Baby 3

This is definitely on my mind! [name_f]My[/name_f] fav is [name_f]Lainey[/name_f] but we always had [name_f]Raya[/name_f] as our girl name with our two boys and my husband still wants to use it. The Disney movie is [name_f]Raya[/name_f] and the last dragon but they pronounce it Differently so we thought of adding the h so it’s not going to get mispronounced as Rey-ah when we want Ray-ah

I really want it to be spelled [name_f]Raya[/name_f] but with the new Disney movie I feel like she would always get it mispronounced so we thought if we added an h it would clear things up. I’m 100% team [name_f]Lainey[/name_f] tho lol it’s my husband fighting for Rayah

We wanted to add the h to avoid mispronounciation with the new Disney movie which pronounces [name_f]Raya[/name_f]- Rye-uh

To me the added “h” doesn’t clear up the pronunciation of RAY-a vs. RYE-a. I agree that the Disney movie’s pronunciation is likely to be widely recognized for the next while at least. To get to RAY-a I would go with [name_f]Rhea[/name_f] or [name_f]Rea[/name_f] or Réa.

Also, would you consider [name_u]Lane[/name_u] or [name_u]Laine[/name_u] as the full name and [name_f]Lainey[/name_f] as a nickname? [name_f]Lainey[/name_f] is great and fits with her brothers’ names but it doesn’t feel as versatile as theirs do (to me). I can see [name_u]Lane[/name_u] growing up better than [name_f]Lainey[/name_f].

I much prefer Rayah, and prefer it with your boys’ names.

I like [name_f]Lainey[/name_f] with [name_u]Cooper[/name_u] and [name_m]Brody[/name_m].

If you’re going to use Rayah, I would use [name_f]Raya[/name_f], Reya or [name_f]Rhea[/name_f] (I like [name_f]Raya[/name_f] best). The h at the end does nothing for me.

[name_f]Lainey[/name_f] is a great fit with your boys.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] love love [name_f]Lainey[/name_f]! If you want to keep Rayah in there perhaps you could go with [name_f]Lainey[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] :yellow_heart:

When I see [name_f]Rhea[/name_f] I instantly think of dia-Rhea lol but I’m an RN so maybe the association is made so quickly because of work but if I were to meet a [name_f]Rhea[/name_f] it would be impossible for me to assume it’s pronounced [name_f]Raya[/name_f].
I like it the opposite and prefer [name_f]Lainey[/name_f] as the first name and then [name_u]Laine[/name_u] as a nickname- I’m team [name_f]Lainey[/name_f] and my husband is team Rayah but if either one of our first two kids would have been girls they would have been just [name_f]Raya[/name_f] (until Disney made me kibosh that lol)

1 Like

Also loveeee the name [name_f]Raya[/name_f]! I want to spell it like that but then I just worry about the Disney association. In a lot of ways the entire idea of [name_f]Raya[/name_f] is lost for me but my husband is hanging on for dear life!!

Use both? [name_f]Raya[/name_f] as middle won’t get mispronounced as often