Baby #2

[name_m]Hi[/name_m], I’m still really struggling to decide on a name for baby #2.
I’ve narrowed it down to a few names but I’m still having trouble deciding between them!.
I already have a daughter called [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f].
What are your opinions on these names? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think they go with her big sisters name?
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any suggestions based on the names below?

[name_f]Francesca[/name_f]: [name_u]Love[/name_u] this name but don’t like the nickname [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]: I like the full name but hate the nicknames [name_f]Vicky[/name_f] and [name_f]Tori[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]: I adore this name but I’m scared it might be overshadowed by [name_f]Juliette[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]: See [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] : I really like how this name is quite elegant and feminine but I’m not sure about the popularity.
[name_f]Jade[/name_f] :I absolutely love this name but I’m worried that this is too similar to [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] and I plan to have more children and I don’t want to have to follow a theme with the first letter of their names.

Her middle names will be [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] and [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]

I prefer your longer, more ‘elegant’ options - [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] or [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] - to go with [name_f]Juliette[/name_f]. I know the sounds are a bit different, but could you use the nn [name_f]Francie[/name_f] instead of [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]? I know a [name_f]Francie[/name_f] and think it’s such a gorgeous name.

There’s also the possibility with either [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] that she simply always goes by her full name. You’ll be the main one writing and saying her name while she’s little so will have some control over this, until she gets into her tweens and teens and makes up her own mind (at which point you might have to find yourself living with [name_f]Vicky[/name_f]!)

Your daughter’s name is beautiful!

[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] is my favourite of your options! As kiriko says, [name_f]Francie[/name_f] could be another nickname, as could [name_u]Fran[/name_u], Chessy, [name_f]Cece[/name_f] or [name_f]Essie[/name_f]! [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] is another nice option and I dont think [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] over shadows it

Others:

[name_f]Nadine[/name_f]
[name_f]Elora[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanora[/name_f]
[name_f]Adriana[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f]
[name_f]Annelise[/name_f]

[name_f]Juliette[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f] is lovely!

From your list, my favourites​ for you are [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]​ and [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]. I like [name_f]Vika[/name_f] for [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], or just [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] without any nickname (I think it can work). [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] can be [name_f]Francie[/name_f], Cesca or [name_u]Frannie[/name_u] too.

Your daughter has a beautiful name.

My favorite of your sister names is [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]. I love this name and think it is perfection with the sister name and the middle names. I think most of your choices would work well except for [name_f]Jade[/name_f] which seems to be a very different style. As suggested, I think [name_f]Francie[/name_f] would be a wonderful nickname for [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]. I like the name [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], but somehow I like the names [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] & [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] a bit more separately than together.

I don’t think you need to worry too much about the nicknames. The majority of girls I know with names like [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], and [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] don’t use them. I think you would have to work to make it happen.

[name_f]Juliette[/name_f] is lovely. It was a top contender for this baby. We have a [name_f]Tess[/name_f] and I love many names on your list so I think we have a bit of style overlap!

First off I think [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] is the perfect sister for [name_f]Juliette[/name_f]. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you use a nn for [name_f]Juliette[/name_f]? I personally wouldn’t worry about [name_u]Frankie[/name_u].

If you are looking for more suggestions I think [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] or [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] would be nice additions to your list. I also think [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] would work as first name if that is an option.

Your daughter’s name is beautiful!

My favorite of your options is [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]. It’s such a lovely classic. People may end up calling her [name_f]Vicki[/name_f] or [name_f]Tori[/name_f] at some point, though my favorite nickname would be simply “V.” Perhaps that’s an option? (I’ve met other people whose names start with V who go by that sometimes and it totally works.) I like the previous suggestion of [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] as well, it has a similar vibe to both [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliette[/name_f].

Great options. I would eliminate [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. Not solely for its popularity but more because it’s kind of rhymey with [name_f]Juliette[/name_f]. And with the middle names it seems very royal family themed.
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] are my favorites from your list. I don’t think [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] overshadows them at all. I think they are really beautiful in a different way than [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] is beautiful. I like when sibling names have different styles, they are individuals, I don’t think they need to match.
[name_f]Jade[/name_f] isn’t a favorite of mine personally but I don’t think it’s too similar to [name_f]Juliette[/name_f]. I didn’t want to give my son an L name because his sister already had that initial. But we went with it and I have no regrets. And now we’re naming a 3rd and I feel no pressure to use another L name.
As for undesirable nicknames, when they are young people will mostly follow your lead and call them what you do. If you dislike any of the nicknames so much that if your daughter chose that nickname for herself when she gets older you’d cringe, eliminate it.
Good luck.

[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] is my pick with [name_f]Juliette[/name_f].

Of your choices I like [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] the best. I think it goes best with your middle name options and also goes really nicely beside [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] (and it is also just my favorite name on your list).

I think [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] and [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] are also good options though [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] is quite long. I think [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] would also be lovely as the first name though, not sure if you are open to that.

I love a previous poster’s suggestion of [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] or [name_f]Cecily[/name_f]

A few other options:
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Molly[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Audra[/name_f]

I love the names [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] and [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]. I understand your concerns, but I wouldn’t worry much. I know plenty of Victorias and no one has ever tried to refer to them as [name_f]Vicky[/name_f] or [name_f]Tori[/name_f]. [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] is a really nice name and I think holds its own with [name_f]Juliette[/name_f]. I also agree with the previous suggestion of [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f].

[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] [name_f]Phillipa[/name_f] is beautiful and goes well with [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f]. I don’t think [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] overshadows it at all. When written, [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] is longer and slightly fancier, but [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] is also 3 syllables with a beautiful romantic sound.
I also like [name_f]Francesca[/name_f], but I think with [name_f]Phillipa[/name_f] and [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] it might be too much.

I love [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Phillipa[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]! Instead of [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] I have a friend named [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] who goes by Cesca. Or what about Chessy?

Your daughter’s name is so gorgeous! As for sister names, I think [name_f]Francesca[/name_f], [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] go the best. [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] and [name_f]Jade[/name_f] feel a bit more choppy and from an entirely different style. [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] are probably my favorites, as [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] are much more common. For [name_f]Francesca[/name_f], there’s also the nn options of [name_u]Fran[/name_u], [name_f]Franny[/name_f], [name_f]Fanny[/name_f], Cesca and Chessy. If you don’t like [name_f]Vicky[/name_f] or [name_f]Tori[/name_f], there’s also [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] or [name_f]Plum[/name_f] (like the [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] plum) for [name_f]Victoria[/name_f].

With sister [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] and the middles Phillippa and [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], I like [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] and [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] best (and both happen to be on my list too!). You might use [name_f]Theresa[/name_f]/[name_f]Therese[/name_f]/[name_f]Teresa[/name_f] as a full name with [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] as a nickname. Also, as others have said regarding [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] and [name_f]Francesca[/name_f], you can insist on using the full name or explore other nn options. [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] could be [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] or [name_f]Toria[/name_f]. [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] could be Chesca, [name_f]Chessie[/name_f], Frenchie, or [name_f]Franny[/name_f].

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] make a wonderful sibset and I love [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Phillipa[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f], very regal