Baby #4

We will be having baby #4 in [name_u]June[/name_u] and will not be finding out the gender this time :smiley:
Our children’s names are [name_m]Tucker[/name_m] [name_m]Richie[/name_m], [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Selina[/name_f] and [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]. If the baby is a boy his name will be [name_u]Carter[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]. We are having a hard time choosing a girls name, but right now are between [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Lola[/name_f]. Thoughts and suggestions? we are looking for a two syllable name that doesn’t have the first initial of any of our other kids names (T,A, or S). Yes, I know I have baby name OCD (and maybe other kinds, lol.) [name_f]TIA[/name_f]!

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is lovely with [name_f]Ava[/name_f], [name_m]Tucker[/name_m] and [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]. What about:
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Holly[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]
[name_f]Hattie[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Polly[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Jill[/name_f]
[name_f]Molly[/name_f]
[name_f]Fae[/name_f]
[name_f]Zara[/name_f]?
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you like any?

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is my absolute favorite girl name. I think it sounds wonderful with your kids’ names; [name_f]Lola[/name_f] seems like an odd one out in that group.

If you’re looking for more ideas, how about:

[name_f]Claire[/name_f]/[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Brynn[/name_f]
[name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Molly[/name_f]
[name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Delia[/name_f]

I think [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is perfect! It goes great with your other children’s names. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any ideas for a middle name or are you looking for suggestions?

Thanks ladies :smiley: I just asked the kids to vote on it and they all chose [name_f]Lola[/name_f] (I let them know we are still deciding.) I am extremely picky on names so this is so hard! I would love middle name suggestions for either name. I would love to do [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Sunshine[/name_f] in honor of a friend I respect named [name_f]Sunshine[/name_f], but it’s a little out there. Thanks! I should also mention my name is Caite (pronounced [name_f]Kate[/name_f]) so that is out.

I say go for it with [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Sunshine[/name_f]! It’s a middle name, so you should use that slot to use something you love. I’d caution you to just be 100% sure since it would honor a friend and friendships can go downhill, and it would be awkward for your daughter to have a middle name honoring someone you’re no longer speaking to or something. If you use [name_f]Sunshine[/name_f], then each of your girls has a name starting with S, which is a sweet connection.

I’m not shocked that your kids picked [name_f]Lola[/name_f], because it’s such a fun name to say, but my thinking is “my kid, my choice.” It’s sweet to ask them, but I’d go with what you and your partner like best.

Contrary to what everyone else on here says, I like [name_f]Lola[/name_f] & [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], but with a slight preference to [name_f]Lola[/name_f]! I like both names equally, but I prefer [name_f]Lola[/name_f] with you older kids. When I say your kids names in a row, I dislike how [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] rhyme. I know [name_f]Ava[/name_f] and [name_f]Lola[/name_f] rhyme too, but they are separated by [name_f]Sadie[/name_f].
Also, I think it’s sweet you asked you kids.
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Sunshine[/name_f] works, but I agree with pp, be sure about the friendship because if there was ever a falling out it could be awkward. [name_f]Lola[/name_f] [name_f]Sunshine[/name_f] works nicely too, but is maybe a bit too cutesy?
Instead of [name_f]Sunshine[/name_f], you could use:
[name_f]Sunniva[/name_f]
[name_u]Ray[/name_u]
or anything meaning “light”.

Thanks everyone! I believe we are going to wait until the baby is born and see if we even have to make this decision. It may be a boy after all! Thanks again.

I am due in [name_f]May[/name_f] 2015 and if it’s a boy we are leaning towards [name_u]Carter[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u], too. I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] you kids names :slight_smile: [name_m]Tucker[/name_m], [name_f]Ava[/name_f], and [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] is sooo adorable. As for your girls names, I am not so much a fan of [name_f]Lola[/name_f] or [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] with your current children’s names. Where as the current three all “go” [name_f]Lola[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] seem a bit… forced [name_f]IMO[/name_f]. But they are beautiful names nonetheless.

As for suggestions:
[name_f]Molly[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]
[name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_f]Kinley[/name_f]
[name_f]Bria[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] some of those help, and good luck!