Baby #4 in July - Stephen, Lawrence, Hugh, or Sebastian

this is a real baby. it’s come down to:

[name_m]Stephen[/name_m], [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u], [name_m]Hugh[/name_m], or [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]

recently dropped: [name_m]Peter[/name_m]

my top names summarily discarded by her - [name_m]Pascal[/name_m], [name_m]Leonard[/name_m], [name_m]Alphonse[/name_m]

her top names summarily discarded by me - [name_m]Anthony[/name_m], [name_m]Andrew[/name_m], [name_m]Gregory[/name_m], [name_m]Vincent[/name_m]

We have our unique reasons why we like these names. I want to know what’s in and what’s out, or what is a like, or just a meh…

feel free to offer other names, but if the name does not have a feast day on the catholic calendar, then it’s probably not for him.

I like [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]!

[name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] and [name_m]Hugh[/name_m].

What are the sibling names? Might give us more of an idea of which is the better fit

I like [name_m]Hugh[/name_m] best. :slight_smile: (I also like [name_m]Peter[/name_m]! Haha)

I loooove [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u]. Not too popular, sounds like the romantic interest in a novel. :slight_smile:

I really like [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u]! Very handsome and underused while not being unusual. [name_m]Stephen[/name_m] is also nice, but [name_m]Steve[/name_m] as a nickname is a little meh to me.

Suggestion:
[name_m]Joseph[/name_m]

Good names. My favorite (since [name_m]Peter[/name_m] has fallen) is [name_m]Hugh[/name_m].

[name_m]Ah[/name_m], too bad you dropped [name_m]Peter[/name_m] and [name_m]Pascal[/name_m] and [name_m]Gregory[/name_m], all good choices.

But what you are left with is lovely.

I adore [name_m]Stephen[/name_m], though [name_m]Steve[/name_m] not so much. It is classic.

[name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] is my favorite of this group. Classic and with a million amazing nns.

[name_m]Hugh[/name_m] is wonderful too. [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] [name_m]Hugh[/name_m] is a lovely combo.

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] is a great name, but very common where I live in [name_u]California[/name_u].

I would drop [name_m]Stephen[/name_m] for sure.

[name_m]Hugh[/name_m], [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u], and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] are all “in” but not too trendy.

[name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] is the “safest” choice, [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] is the most “adventurous”.

I like [name_m]Hugh[/name_m] and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] best. All 3 are very handsome names.

[name_m]Hugh[/name_m]! [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] meaning.

[name_m]Stephen[/name_m] - I never know which way to pronounce this, so it’s a no for me.

[name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] - Ages well. Handsome. Charmingly uncommon!

[name_m]Hugh[/name_m] - This is a cool name. Short and spunky, though can feel incomplete at times.

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] - I feel like this name is pretty trendy right now. I don’t mind it though!

Suggestions: (All taken from the catholic calendar.)
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_m]Major[/name_m]
[name_m]Xavier[/name_m]
[name_m]Damien[/name_m]
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_m]Dominic[/name_m]
[name_m]Becket[/name_m]
[name_m]Matthias[/name_m]
[name_m]Adrian[/name_m]
[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]
[name_m]Titus[/name_m]
[name_m]Fisher[/name_m]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_m]Bruno[/name_m]
[name_m]Casimir[/name_m]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m]
[name_m]Julian[/name_m]
[name_u]Casey[/name_u]

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] is my favorite, then [name_m]Hugh[/name_m]. With [name_m]Stephen[/name_m] I assume the person is now “dad” age, not a small child. The name just feels dated to me and I’ve never been able to get behind [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u]. He would end up as [name_m]Larry[/name_m]. Is that ok for you? [name_m]Hugh[/name_m] is a bit plain in my opinion, but not offensive in any way.

I like [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] (even if it is getting more popular) partly because there are so many nn options.

They are all great names… But [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] is my favorite!

I love love [name_m]Hugh[/name_m]…saintly with many notable namesakes. So underused too. Easily gets my vote.