Baby #2, sibling for Thatcher

I just posted in the boys forum but since we will not be finding out the gender of baby #2, we need help with a possible girl’s name as well. Big Brother is [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m] [name_u]Owen[/name_u] and it seems that girls names are much more challenging for us to agree on. So far here is our list:

[name_f]Nell[/name_f] - just [name_f]Nell[/name_f] as we don’t care for any of the more formal given name possibilities
[name_f]Adele[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] - my husband loves this name
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]- We prefer the [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] pronunciation and I love the nickname [name_u]Romy[/name_u]
[name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]

In case it helps, if [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m] had been a girl his name would have been [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Adele[/name_f]. A name I still love but it has since become a little too popular for our tastes.

We appreciate any feedback!

I love Rosamund and Elowen from your list. Hazel would be great as a sibset with Thatcher. They both have a earthy feel but are still classy.

I wouldn’t worry about the popularity. Just because a celebrity used the name doesn’t mean you can’t! Names are still names. It’s not like you’re using the name Amelia or Emma. Those I can understand. But Hazel won’t likely get that popular.

If you want you can check out Times’ name popularity predictor online. It’ll compare popularity with as many names you want and show you the prediction over the next 25 years or more.

I love [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_f]Nell[/name_f] and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]. I really don’t see [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] becoming very popular, I would say it is probably in line with [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] in that respect x

[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] and [name_f]Nell[/name_f] are beautiful! [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is getting really popular but you could still use it.

I think [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] is gorgeous.

[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] or [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]?

Thanks for the feedback so far!

My husband is no longer in favor of [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] as a first name but we do both love [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f].

I love [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m]! That was my #1 for my first had she been a boy. Your girls names are great too. [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] is my favorite. I also love [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]. But I think [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is a winner!
I’ll have to go check out your boy options :slight_smile:

[name_m]Thatcher[/name_m] is amazing! I think I’d go with [name_f]Nell[/name_f] or [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]

[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] or [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]. I love [name_f]Nell[/name_f], but I’m not sure it fits with [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m].

Absolutely love [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m] and [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]! Gorgeous combo.

From your list, my favourite is [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], although I’m not sure it flows so well with [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m]. It just seems to be a different style. I also really like [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], and think this is probably a better fit alongside [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m].

With [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m] I automatically think of [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] by association (sorry, but I just do), and I don’t suppose you’d want to choose [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], [name_f]Margo[/name_f], or [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] as an option? Although, that would be kinda quirky.

[name_f]Nell[/name_f] sounds unfinished to me. I’m curious as to the formal names you have considered for this… [name_f]Danielle[/name_f]? [name_f]Janelle[/name_f]?

I like felicity, elowen, nell and I agree that hazel isn’t too popular. [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] works as a middle name for felicity or elowen.

Have you considered [name_f]Fern[/name_f]?

I adore [name_f]Nell[/name_f]! [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Nell[/name_f] [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]?

I love the name [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m]. If we had gone the route we originally talked about, we may have had a [name_u]Reagan[/name_u] and [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m], but ultimately when we named our son [name_m]Eli[/name_m], those names seemed out of the question any more.

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is so pretty. I’m not sure how popular it is though, I’ve only ever met one. I really like [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m] together. [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Adele[/name_f] is a gorgeous name so keep it on the list, if you still like it. [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] and [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m] is nice too, but I prefer [name_f]Harlow[/name_f] to [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]. What about [name_f]Willow[/name_f]? [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is gorgeous. And [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m] and [name_f]Willow[/name_f] would go well together.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] all the suggestions, thanks so much!

We have considered so many longer versions for [name_f]Nell[/name_f] and just can’t seem to like any enough to use.

We have also considered [name_f]Fern[/name_f] but prefer it as a middle name.

[name_f]Nell[/name_f] [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] is actually one of our favorite combinations.

And while we love the name [name_f]Willow[/name_f], that is our dog’s name. :slight_smile:

Thanks again for the feedback, it is very helpful!

First, I’d like to say I love your son’s name! [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m] [name_u]Owen[/name_u] is great!
From your list I like [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] the best with [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m].

[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Adele[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Katya[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Isaura[/name_f]

Other ideas:
[name_f]Annora[/name_f]/[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassia[/name_f]
[name_f]Brynn[/name_f]
[name_f]Nadia[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f]

Going with [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]; [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m] [name_u]Owen[/name_u] and…

[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_u]Rain[/name_u]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_m]Forrest[/name_m]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Freesia[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_u]Averill[/name_u]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Nessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Circe[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Idony[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Petunia[/name_f]

I love [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] from your list! I think [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m] and [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] would be a great set!

I’m really liking [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] from your list.