name]Ava[/name] is more modern, and [name]Diana[/name] is more classic.

[name]Hi[/name]!

You mentioned that you like girly flowery names and I think that Leah_9 had some great suggestions. I think it would be adorable for you to match your little girls name to your own.

My suggestion:
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Brooke[/name] Almeada (just a guess on your last name)

I think this a twist on [name]Eliana[/name]/[name]Alianna[/name]. To me, [name]Liliana[/name] feels fresh, current but not trendy, girly, flowery, and exotic like your own. And I think using your maiden name as the middle name is a lovely tribute to your family.

Good luck!
G

[name]Just[/name] wanted to say I think Alliana/[name]Aliana[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] is so pretty, and I’m a big fan of alliteration. However, I like [name]Liliana[/name]/[name]Lilliana[/name] a lot more, and [name]Lilliana[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] sounds great to me too. (My two cents.)

Thank you all so much for your thoughtful responses! Right now I think I am leaning towards [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] or [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Diana[/name]. I do love the [name]Lilianna[/name] suggestion as well, and it has extra meaning because my mom’s name is [name]Lila[/name]! Thanks again!!

I really like
[name]Alianna[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] : Very flowy, flowery feeling
[name]Everly[/name] [name]Brooke[/name]: Feels like a crisp moving stream
[name]Ava[/name] [name]Everly[/name]: I love the vintage/natural feeling of it
[name]Alianna[/name] [name]Everly[/name]: I think this flows very nice and is very fem