Baby #3- Milo or Declan?

Hello! I’m currently expecting #3, which is a boy! Big sisters are named [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]. My husband and I are trying to agree on a name. My front-runner is [name_m]Milo[/name_m]. His is [name_m]Declan[/name_m]. Middle name options (all family names) are [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Stephen[/name_m], and [name_u]Mercer[/name_u]. I’m thinking [name_m]Milo[/name_m] [name_u]Mercer[/name_u] is adorable. Or [name_m]Declan[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] is nice. Or we could go totally family and name him [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Stephen[/name_m]. What do you all think? I would love some help! I’ve never named a boy before! :wink:

Thanks so much, Elfi

I love [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]! I also [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_m]Milo[/name_m], but I slightly prefer [name_m]Declan[/name_m] with girls only because [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_m]Milo[/name_m] both have the prominent long I’s, so [name_m]Declan[/name_m] sounds more distinct. [name_m]Declan[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] is great. If you go with [name_m]Milo[/name_m], I actually love [name_m]Milo[/name_m] [name_m]Stephen[/name_m]. Super handsome. And if you go with [name_u]James[/name_u], I’d pick [name_u]Mercer[/name_u] for the middle, as it livens it up a bit.

Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestions! And thanks for pointing out the long I similarity! I hadn’t thought of that.

My top 3:

1. [name_m]Declan[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
  2. [name_m]Milo[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
  3. [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Mercer[/name_u]

Honorable mention: [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Milo[/name_m]

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Declan[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u], that gets my vote! Very distinguished but also playful at the same time! [name_m]Milo[/name_m] is great too, so I really don’t think you can go wrong!

Thank you all! Maybe I just need to join my husband on Team [name_m]Declan[/name_m] and be be done with it. I appreciate the input!

I still love [name_m]Milo[/name_m] more! I’m just sensitive to overlapping sounds. I have an [name_u]Owen[/name_u] and have thought/been advised that [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] sounds too similar for a sister. [name_u]Owen[/name_u] and [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] might be a bit worse than [name_m]Milo[/name_m] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] in that sense, but either way…I don’t think either sibset would raise any eyebrows in a negative way in real life. Plus [name_m]Milo[/name_m] shares the long O with [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and the long I with [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], so maybe it’s perfect. :slight_smile: good luck

Tough…I love [name_m]Milo[/name_m] on a little boy, but definitely [name_m]Declan[/name_m] on a man. I’d opt for [name_m]Declan[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u].

[name_m]Declan[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] gets my vote; it’s very handsome.

I like [name_m]Declan[/name_m]! [name_m]Milo[/name_m] is cute but it just reminds me of the chocolate malt drink.

Definitely [name_m]Milo[/name_m]! I personally cannot stand the sound of [name_m]Declan[/name_m], plus it is becoming more and more popular. [name_m]Milo[/name_m] is a great name and will be much more distinct.

[name_m]Declan[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] definitely. [name_m]Milo[/name_m] isn’t bad to me but has a puppy like sound to it that I don’t think ages incredibly well.

1. [name_m]Milo[/name_m] [name_u]Mercer[/name_u]
  2. [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Stephan[/name_m]

Very distant 3rd place) [name_m]Declan[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]

I love [name_m]Declan[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] or [name_m]Declan[/name_m] [name_u]Mercer[/name_u]. I used to really love [name_m]Milo[/name_m], but I recently met a man named [name_m]Milo[/name_m] and it really didn’t fit him. I think [name_m]Milo[/name_m] is really sweet on a young boy, but it doesn’t age well to fit with some grown men. I’m not sure why. Possibly because it’s too cute of a name for an adult.