Baby 2 Name Trouble!

[name]Hi[/name] all;

So here I am, expecting my second. Dh and I have had a boys name picked out since our first, but are experiencing lots of trouble trying to agree on a girls name.
I’m due in [name]April[/name], so any help would be fabulous!
I’ve been in love with the name [name]Elsie[/name] since I was sixteen, and have brought it up many times to dh. [name]Elsie[/name] [name]Bryn[/name] is my goal! But dh has, wisely I suppose, pointed out that while [name]Elsie[/name] is cute for a young girl, adult [name]Elsie[/name] might want to wring our necks.
So, to compromise, we are trying to find a name that can use [name]Elsie[/name] as a nickname, but has other options. (I don’t like [name]Elizabeth[/name] very much…)
My daughter’s name is [name]Nora[/name] [name]Maeve[/name], and our possible boy’s name is [name]Leo[/name] [name]Reid[/name].

Thanks,
[name]Natalie[/name]

I think [name]Elsie[/name] can easily be a nickname for [name]Eloise[/name], which I love with [name]Nora[/name]. [name]Eloisa[/name], [name]Estelle[/name], [name]Estella[/name], [name]Elisabet[/name], [name]Elspeth[/name], [name]Elysia[/name], [name]Anneliese[/name], and [name]Melisande[/name] could work too, though the last few may be too much of a stretch. I definitely agree with your husband, though-- it’s much too much of a nickname to be used on its own.

Also, initials LC could work-- [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Linnea[/name] [name]Cecily[/name], [name]Lucienne[/name] [name]Claire[/name].

[name]How[/name] about just [name]Elsa[/name]? It sounds so much more sophisticated and will age better than [name]Elsie[/name] in my opinion, but you can still nickname her [name]Elsie[/name] while she’s young!

Good luck :slight_smile:

Thanks for all of your great suggestions! I really like [name]Eloise[/name], so we’ll see how that one goes with my hubby.
I’m also thinking I might just look for a a certain style of ending, because I like the “ee” (y, or, etc.) sound following [name]Nora[/name]. So if you have suggestions that might fill that criteria, I’d love those as well.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Ellery[/name]? I don’t particularly love it or hate it with [name]Nora[/name], but I think it goes great with [name]Maeve[/name], so maybe in the middle name slot? You could name your daughter _____ [name]Ellery[/name] and call her [name]Elsie[/name].