Baby #4: Stuck on 2 Boy Names

Hi, all!
I’m expecting [name_u]Baby[/name_u] #4 next spring. We already have 3 boys and I’m honestly hoping for another one. (I don’t want to hear every.single.person gush about how we “FINALLY” got a girl if we end up having one, because we absolutely did not decide to have a fourth to “try” for a girl, and I would love to have a little pack of 4 boys. I think I’m pretty good at the Boy Mom thing, so let’s just add another one, right?:woman_shrugging:t3::blush:)
The thing is, this is almost certainly our last baby and I have 2 boy names I can’t pick between (my husband says he’s okay with either).
The first is [name_u]Bennett[/name_u]. It’s been on our list with all the previous pregnancies. So, part of me thinks: we obviously still like it, so it’s about time we use it. The other part of me thinks we’ve not liked it enough to use it yet, so does it seem like a “fallback” name? I do like that it’s not weird and he can go by [name_m]Ben[/name_m] without being a [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]. It is not overly common where I live (I honestly don’t know if there’s a [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] of any age in the Pre-K through 8th grade building I teach in.)
The other name is [name_m]Anders[/name_m]. I think it’s more unique without being weird and I can’t get it out of my mind after I saw it somewhere.
[name_f]My[/name_f] other boys are [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] ([name_u]Theo[/name_u]), [name_u]Oliver[/name_u], and [name_u]Hayes[/name_u]. Although I believe [name_u]Theo[/name_u] and [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] are becoming more common, they aren’t in our area…there isn’t anyone older or younger in our school building with either name.
Middle names are family names…[name_m]John[/name_m], [name_u]Dean[/name_u], and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], respectively. This one will use a family name as well, although we don’t have one picked to try out the “flow”.
Thoughts? Which do you prefer and why? Other name suggestions that seem like my “style”?

4 Likes

I like both, but I prefer [name_m]Anders[/name_m]. It just seems more special to me for some reason.

I think [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] goes really well with your boys names. [name_m]Anders[/name_m] is also cool, but I think I prefer [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] with the other boys.

5 Likes

Oh man I can see why you’re stuck, I love both of those! I feel like either one would fit in with their siblings names as well. I think I’d go with [name_u]Bennett[/name_u], so handsome while nn [name_m]Ben[/name_m] or [name_m]Benny[/name_m] is super cute

1 Like

I really like both! And I think they would both fit well into your sibset. Not sure which to lean towards, honestly… They both would work so well! However, I do like the more unique edge of [name_m]Anders[/name_m], so I think that one gets my vote. But you can’t go wrong either way. :slight_smile:

I really like the name [name_u]Bennett[/name_u].

Bennett is so handsome, and it definitely fits in with your other boys’ names. [name_m]Ben[/name_m] and [name_m]Benny[/name_m] are super cute, too!

Bennett all the way!
He’s been on your mind for all this time, and now could be your chance to use him! The time just wasn’t right yet before. [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] sounds so good with the rest of your boys too.

We’ve used a name further down the line that had been on my mind many kids previous. For the kid that won that name, it fits so right.

Ooh, tough choice! Both are great, but I think I prefer [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] with your boys’ names. It fits the traditional but dashing vibe you’ve got going.

Your choices also make me think of:

August
[name_u]Brooks[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_u]Griffin[/name_u]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]

I like [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] with your other boys names!

Bennett - nice name and goes with other names (particularly the surname sounding [name_u]Hayes[/name_u]). Good choice.

1 Like

I like [name_u]Bennett[/name_u]

Congratulations! [name_m]Anders[/name_m] is by far my favorite. You’re right that there is something special about it. [name_m]Anders[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] flows pretty well, but you might not like the opposing ‘s’ sounds. [name_m]Anders[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] and [name_m]Anders[/name_m] [name_u]Dean[/name_u] are perfect alternatives! Best of luck to you and your growing family!

I was reading a story recently which had a minor character named Benaren. I really liked it. It might be an acceptable alternative to [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] .

I like [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] and think it goes really well with your other boys names!

I love [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] for you!

I love both! The only reason I prefer [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] to [name_m]Anders[/name_m] for you is because of the little one you have named [name_u]Hayes[/name_u], just because they end the same. But, I was looking at [name_m]Anders[/name_m] for a name myself, and with my last name it sounds weird, so “[name_m]Ander[/name_m]” is a simple fix for me.

I also just wanted to comment I totally understand how annoying people are with the “maybe you’ll finally have your girl!” comment. They mean well, but it’s so awful. Oh! And congratulations :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I really like [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] — it’s different but still familiar. I’ve personally never been fond of [name_m]Anders[/name_m], seems incomplete to me (I know it’s a full name, I’m just more used to [name_u]Anderson[/name_u] as a surname).

Anders has so much more edge and uniqueness to it, in my opinion. It sounds great with your other sons’ names, and you (or he) always have the nickname option of [name_u]Andy[/name_u], which is very familiar (but much less popular than [name_m]Ben[/name_m]).

For me, [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] just falls a bit flat in comparison. Though it is a very sweet name.

1 Like

I think I prefer [name_m]Anders[/name_m] of the 2. [name_m]Anders[/name_m] [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] would be a nice combo too if you aren’t dead set on a family name.