Baby #4: Stuck on 2 Boy Names

Either would be great, but I prefer [name_u]Bennett[/name_u], because it looks and sounds better with the other names. Something bothers me about [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] and [name_m]Anders[/name_m] both having the some ending.

The0, [name_f]Olive[/name_f].r, H@yes and [name_u]Bennett[/name_u]
The0, [name_f]Olive[/name_f].r, H@yes and [name_m]Anders[/name_m]

I like the suggestion of [name_u]Everett[/name_u] very much.Some other ideas…
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_m]Ansel[/name_m]
[name_m]Emil[/name_m]
[name_m]Lowell[/name_m]
[name_u]Leland[/name_u]
[name_m]Beckham[/name_m]
[name_m]Bronson[/name_m]
[name_m]Deacon[/name_m]

I think [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] “[name_m]Ben[/name_m]” fits better with your older boys.

Hi there.

I love your reasoning for wanting another boy. That would be so annoying for people to gush over finally having a girl. :roll_eyes: [name_f]My[/name_f] SIL & BIL have five little boys, & they’re such a fun pack together!

As for a name for a hopeful #4 boy, I think I prefer [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] of your two choices. It’s handsome, smart, quiet, old fashioned & [name_m]Ben[/name_m] is very sweet. It goes really well w/your crew. I don’t dislike [name_m]Anders[/name_m], & I agree that it’s good that it’s more unique. But I feel like it has two pronunciations, & that would just get annoying. [name_f]Ann[/name_f]-ders vs. Ahn-ders.

Here are a few more ideas that you may like:

August

Asher

Alden

Charles

Calvin

Calum

Desmond

Elliott

Ellis

Julian

Milo

Nathan

Nathaniel

Nolan

Owen

Peter

Rowan

Simon

Silas

Wyatt

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

I like [name_m]Anders[/name_m] matches your other names better, but being the youngest it may be weird to say “and [name_m]Anders[/name_m]”. All your boy names are masculine but not harsh. [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] sounds harsh to me. [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] instead of [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] would match better, but I get your concern. In that case, I think [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] is less awkward, but [name_m]Anders[/name_m] matches more stylistically.

I think [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] would go really well with your other sons’ names. [name_m]Anders[/name_m] feels a little more ‘out there’ and less of the same vibe, a bit more international.

Congratulations! I’m expecting a baby as well! You have wonderful baby names, [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_u]Oliver[/name_u], so sweet! I like [name_u]Bennett[/name_u], but one of my friend’s last name is such, so for me it’s a surname. [name_m]Ben[/name_m] or [name_m]Benny[/name_m] for a nickname is darling! I prefer [name_m]Anders[/name_m], it reminds me of the mountains and nature.

Here are my ideas:
[name_u]Noah[/name_u] (not my favourite, super popular, but still handsome)
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] (love this)
[name_m]Casper[/name_m]/Caspar (aw, like [name_u]Jasper[/name_u], less popular)
[name_m]Terence[/name_m] (unique, not out there)
[name_m]Emil[/name_m] (familiar, not popular)
[name_m]Jacob[/name_m] (very popular, but still good)
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] (again, is popular, but maybe [name_m]Leonard[/name_m], nn [name_m]Leo[/name_m]?)
[name_u]Basil[/name_u] (Ba-seel or ba-zil, so cute and has historic value as well)
[name_u]Emery[/name_u] (like [name_u]Emerson[/name_u], less trendy though)
[name_u]Quentin[/name_u] (Aw, I adore this, but is better for fifth child, if you get me ;))
[name_m]Rupert[/name_m] (gaining popularity, but delightfully vintage)
[name_u]Blair[/name_u] (Scottish name, used sometimes for girls, but I think it’s for the boys)
[name_m]Dominic[/name_m] (I’m really rooting for this one; [name_u]Theo[/name_u], [name_u]Oliver[/name_u], [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] and [name_m]Dominic[/name_m]?)
[name_m]Julius[/name_m] (similar in nature to [name_m]Dominic[/name_m], I love it!)
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] (historical charm, I knew siblings [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] “[name_u]Theo[/name_u]” and [name_m]Henry[/name_m])
[name_u]Blaise[/name_u] (Olde Name, sounds modern, I adore this, prefer [name_m]Blaisot[/name_m], blaise-ou)

Hope you got some ideas, xx [name_f]Aleksandra[/name_f] “[name_f]Aleksa[/name_f]” Y.

1 Like

I prefer [name_u]Bennett[/name_u]

I think [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] flows very nicely with your older son’s names.

I like [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] with your other kids.

Bennett is great, but I definitely prefer [name_m]Anders[/name_m].

I prefer [name_m]Anders[/name_m], but I think it’s a bit clunky with [name_u]Hayes[/name_u]. For your little pack I prefer [name_m]Bennet[/name_m].

theo, oliver, hayes and…

Boden
[name_u]Brennan[/name_u]
[name_u]Beckett[/name_u]
[name_u]Nolan[/name_u]

Bennett for sure! [name_m]Anders[/name_m] isn’t my style.

[name_u]Bennett[/name_u]! Agree with pp that having both a [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] and [name_m]Anders[/name_m] with the same ending would trip me up. Plus [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] is such a handsome name!

Ps- I have 3 boys too and am always asked if I’m “going to go for a girl” and it makes me mad bc boys.are.awesome! I love being a boy mom! Good luck :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Thank you all for your responses!:blush:
We found out this week that [name_u]Baby[/name_u] #4 IS a boy! Yay!
So, I probably should have asked this before, but how would you pronounce [name_m]Anders[/name_m]? I only like the sound of [name_f]Ann[/name_f]-ders and my husband does too, but knew of a few [name_m]Anders[/name_m] in college that were pronounced Ahn-ders so now that’s tripping us both up that that will be the default pronunciation we’re constantly correcting. That’s one thing that’s holding me back from finally saying “that’s the one”.
I still really like [name_u]Bennett[/name_u], too, but another couple in our small community is due just a couple weeks before me and announced they’re using the name [name_u]Bennett[/name_u], which is a family surname for them so I’d feel weird using it right after since it’s not a name that’s common around here and it has a meaningful family connection for them…I think I would still be fine using it if it was a family name for us, too, but it’s not. I know it’s not like an immediate family member announced they’re using a name I picked, but we’re a small community and it is enough to make me reconsider. The kids would be in the same class (two Bennetts born weeks or days apart in a class of 20ish kids). Maybe that just seems weird to me because although I know my kids aren’t the only ones with their names (like, in the world) we didn’t know anyone with those names before they were born, even an acquaintance.

I would pronounce it [name_f]Ann[/name_f]-ders

1 Like

I would say [name_f]Ann[/name_f]-ders—would not have considered the other pronunciation. It reminds me of [name_u]Anderson[/name_u] and [name_m]Andrew[/name_m], which I’ve only heard pronounced with a short A.

I love the name [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]! [name_m]Anders[/name_m] is in my list along with [name_u]Oliver[/name_u], and it sounds really good with your other boys! [name_u]Theo[/name_u], [name_u]Oliver[/name_u], [name_u]Hayes[/name_u], and [name_m]Anders[/name_m]! I, also, would pronounce it ANN-ders.

Anders or [name_u]Anderson[/name_u]. I’ve never heard it pronounced Ahn-ders.

So, update…
[name_f]My[/name_f] husband said he was ok with either and then couldn’t get past the possibility of having to correct the pronunciation of [name_m]Anders[/name_m] and I couldn’t convince him to just use it.
The family I talked about in a previous reply used [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] (a family name for them). Their baby was late and ours was early, so they’re only about a week apart. We had decided earlier not to go with [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] because we knew they were going to use it and that the babies would be close in age. To be honest, I’m glad they announced their name ahead of time so we knew.
We ended up going with [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u], which I suggested and I do like, but if at any point during the pregnancy or in the hospital my husband would have changed his mind I 100% would have switched it to [name_m]Anders[/name_m] without a second thought.
It’s been 7 months and I’m still SO sad to have a name I love so much that I’ll never get to use. And to be honest, that I ended up using the #3 name on my list instead of my absolute favorite #1 name, like I was able to do with my other kids.