Baby #3- help/honest opinions!

From your list, I really like [name_m]Francis[/name_m] and feel like it fits especially well with [name_f]Mary[/name_f] and [name_m]Jack[/name_m]. It has the same classic, understated feel.

I also really like [name_m]Augustine[/name_m], although I might personally prefer [name_m]August[/name_m]. [name_m]Augustine[/name_m] feels quite grand and elaborate next to the sweet simplicity of [name_f]Mary[/name_f] and [name_m]Jack[/name_m], whereas [name_m]August[/name_m] gives you that same lovely feel while still allowing for both [name_m]Gus[/name_m] and [name_f]Auggie[/name_f]. That said, if you love the full [name_m]Augustine[/name_m], I think it definitely works!

I like [name_m]Everett[/name_m], too, and especially love [name_m]Rhett[/name_m], but I agree with others that it feels a little more modern/contemporary than [name_f]Mary[/name_f] and [name_m]Jack[/name_m]. If that difference in style doesn’t bother you, though, I think it’s a really handsome choice. [name_m]Clark[/name_m] and [name_m]Francis[/name_m] are probably my favourites from your list. I do think [name_m]Frank[/name_m] and [name_m]Clark[/name_m] having the same ending sound as [name_m]Jack[/name_m] makes them slightly less appealing as a sibset, but that’s probably just personal preference and may not bother you at all.

For girls, I actually think all three work! My only hesitation with [name_f]Clara[/name_f] is that it’s quite close to [name_f]Claire[/name_f], Mary’s middle name. It wouldn’t necessarily be a problem in everyday life, but I personally might want a little more distinction between the names.

I’m also not usually a fan of repeating initials, so [name_f]Jane[/name_f] would be a little lower for me simply because of [name_m]Jack[/name_m]. And I haven’t seen anyone mention this yet, but [name_f]Mary[/name_f] + [name_f]Jane[/name_f] together does make me think of [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] as a combination (the shoe style, [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_m]Watson[/name_m], and unfortunately the slang association), so that would probably push me toward [name_f]Alice[/name_f] if those were my three choices.

I think [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is probably my favourite of your current girl options. It has that same sweet, timeless simplicity as [name_f]Mary[/name_f] and [name_m]Jack[/name_m] without feeling too matchy.

Some other ideas I’d consider:

  • [name_f]Anne[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Helen[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Edith[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
    .
  • [name_m]Benedict[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Simon[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Dominic[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Leo[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Peter[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Louis[/name_m]

Vera—my favorite
[name_f]Helen[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]

[name_m]Augustine[/name_m] is nice for a boy! [name_m]Other[/name_m] ideas:

[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Philip[/name_m] “Flip”
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] “Sam”
[name_m]Amos[/name_m]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m] “Toby”
[name_m]August[/name_m] -same nickname potential just shorter
[name_m]Leland[/name_m]
[name_m]Warren[/name_m]

I love your boy names I think [name_m]Augustine[/name_m] “Gus” is so cute so that’s my pick although it is a little different than [name_f]Mary[/name_f] and [name_m]Jack[/name_m] which are quite short and familiar it has enough of a vintage feel I think it works. I think [name_m]Clark[/name_m] and [name_m]Jack[/name_m] might be a little similar, I like [name_m]Francis[/name_m] and it fits well with your current names, [name_m]Everett[/name_m] is also good but feels a little modern.

I like [name_f]Alice[/name_f] best and it does feel like it fits right in with the short timeless classics as do [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Jane[/name_f] although my favorite of the two is [name_f]Clara[/name_f] which feels a little more smooth and flowy.

Some suggestions:
[name_f]Theresa[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Hope[/name_f]
[name_f]Beth[/name_f]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Claudia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ruth[/name_f]